• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: Major Zero’s VA won’t reprise his role; cites "insulting offer" from Konami

stvOFWs.png

vP7ftil.png

0A7uC6c.png

Wonder what happened :-/

Via Gamingbolt

oldmario

i have a feeling queefer took more of a paycheck than hayter ever would and now this is the result

ARE YOU HAPPY KOJIMA

oni-link

Can you imagine the hype if he's lying, same with Hayter, if just a third into the game they show up, it would probably be the only way they could keep a secret ala MGS2 till release in 2014

Let it go guys. They wouldn't let Hayter and Piddock openly insult Konami if they were part of some long con.

Kojima created a misleading trailer for a "fake" game from a "fake" developer.

MGS4 had the most nonsense of the entire series and everyone knows he's going to outdo himself again.

Kojima could do almost anything

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Today I learned the word Derisory.

Also shame about this, Zero had a good distinct voice. At least this confirms Zero has an appearance (voice or otherwise) in the game, and not just a passing reference).

Sakujou

Banned
Metal Gear is like the only game Konami puts money behind anymore. Are they really pinching pennies on it now?

i dont think so, they are still on the boat with their f2p soccer game in asia as well as all the bemani-games which should bring them tons of money (i remember the days when 10 guys in front of me queueing up to play the newest iteration of IIDX or the crowdy mondays because of the new updates in reflec beat... )

if it turns out to be true, that konami is broke, what happens to all that money???

First off: yass Zero confirmed for actual appearance/spoken role in MGSV and it's not only about Skull Face.

Second: damn, it isn't like Kojima to skimp out on VA's. The series is known for it's voice acting and I guess I always figured the paycheck was a part of why they gave it their all. Though this wouldn't be the first spat they've had after Cam Clarke and David Hayter.

Wereroku

No, people just want to believe he is.

Pity Zero's VA isn't coming back, wonder how low the offer was.

Low enough for him to talk about it. VA is an area that always seems to be budget cut first. I really wouldn't be surprised if they really did use a ton of their budget on Keifer.

samn

i dont think so, they are still on the boat with their f2p soccer game in asia as well as all the bemani-games which should bring them tons of money (i remember the days when 10 guys in front of me queueing up to play the newest iteration of IIDX or the crowdy mondays because of the new updates in reflec beat... )

if it turns out to be true, that konami is broke, what happens to all that money???

A company doesn't need to be broke to take cost-cutting measures. The people most unhappy with this change are going to buy it day one anyway.

Drencrom

Aw c'mon Konami/Kojima, Major Zero's VA was great in MGS3. Wouldn't be surprised if they're spending all their budget on Kiefer's 10 lines of speech...

Sami+

For a minute there I mixed up Colonel Campbell and Major Zero in my head. Relieved now. Zero was cool but replacing Campbell is blasphemous.

Aw c'mon Konami/Kojima, Major Zero's VA was great in MGS3. Wouldn't be surprised if they're spending all their budget on Kiefer's 10 lines of speech...

i'm still convinced kiefer will only speak during the cutscenes, and very little there too if Ground Zeroes is anything to go on by :/

I hope Konami isn't sacrificing the soul of the series to accommodate Kiefer Sutherland. The original voice actors are a huge part of what made mgs so great.

Top Bottom