• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brain Age is going to be big in NA

Status
Not open for further replies.

saz

Banned
Overheard a ~19 year old guy at my local EB: "Dad is going to love this game. He's really into doing puzzles to train his brain."

He then proceeded to buy a DS (presumably for his father).

gjb-sensei

Nintendo invented the pixel...
I think it'll definitely do much better than most people anticipate it doing, especially when you consider the fact that it's only $20.

----

Banned
I was thinking about buying this game/system for my mom, but then I realized that she would never buy or play another game for the system after Brain Age and it would just end up being my system. The DS type of "games" do not appeal to me at all though.

Mrbob

Wait...or you suggesting a Nintendo title on a portable system is going to sell a bunch of units?

Nice job stepping out on the ledge there.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
---- said:
I was thinking about buying this game/system for my mom, but then I realized that she would never buy or play another game for the system after Brain Age and it would just end up being my system. The DS type of "games" do not appeal to me at all though.
Brain Age 2!

saz

Banned
cvxfreak said:
Advertising will be during Oprah's block. But if NOA can get Oprah to actually try the thing herself...

Her audience certainly needs a bunch of brain training.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
cvxfreak said:
Advertising will be during Oprah's block. But if NOA can get Oprah to actually try the thing herself...
I checked the topics that are coming up on Oprah this week. There is a TBA on Friday's show. Maybe Brain Age will be on there.

Oh God... I hope so! I don't know what I would do if a company whose products I've liked for a while didn't make the hugest amount of money possible from every product. I'm going to buy this for everyone I know, because not only do I know what my friends would like (or SHOULD like) better than they do, I am also partly responsible for Nintendo's continued success! Personally!

I think I'm actually going to buy it

rastex

Banned
Of course Brain Age is going to do very well here. Just look at how popular Sudoku has become, practically overnight. BA + DS Lite = huge numbers is my prediction. Honestly, the fact that people were able to look past the abomination that is the original DS design and STILL buy it, shows that when the hardware itself doesn't cause one to puke it should get a big bump in demand.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Trurl said:
Oprahton confirmed!
Seriously, if Nintendo cannot convince Oprah to pimp Brain Age, they fail at marketing. It would be so easy for the Oprah audience to eat it up. Just have Oprah state that videogames can be good for you and that Brain Age proves that not all videogames are bad and so on.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
But seriously, at the budget price, I think it will do well, but not as well as it did in Japan (obviously)

Mofo

I finally got my hands on the game yesterday, and after passing it around to about 40 different people today, I'm really excited about the prospect of this title. Every single parent/adult either said "finally a game for me" or "I thought these were just for kids, how much are these?"

I know its a smidge anecdotal, but seriously... I haven't seen this kind of response since - dare I say it - Nintendogs, but this time it's the parent that wants it... which is super encouraging.

Draft

Mofo said:
I finally got my hands on the game yesterday, and after passing it around to about 40 different people today, I'm really excited about the prospect of this title. Every single parent/adult either said "finally a game for me" or "I thought these were just for kids, how much are these?"
Hahaha, viral market much?

Mofo

Cheebs said:
Nintendo fans viral market out of loyality. It happened with Nintendogs as well.

Pretty much :lol - but honestly, we were at a Easter Egg hunt for the kids. All of us adults sat on the benches while about 300 kids went crazy searching for plastic eggs.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Archie said:
I checked the topics that are coming up on Oprah this week. There is a TBA on Friday's show. Maybe Brain Age will be on there.
There was an episode that I caught a part of within the past couple of weeks (I think it was a rerun) that Brain Age would've fit perfectly into.

ant1532

Banned
Mofo said:
Pretty much :lol - but honestly, we were at a Easter Egg hunt for the kids. All of us adults sat on the benches while about 300 kids went crazy searching for plastic eggs.
i love easter egg hunts!

Draft

the key to the plastic ones is that aside from candy, they may also contain a toy of some sort. there is an element of surprise.

Mofo

Fëanor said:
People hunt for plastic eggs!?:lol

Come on, do people still hunt for hard boiled eggs? The kids love the plastic ones! Oh, wait - this was a Brain Age thread!

Mofo

Draft said:
the key to the plastic ones is that aside from candy, they may also contain a toy of some sort. there is an element of surprise.

And now that one of mine is getting older - cash. There's always one egg that has a $10 stashed in it.

Tiktaalik

Brain training is the sort of thing that should be featured in the Arts and Entertainment sections of newspapers everywhere. If Nintendo can get articles in papers about their brain training game from the reference of some "cool new thing" and not just another videogame then they could do really well.

Morbo

Yoboman said:
I would like a more powerful brain, then I'd show you all.
If you mean that literally, the power of my brain tells me you should keep yours encased in it's skull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom