• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GITAROO-MAN LIVE (PSP): New Official Info:

Matix

GITAROO-MAN LIVE (PSP): New Info:
*Release Date: 5/26/06 (JPN):
http://www.jp.playstation.com/shopping/Item/2/6178342.html

INFO:
-Developed By INIS:
-Visuals Design By 326:
-Music Produce By COIL:
-Featuring Various Music Artist:
-New Gameplay Modes:
-2 Player Ad-Hoc Support:
-New V.S. + Duet Multi-Player Modes Featured:

Thats all I could understand from the horrid translation, but with the release date being so soon.. it gotta be some more news soon :D :D !!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
gitaroo man is my least-hated rhythm game. i wonder how it'll play on TEH NUB.

and let's hope "various new music artist" doesn't mean "crap j-rock covers, as featured in osu tatakae ouendan, the alleged best game on the nintendo ds"

Jonnyram

From the description, it sounds like it could just be a port of the PS2 version with additional mode and some gameplay tweaks. The staff are exactly the same, designer, sound producer and voice actors, and it talks of a "major rebalancing" of the PS2 version's gameplay. Oh yeah, and it mentions the same story too... your dog Boomer and the U-1.

I approve of this message.

Also, the first game isn't that hard, just takes practice. I thought the normal mode ones were hard at first, but after practicing and playing, they're pretty easy now. And I'm honestly no music game expert or anything. It's the master mode that is really, really, hard.

i found that tying my thumb on the PS2 analog stick with a rubber band helped me play GITAROO man on the more difficult stages

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Jonnyram said:
From the description, it sounds like it could just be a port of the PS2 version with additional mode and some gameplay tweaks. The staff are exactly the same, designer, sound producer and voice actors, and it talks of a "major rebalancing" of the PS2 version's gameplay. Oh yeah, and it mentions the same story too... your dog Boomer and the U-1.
And here I was ready to put down a purchase for a PSP finally!

As long as we got the Gitaroo-Man fans present, I have to know if anybody actually beat the whole thing completly.

I've plataued, I continue to get owned on the 2nd stage of Master Mode.

-How far did you guys get into it?

genjiZERO

Himuro said:
The line. Occasionally the analog stick moves to the side or just a little bit and you're off key for example.

I always hated this. I could never do particularly great iin the reggae level because of it. I also found that my thumb would get tired and slip off the analog stick

HyperZone<3 said:
As long as we got the Gitaroo-Man fans present, I have to know if anybody actually beat the whole thing completly.

That artist formerly known as Andrew Vestal boasted how he beat Master Mode. I got to the UFO stage before collapsing, the fucking bends are too hard.

I hope all of you play Gitaroo Man using your index and middle fingers on the right hand. I had a friend piss and moan to me about the difficulty, only to see him using his thumb.

Geez, Konami is announcing PSP games left and right!! (GM is from Konami right?)

Was this known to be in development before now? This is the first time I've heard of it.

It would be very stupid to buy a PSP just for a port of a game I already have.
I don't have the money, for one thing.

I have to tell myself this.

edit: Chris, GM is a Koei game, and the best one of all time.

I couldn't get past Born To Be Bone on Master. I shudder to think how many times I played it before just giving up.

I had a friend piss and moan to me about the difficulty, only to see him using his thumb.

I played with my thumb and it was just fine. On some of the bits that were physically impossible for one thumb, I would use my left and right thumbs in unison.

If I could only change one thing about myself, it would be my ability to play Gitaroo Man in Master Mode.

...I got to Mojo King Bee once.

the year 20XX said:
It would be very stupid to buy a PSP just for a port of a game I already have.
I don't have the money, for one thing.

I have to tell myself this.

edit: Chris, GM is a Koei game, and the best one of all time.

Ah, thanks. I knew it started with "Ko". :p

Himuro said:
One more Gitaroo Man complaint. For such a hard game, I like how you can only start the song over or go back to the main menu if you pause. You can't go back to the song where you originally were.

Isn't that true of most music/rhythm games? It's at least like that for the Parappas. I think either they don't want you to be able to pause and look at the upcoming button sequence, or they assume that pausing would fuck up the rhythm too much for you.

Harmonix's games let you pause in the middle of songs.

edit: Not to imply that I disagree with you, Himuro-- I think it's annoying as hell, and I wish I could pause in the middle of songs. I am a big fan of pausing anywhere, at any time.

carlos

Just a week ago, I watched in amazement how my little brother (14) finished master mode; after being stuck on born to be bone for about a year, he tried it about 50 times straight until he miraculously passed it; after that he went on and finished the remaining stages without losing again.... as for myself, I stopped trying at the second master level

I couldn't play this game on one of my third party controllers due to its analog stick. I think it would really suck with the nub.

Still, this pretty much means I have to buy a PSP now.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Himuro said:
I love hard games but since you've only played the demo, please move aside.

Gitaroo Man, while a great game, pummels you with hard difficulty without any transition. It's difficult right off the bat and then puts all of these features in the game that weren't covered in the tutorial. Gitaroo Man is great, but the difficulty is fucking stupid. Playing a level 50 times because it's hard isn't my idea of fun. Hard yet not so punishing gameplay, is where it's at. Gitaroo Man is not a game that soothes you into it, it throws an iron at your face right at the second song.

And Gitaroo Man with that shitty psp analog nub sounds like torture already.

Are you complaining about Master Mode or Normal Mode? Master Mode is understandably difficult, but you just suck if you can't get past Normal. Even my brother who hardly plays games beat Gitaroo Man in 4 hours. I know this because he finished it in one afternoon.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
SnowWolf said:
Are you complaining about Master Mode or Normal Mode? Master Mode is understandably difficult, but you just suck if you can't get past Normal. Even my brother who hardly plays games beat Gitaroo Man in 4 hours. I know this because he finished it in one afternoon.

QFT. Normal Mode Gitaroo Man is not hard by any stretch of the imagination as long as you know the face button symbols. I have no idea what these techniques not covered by the tutorial are that Himuro is talking about.

PolyGone

Banned
Himuro said:
i got to that fucking shark and gave up.

aw man! you missed out on some of the best levels! you have to go back and just grind it out, the shark level is actually not that long. From there you're back to playing normal levels, you'll thank me when you see the skeleton level.

Drakken

I got to the Sanbone Trio on Master, but was never able to get past them.

Himuro said:
i got to that fucking shark and gave up.

You're talking about Master Mode, right?

Looking forward to more info on this. If it's a new game (or has any significant new content), that'll mean either buying a PSP or borrowing my friend's.

Belfast

Himuro, just admit you suck at the game and quit griping about the supposed "difficulty."

Master Mode is some hard shit right there, but come on, Normal is practically a breeze.

VNZ

Wow, I read this as "Guitar Hero Live" the first time I saw the title.. New portable GITAROO MAN! That's awesome. Might be a bit of a strain to control with the PSP analogue if they use the same control scheme..

There's a portable Guitar Hero in the works too, right? Or did I misread some earlier info on this game too?

Drakken

VNZ said:
There's a portable Guitar Hero in the works too, right? Or did I misread some earlier info on this game too?

No portable GH title has been announced. They confirmed that multiple console installments are in the works, though.

polg

Dear whoever publishes it outside japan:
please don't do english voiceovers, leave the original japanese dialogue and include subtitles
peace out

polg

Sooo...brand new game or remake with added songs/modes?

And Gitaroo Man on Normal wasn't nearly as hard as Himuro makes it out to be. Pretty sure I got through most of the songs on the first try. Master mode is a different story of course. :lol

Edit: Nevermind I saw the 1-up article. Seems like it's all new. In that case, first must-get psp game? :O

HyperZone<3 said:
I finished Master Mode last year during winter break, along with Extreme difficulty in MGS3... they were the only two games I had with me so I just went crazy on them. :lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
BlackTyrano said:
Sooo...brand new game or remake with added songs/modes?

And Gitaroo Man on Normal wasn't nearly as hard as Himuro makes it out to be. Pretty sure I got through most of the songs on the first try. Master mode is a different story of course. :lol

Edit: Nevermind I saw the 1-up article. Seems like it's all new. In that case, first must-get psp game? :O
1up also reported that Konami list, they seem to be coping what the see on GAF lately. But keep the hope alive.

BluWacky

HyperZone<3 said:

Master Mode beaten :D I've been working on getting A ranks at least on every level, but it's hard going and some bits I just physically can't move my fingers fast enough to play; there are other bits where I just can't understand the rhythm properly (there's one bit in Resurrection (that's the last stage, right?) on Master Mode which I have never been able to play, but can do the rest of the level perfectly; I make sure I don't lose any health until that point, completely cock it up and get down to virtually no life left, and then do the Final stage basically wetting myself because a single mistake means death).

Gitaroo Man is my favourite rhythm game ever precisely because it's hard, but rewarding; Parappa et al are a bit too simple, and Amplitude has too many poor music tracks (I don't care about getting better at doing the Slipknot level - THERE'S NO TUNE!).

Also, Gregorio is the best freaky camp vampire in a music game ever. FACT.

rex64

Banned
4988615023255.jpg

Top Bottom