• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mevius Final Fantasy teaser website open (in both Japanese and English)

Goli

Key visual:
ze89Nq3.jpg

Logo:
main_en.png

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/MEVIUSFF/en/index.html

Story:
"You wake up in a strange world, having lost all your memories.
Not knowing where you came from or where to go, you walk.
A mysterious voice calls out to you:
This is the land without hope, Palamitia.
Looking downward, the light of hope shines not."
Note that the English website does not mention it being planned for 2015 unlike the Japanese one.

HeelPower

Wished there would be other platforms listed but alas.

Really hope this comes to all sorts of platforms.The same way indie and smaller scale games do.

Love Kitase.

Stark

Banned
Awesome. I really hope the English release is 2015, too.

Quite hyped for this now. :) Hope to learn of more staff. Looks like Kitase in general is leading the project, too, which is exciting.

This is probably the big (original) FF release for 2015 in Japan, with XV planned for 2016.

Yeah. I can see that being the case. I don't mind, personally!

pixlexic

Banned
I hope they do it right and give it gamepad support and a tv ratio for HDMI out.

Come on square be the first to do it right.

That's a weird title. Looking at the infinity sign title art, did they spell moebius wrongly, perhaps? Or is "mevius" actually another term for it?

Goli

"Born of a line unending" seems to refer to the fact that Final Fantasy is endless, if the Japanese site is anything to go by: "FF's true blood/pedigree."

Also, the message from the Japanese website is slightly different, it says somehting like: The age of HD quality RPGs on the palm of our hands is almost here. Creators involved in the FF series are working 100% "seriously" to deliver that. Now, it begins.

Exentryk

Story info if someone wants to translate:

●ストーリー

見知らぬ世界で目覚めた君はすべての記憶を失っている。
 どこから来て、どこへ行くのかわからないまま歩き出す。
 君を導く“謎の声”が告げる――
 ここは希望いずる国、パラミティア。
 うつむいて歩く者を希望の光は照らさない。

Stark

Banned
Are those ingame graphics?

Most likely. It's definitely not pre-rendered and that's probably what Famitsu was talking about.

"Born of a line unending" seems to refer to the fact that Final Fantasy is endless, if the Japanese site is anything to go by: "FF's true blood/pedigree."

Also, the message from the Japanese website is slightly different, it says somehting like: The age of HD quality RPGs on the palm of our hands is almost here. Creators involved in the FF series are working 100% "seriously" to deliver that. Now, it begins.

Sounds like the staff will consist of talent from the older FF's.

Also, this seems to indicate to me it's a full priced title.

Zukuu

Banned
What has the gaming industry become. 10 years ago I'd have laughed if somebody told me Famitsu would run a cover story about some mobile game... by square nonetheless. :X

Vire

Hilarious google translation:

You woke up in a strange world has lost all memory. Where to come and start walking while not know where to do go. Lead Kimi "mystery voice" tells -

Here is hope Izuru countries, Paramitia. Light of hope to those who walk head down is not illuminated.

Sounds like Lost Odyssey to be honest.

What has the gaming industry become. 10 years ago I'd have laughed if somebody told me Famitsu would run a cover story about some mobile game... by square nonetheless. :X

What exactly looks bad about this? The visuals on a technical level seem great and it has some senior staff Final Fantasy veterans on board. I'm kinda excited actually.

Falk

that puzzling face
You know, I've been thinking.

II US = FF4j
III US = FF6j

VI US should = FF12j

YES MEVIUS CONFIRMED FOR SECRETLY FFXII IZJS PORT (for US)

I know this is a recycled joke

Goli

4gamer also has an introduction, which I believe was also in Famitsu:
"You wake up in a strange world, having lost all your memories.
Not knowing where you came from or where to go, you walk.
A mysterious voice calls out to you:
This is the land without hope, Palamitia.
Looking downward, the light of hope shines not."
Or something like that.

Falk

that puzzling face
The design really feels like Amano art faithfully reproduced in 3D

Whether that's a good thing or bad thing, up to you.

●ストーリー

見知らぬ世界で目覚めた君はすべての記憶を失っている。
 どこから来て、どこへ行くのかわからないまま歩き出す。
 君を導く“謎の声”が告げる――
 ここは希望いずる国、パラミティア。
 うつむいて歩く者を希望の光は照らさない。

This is my attempt. The "kibou izuru kuni" bit stumped me because I don't currently know what "izuru" means, so the "hopeless country" part is my best guess

EDIT: the "kibou izuru kuni" part has been clarified by extralite, and has been changed below:

You awaken in an unknown world having lost all your memories.
Where you came from, where you're going; without knowing these things, you walk.
Guiding you is a mysterious voice who says ――
This is the land from which hope originates, Paramitia.
The light of hope will not shine on you, who walk with downcast eyes.

Goli

Finally, according to the JP PR, the theme for the game is "what would happen if the FF development team made a smartphone RPG with all they've got?"

ctothej

Is Palamitia the Final Fantasy I world? In the initial announcement it sounded like this was a re-imagining of the first FF.

Also, if those are in game graphics... Holy shit.

Top Bottom