• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date nearing announcement

On Demand

Banned
March 2016.

I'm currently watching a Peace Walker walkthrough and now i'm really looking forward to TPP. I didn't care for it before for some reason. The anticipation wasn't there like past games. But PW is so good i really want to know how it continues from there.

The trailers make more sense now to. Still have to play GZ.

Yup the game is certainly one of the better looking "crossgen" games.

The game certainly does look next-gen to me. Almost photo-realistic.

If they dropped the Xbox version from development, they could focus on straight Blu-Ray storage ability and content due to the PS3, PS4 and Xbone all supporting the Blu-Ray format.

Anyone think they may just axe the Xbox version? It's happened before.

Ryan_MSF

Hai!

jOmSl1t.png

Hai.

3951623-idjndi91iywzg.gif

Hai

Cant wait. I actually hope there will be some kind of limited edition for this. I liked the diamond dog jacket one that got released in Japan, but I doubt something like this would get released over here in the UK.

Nzyme32

If we don't get a PC simultaneous release at least hope it has all the Nvidia bells and whistles.

I think I am in the camp of not expecting a same day PC release. That totally doesn't matter to me though, as long as it is as well put together as GZ was. Also yeah, the hope of nVidia additions would be really great

I can see the marketing with the "V/V/201V" release date on TV commercials and on in-store posters.

It's happening guys and gals - it's finally happening. The release date will be announced soon!

gddy.gif

xwoa.gif

Arttemis

Didn't Konami's financial papers say it would release within 2014's fiscal year? I thought that meant it was going to release within March 2015.

Nvzman

March 2016.

I'm currently watching a Peace Walker walkthrough and now i'm really looking forward to TPP. I didn't care for it before for some reason. The anticipation wasn't there like past games. But PW is so good i really want to know how it continues from there.

It's going to be 2015.
I was corrected on this in the community thread.

Dawg

March 2016.

It won't be 2016. 2015 for sure.

Every time Kojima announces a release date, the game releases a few months later. If the announcement is really soon, it won't be another year.

Slowdive

Banned
March 2016.

A 2015 release is confirmed.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I'm betting on a July or October 2015 release. It's going to take at least 6 months for them to address any bugs. Then you need some time for the marketing blitz.

would be great if it came out way before then though.

Is this still coming to 360/PS3? I mightn't be getting a PS4 for a good while but might get this beforehand even it it doesn't as great as the current gen versions.

Still coming to those systems

The big differences it is going to be sub or Native 720p and sub 30fps on old systems. PS4 is confirmed 1080P 60FPS and PC goes above that.

If you have a PC it would be better to get the game on that if you can't get a PS4

Wonder if there will be a console bundle like they did with MGS4.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a PS4 bundle

kewlmyc

I love teasers of announcements!

But in all seriousness, yay for learning the release date soon. I need to know when I'll need to play through 2-4 since all I've played is MGS1.

Top Bottom