• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RaRappa & Vib-Ribbon creator Masaya Matsuura is working on a new game

Drencrom

grcGqvr.png

https://twitter.com/masayamatsuura/status/544479623082278912

The 'we' maybe implies a collaboration with SCEJ?
It kinda makes sense with Masaya performing at the recent PlayStation Awards 2014 show if he's working on a new game music game with them.

What do you think, GAF?

Camjo-Z

I'd say the "we" probably implies his studio, NanaOn-Sha.

It could be PaRappa! Or Vib-Ribbon! But... I wouldn't get too excited just yet. He could just mean a simple mobile game like Musika or WINtA. Or something else like Major Mino...

Major Minor's Maj....

M-majes...

No, I can't even say it. *shudder*

Eolz

Oh boy.
Could go either way as said above.

Not Parappa due to the thread we got here

Drencrom

I'd say the "we" probably implies his studio, NanaOn-Sha.

It could be PaRappa! Or Vib-Ribbon! But... I wouldn't get too excited. He could just mean a simple mobile game like Musika or WINtA. Or something else like Major Mino...

Major Minor's Maj....

M-majes...

No, I can't even say it. *shudder*

Oh right, forgot about NanaOn-Sha, most likely that 'we' implied.

Seeing him at the PlayStation Awards gives me hope tho.

-MD-

A new Parappa would definitely be sweet, it'd probably only survive as a $20 PSN title but that's good enough for me

This man is a living legend. Parappa the Rapper and Vib Ribbon are classics, and his performance at the recent Playstation Awards ceremony was awesome. Whatever he and his studio are working on next, I hope it's as simultaneously charming and bonkers as his best work.

Although I wouldn't say no to the return of Vibri...

tumblr_lob2oa3xfF1qbkwivo1_500.gif

I was very sad that Parappa didn't get a third game on PS3. I would be happy with another Um Jammer or Vib Ribbon, too, but Parappa should be a staple on every PS. Maybe as a digital game though, since they are kinda short.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
If they're giving us another game from PaRappatown I will be absolutely over the moon. I'll buy it at any cost.

I wouldn't mind another game from the PaRappa universe, but I'd like another spinoff type game rather than a direct sequel. UmJammer Lammy was a great follow-up because it had the same core gameplay, but it was different just enough to be fresh. PtR2 was such a let down in comparison.

Surprised no one pointed out the thread title typo yet.

Camjo-Z

I wouldn't mind another game from the PaRappa universe, but I'd like another spinoff type game rather than a direct sequel. UmJammer Lammy was a great follow-up because it had the same core gameplay, but it was different just enough to be fresh. PtR2 was such a let down in comparison.

Surprised no one pointed out the thread title typo yet.

Everyone dislikes PaRappa 2 because it didn't do anything new, but TBH I think it's the best one when looking at it from a musical perspective. PaRappa 1 has memorable lyrics but the melodies are pretty simplistic and repetitive, and Lammy's attempts at multiple genres were admirable but had varying quality. PaRappa 2 on the other hand has awesome raps throughout, with the only real misstep being Hair Scare (one "repeat the same words over and over" song per game is enough for me, thanks).

As for your other point... due to the amount of time that's passed since PaRappa 2 and now, I think that they'd probably stick with the main series rather than a spin-off, to get people re-acquainted with the franchise.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone dislikes PaRappa 2 because it didn't do anything new, but TBH I think it's the best one when looking at it from a musical perspective. PaRappa 1 has memorable lyrics but the melodies are pretty simplistic and repetitive, and Lammy's attempts at multiple genres were admirable but had varying quality. PaRappa 2 on the other hand has awesome raps throughout, with the only real misstep being Hair Scare (one "repeat the same words over and over" song per game is enough for me, thanks).

As for your other point... due to the amount of time that's passed since PaRappa 2 and now, I think that they'd probably stick with the main series rather than a spin-off, to get people re-acquainted with the franchise.
I actually think that the first three songs in PaRappa 2 are absolutely incredible, but the game falls apart after that for me musically. The game gets shit on too much, but the back half is really disappointing after how great it starts out.

Top Bottom