• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Square Enix ever put CRISIS CORE™ - FINAL FANTASY® VII on the PSN Store?

Dawg

I know not everyone likes this game, but I would really fancy a replay and it probably plays great on the Vita. Unfortunately, it is not available as a PSP title on the store.

I'm going to guess it's because of licensing and square just being... square... but I'd still love to see this one appear digitally one day. Unless they're secretly working on a HD port of this title... which I somehow doubt.

NateDrake

Remaster on PS4 for $60.

That angers me.

j4Wr0F6.gif

Square enix hate money, we don't have Crisis core, Star Ocean 1 + 2 or Birth By sleep on PSN for some reason at launch they didn't go digital and the longer its left the less likely they are to be ever released on PSN (birth by sleep is on the 2.5 KH redux isn't it?)

Square enix hate money, we don't have Crisis core, Star Ocean 1 + 2 or Birth By sleep on PSN for some reason at launch they didn't go digital and the longer its left the less likely they are to be ever released on PSN (birth by sleep is on the 2.5 KH redux isn't it?)

The 2.5 Redux isn't even on PSN lol

I hoped for years... gave in and got a psp a few months ago... square. I've heard it's because of some song during the credits and some license dispute over it

koutoru

Strange that this hasn't made its way to psn yet, considering how Square Enix usually love to port final fantasy games to digital platforms these days.

From what I understand, the issue with bringing Kingdom Hearts games to digital platforms lies with Disney not Square Enix

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
i like to think it's not available because my bloody valentine didn't like being associated with such terrible writing

5taquitos

I just went looking for Star Ocean 2 on PSN today cause I have a little extra PSN money to burn and I was flabbergasted that there's not a single Star Ocean title available. I don't know what they're thinking.

It's never gonna happen. I'm sure it's a licensing issue with the ending theme song since it was also ripped out when the soundtrack was posted to iTunes.

wanders

I always wondered if the praise that people gave this game was legitimate or people were just excited because it was Final Fantasy VII.

The combat didn't seem all that deep. You would cycle through attacks and occasionally dodge?

I did like it at the time.

Ratrat

I always wondered if the praise that people gave this game was legitimate or people were just excited because it was Final Fantasy VII.

The combat didn't seem all that deep. You would cycle through attacks and occasionally dodge?

That explains Dirge of Cerebrus' reception!

People liked the story and characters and the quality was incredible for a handheld at the time.

Turin

Banned
I'd give it a try if I had a Vita. I doubt they'd release it for PS4 download.

The whole thing with Genesis seemed pretty lame though.

It wasn't the deepest game in the world, but I still really enjoyed it. I do like being back in the FF7 universe, so that was definitely a positive for me. If I remember correctly it was had quite a few missions that made it accessible as a pick-up-and-play portable game.

One of the benefits of the Nvidia Shield I bought with my giftcards from this Christmas is that it emulates the game really well. My PSP is falling apart (literally has screws missing), the screen is is a ghosting mess, and the disc tray when I play Crisis Core is so loud that I can barely hear the game at the volume I like. If it was on PSN and Vita compatible I would definitely buy another copy since having on Vita would be ideal, but the Shield (or a good phone with a controller dock) is the best alternative at the moment it seems.

The Lamp

I just went looking for Star Ocean 2 on PSN today cause I have a little extra PSN money to burn and I was flabbergasted that there's not a single Star Ocean title available. I don't know what they're thinking.

The company rivals Nintendo in lacking common sense when it comes to easy decisions.

SRTtoZ

Nope and I'm still pissed I bought a PSP Go and couldn't play one of the best games on the platform.

AwShucks

It's never gonna happen. I'm sure it's a licensing issue with the ending theme song since it was also ripped out when the soundtrack was posted to iTunes.

Them why not just rip that song out of the game? Song licensing needs to become much broader for the future if these psn issues are anything to go by.

The 2.5 Redux isn't even on PSN lol

Strange that this hasn't made its way to psn yet, considering how Square Enix usually love to port final fantasy games to digital platforms these days.

From what I understand, the issue with bringing Kingdom Hearts games to digital platforms lies with Disney not Square Enix

SO Disney are just asshats with that one? madness

Its crazy i want them on my vita but can't so have to keep my PSP

Kain

It would be a great prologue of sorts for an eventual remake. Like something you unlock when you get to Nibelheim or even when you finish the game.

What I like about CC is Zack, he is such a likeable and fun dude, and his VA is fucking ace. Buuuuuuuut Genesis is the worst thing I have ever seen or heard in my life so I don't know if I would want to experience that trauma again. Such a contradiction of a game...

I'm pretty sure the reason why the KH games aren't on PSN is because of license issues with Disney. As for Crisis Core and Star Ocean 1 and 2 I have idea. Those games need to be on PSN.

stryke

At least publicly Nomura has denied the fault lying to Disney but then he goes on to say it's not SE or Utada's fault either. Makes one wonder what the hell the problem is.

Top Bottom