• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Shibata's Christmas greeting 2014 - Mentions New 3DS

Oregano

Didn't see a thread for this but here's Satoru's Shibata Christmas greetings for this year:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2014/December/Christmas-greetings-from-Satoru-Shibata--947067.html

and the most relevant bit(to me):

Next year, we will launch New Nintendo 3DS, which we know we have kept you waiting for. We will also release unique Nintendo games on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. I hope that some of those games will grab your heart and make you excited.

Hopefully they get the N3DS as early in the year as possible. A Direct in early January could means as early as the end of February right?

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Just tell me when MH4U is coming. I've heard on the grapevine that review copies are already circulating. It must be close.
With a limited edition N3DS please.

This game will utterly destroy my life. I'm going to kiss my gf goodbye and dive in this game head first.

Oregano

With a limited edition N3DS please.

This game will utterly destroy my life. I'm going to kiss my gf goodbye and dive in this game head first.

Yeah I imagine Monster Hunter is being positioned around the launch of the N3DS like it was in Japan.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
no interest so far on the New3DS (honestly, I'd like to have it, but I'm not planning to buy it), so probably the January Direct will be meaningless to me ;(

tsumineko

The New 3DS is fantastic, so solidly built and the 3D is flawless. Hope you guys get it soon. It's the best portable console Nintendo have made since the DS lite.

Gambit

no interest so far on the New3DS (honestly, I'd like to have it, but I'm not planning to buy it), so probably the January Direct will be meaningless to me ;(

Normally I'd be in the same situation, but my 3DS is getting on a bit. I feel the hinges aren't as sturdy anymore as they used to be. So I might as well trade up.

(Despite my NY's resolution that I want to get rid of much of the clutter in my house and therefore sell huge parts of my collection.)

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I gave my 3DS XL to my daughter, I'm sure they will launch the new one with Majora's mask and I'll cave in.

I see Shibata mentionned the top 3 GOTY being on Wii U from Gamekult, smart.

liger05

The New 3DS is fantastic, so solidly built and the 3D is flawless. Hope you guys get it soon. It's the best portable console Nintendo have made since the DS lite.

co-sign on being well built. Mine feel out of my inside jacket pocket from a fairly high height onto solid brick floor and there isn't a scratch on it. I honestly feared the worst and thought it was done for.

Normally I'd be in the same situation, but my 3DS is getting on a bit. I feel the hinges aren't as sturdy anymore as they used to be. So I might as well trade up.

That's sort of my situation except instead my fiances daughter got sand on the bottom screen and scratched it. Been meaning to get a replacement but waited and almost bought but then the New 3DS was announced n been waiting on that since.

I agree. Went from an XL to a n3DS and I'm loving it. Perfect size, more comfortable to hold, lighter, good balance between screen size and pixel density...
Great handheld.

Rich!

thanks shibata but I already got a european region New XL in my grubby british hands a month ago now:

iBtmcqurBhFmb.JPG

thanks australia

thanks shibata but I already got a european region New XL a month ago now

iBtmcqurBhFmb.JPG

thanks australia

So sexy. Love the placement of the power button and volume control.
I think I'll sit the XL model out on this one, though.
Shiny, candylike buttons and faceplates dug their hooks into me.

Rich!

So New Nintendo 3DS is the name worldwide, I guess.

of course it is. This is the back of my european region New XL:

jDxUhE9gjy00H.JPG

(if you can't read it, its stating its rated and classified by the german authorities. the european N3DS has been on the market for over a month now)

Already got my N3DSXL, have had it for over a month!

Something that actually utilizes its abilities would be nice though Nintendo.

At the moment all it does is run Smash really good.

Rich!

damn, I just realised that due to the much better web browser in the N3DS (it's basically the same as the Wii U one now), I can watch the next Nintendo Direct on it. Which I will likely do.

so...I'm gonna be watching the announcement of the western release of the New Nintendo 3DS on my EU New Nintendo 3DS. funny.

All I want is the release date for majora's mask anyhow, of course.

Already got my N3DSXL, have had it for over a month!

Something that actually utilizes its abilities would be nice though Nintendo.

At the moment all it does is run Smash really good.

How do people play smash on 3ds

You guys have such wonderful tolerance!

Make my hands hurt.....

I need a New 3DS in me months ago. I've already been putting far too much wear on my ALBW XL and as soon as Nintendo get's around to releasing the New 3DS in the U.S my XL is getting shelved for collecting purposes and I'll be buying one.

damn, I just realised that due to the much better web browser in the N3DS (it's basically the same as the Wii U one now), I can watch the next Nintendo Direct on it. Which I will likely do.

so...I'm gonna be watching the announcement of the western release of the New Nintendo 3DS on my EU New Nintendo 3DS. funny.

All I want is the release date for majora's mask anyhow, of course.

Going to guess April or May for Majora's Mask 3D.

NewGame

Banned
Just tell me when MH4U is coming. I've heard on the grapevine that review copies are already circulating. It must be close.

Full English demo has been distributed and played since before e3 2014. It's still TBA Jan-March 2015 and I have a feeling it's delayed for a big launch event. Possibly with amiibos. :(((

Rich!

Yeah. From everything we have seen, Majora's Mask 3D looks pretty much complete. They've been sitting on it for a while, most definitely to

1. have it fill a blank spot in the 3DS schedule early 2015

2. be a N3DS launch title in the west, as it has exclusive features (of which we don't know yet, aonuma has just confirmed there will be)

MegaMelon

Anyone gone from a 3saXL to the normal sizes n3ds? I don't want to get the XL version but I fear going from big screen to smaller will be unbearable.

Top Bottom