• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stylish PS4 HDD Expansion Add-on from NYKO! (Supports 3.5" drives)

NYKO's "Data Bank"

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

NykoDataBank-610.jpg

In the July 2014 issue, we shared with you detailed instructions on how to replace the hard drive in your PlayStation 4. For many console owners, the 500 GB available simply won’t cut it anymore.

The PlayStation 4 requires a 2.5-inch hard drive, but Nyko has announced a device that will support larger (and typically less expensive) 3.5-inch drives. The Data Bank replaces the top cover on the left side of the console with a bay for larger storage options.

This will likely shave $30 to $40 off the price of a replacement drive depending on what size you choose. Unfortunately, no price has been announced for the Data Bank, which means we don’t know exactly how much your net savings will likely be.

The peripheral is scheduled for release in the first half of 2015.

Interesting...no?

Krakn3Dfx

According to the original thread on this, it's an eyesore that will blind small children and kill beloved pets that are in the same room with it.

Wulfram

Anyone else think this was talking about floppy disks?

I was a bit confused as to why this would be desired.

Anyone else think this was talking about floppy disks?

I was a bit confused as to why this would be desired.

Desktop Drives are cheaper than Notepbook Drives?

And I miss floppy drives. I loved shaking those "disks" back and forth - a good backup fan on hot days.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
More stylish than that one mod that adds a dangling Sata cable out of the ps4 just so you can use a big bulky enclosed hdd.

Why would you get this unsightly beast instead of simply upgrading your hard drive? I get 3.5" drives are cheaper, but this + a 3.5" drive is probably the same price as a 2.5" drive. Makes no sense.

Top Bottom