• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFF Curtain Call: new DLC announced, including Secret of Mana + Chrono Trigger songs

L~A

Edit: Squeenix just uploaded the trailer: YouTube

Looks like Square-Enix announced a new batch of DLC for Theatrhythm Final Fantasy - Curtain Call, called "2nd performance". As usual, each song is 150 Yen each, and there's 2 free songs (from FFXIV), but they'll only remain free from Dec. 24 to January 6.

New DLC tracks are:

t_ffcc_03_cs1w1_681x4nkp6i.jpg

Some additional pics:

Source

And we still don't have the Bravely Default ones.

Them continuing to support the game is great, especially with more non-Final Fantasy games, but I really wish they'd bring this over.

If this is the start of wave 2, then I guess we can be expecting more in future too then.

L~A

And we still don't have the Bravely Default ones.

Them continuing to support the game is great, especially with more non-Final Fantasy games, but I really wish they'd bring this over.

If this is wave 2, then I guess we can be expecting more in future too then.

Yeah, and it doesn't make any sense, since Bravely Default not only came out in the West, but it was also quite popular... and it's not like they have to pay anything to release those in the West.

And yeah, the way it was worded, there's more DLC to come... maybe?

L~A

Chrono? How nice. No more character DLC?

They stopped doing DLC character even before they stopped doing regular tracks DLC, so I doubt there's more coming.

No new character for the BD songs, so I doubt this batch will get any.

Yes, I doubt. Do you?

They stopped doing DLC character even before they stopped doing regular tracks DLC, so I doubt there's more coming.

Yes, I doubt. Do you?

Maybe they ones they've released haven't sold as much as they would of liked.

chrono01

I would pay full price for a Theatrhythm: Chrono Trigger. This DLC shall suffice.

However, the idea of a full-fledged game with the entire soundtrack... O_O

Zhao_Yun

I would pay full price for a Theatrhythm: Chrono Trigger. This DLC shall suffice.

However, the idea of a full-fledged game with the entire soundtrack... O_O

Why not include Chrono Cross as well?
Cross had the better soundtrack anyway

Son Of D

What are the FFXIV songs?

Also, interesting that minor franchises are getting DLC. Still waiting on the BD songs in EU though...

Dr. Buni

Why not include Chrono Cross as well?
Cross had the better soundtrack anyway
Overall it did, but Corridors of Time is the best song in the whole series, at least to me.

I'd love Theatrhythm Chrono (and Theatrhythm Bravely) to be a thing in the future. Theatrhythm Kingdom Hearts would be rad as well.

Awesome, Chrono Trigger! :D

What was dlc releases like in Japan? Maybe we don't have the BD dlc yet because they are trying to spread out dlc releases similar to Japan's release schedule, but I don't remember the rate at which Japan's first dlc released, so it's just a theory.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Awesome, Chrono Trigger! :D

What was dlc releases like in Japan? Maybe we don't have the BD dlc yet because they are trying to spread out dlc releases similar to Japan's release schedule, but I don't remember the rate at which Japan's first dlc released, so it's just a theory.

Maybe they have to localize everything first, then release it!

lol

Maybe they have to localize everything first, then release it!

lol
The DLC have have like 10 word descriptions :)

So each DLC only has 1 song each?
You also have to buy them one at a time, in game. It is more exhausting as you have to agree to the terms then agree again and then watch the download complete. I don't see why they couldn't have offered packs for each release for less clicking.

suzu

Ultima [BMS] – Final Fantasy XIV
Hard to Miss [BMS] – Final Fantasy XIV
Zero [BMS] – Final Fantasy Type-0
Opening Titles [FMS] – Romancing SaGa 2
Passionate Rhythm [FMS] – Romancing SaGa –Minstrel Song-
Battle #4 [BMS] – SaGa Frontier
Meridian Dance [BMS] – Secret of Mana
Chrono Trigger [BMS] – Chrono Trigger

Aw man, I hope they bring this DLC to NA/EU. Along with Krile and the BD songs too... D:

jholmes

I will forgive a lot more of Square's crap than I should if they just let me play Chrono Trigger music in Theatrhythm.

Playing the demo for this dramatically increased my want for 3DS remakes or ports of all of the PS1 Final Fantasy games, and the masterpiece that is FF6.

i know it'll never happen

ss-hikaru

Yes, I doubt. Do you?

Oh I didn't realise they hadn't been doing DLC characters for a while, no wonder there is only 1 page of character DLC. There goes my dreams of a BD team :(

Top Bottom