• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse has been possessed by Ghost Nappa

For people that don't understand, a DBZ Abridged (which is great and you should watch it) voice actor is using his Nappa voice for the Xenoverse create-a-character.

He basically says nonsense and mispronounces all the move names and it is hilarious.

Nordicus

Assuming that this is actually in game and not just a really nice thing Takahata101 did for SergioM3 (that'd just crush me), this is something that I always wished would happen with well-done fan parody projects.

Shit, it could be great for everyone involved if Dimps decided to make TFS voicepack DLC for the game. I'd buy that

Corpekata

Banned
I thought most of the weird dialogue was maybe just him but nope most of the actors seem to be saying the stuff like "Turn into candy!"

When my friend told me about this I lost my shit and then listened to all the sound clips. This is pretty awesome, I love how he changes almost all the move names and there are plenty of Abridged references in there.
I thought most of the weird dialogue was maybe just him but nope most of the actors seem to be saying the stuff like "Turn into candy!"
These are the lines they say for the different attacks you can get from DBZ characters, "Turn into candy" is what they say when you use Buu's candy beam.

Alienous

They are all voices you can give to created characters, and those characters can learn pretty much any move from the characters in the series, so they have dialogue for all of those.

Corpekata

Banned
They are all voices you can give to created characters, and those characters can learn pretty much any move from the characters in the series, so they have dialogue for all of those.

There's a Turn into Candy move in the series?

Edit: It would appear so.

Alienous

There's a Turn into Candy move in the series?

3805462-9400754940-04618.gif

what is TFS, and what is DBZ abridged?

TFS stands for Team Four Star, the team that made DBZ abdridged, which is a popular fan-dubbing and comical abridging of the Dragon Ball Z series.

TeamFourStar, they make Dragon Ball Z Abridged, which is a super popular parody of Dragon Ball Z. I'd highly recommend it, but if you are going to watch from the beginning I will warn you that the first 2 or 3 episodes are a little rough, it gets good when Vegeta and Nappa show up and by the time they get the fight between Goku and Vebeta it becomes incredible. They also do the movies and TV specials, currently they are about to release the History of Trunks special and when they get back to the show proper next month(they do about one episode a month) we will be at the point that 17 gets absorbed by Cell. You can watch it here or here.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

CAT LOVES FOOOOOOD

People have already explained it above, there's also a thread in OT Community on the Abridged series that's been up since 2009 and has a few thousand posts:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=355235

DBZA starts off a bit rough as they were still figuring things out, but it quickly becomes awesome. Especially towards the end of the first season arc and beyond, they're currently in the Cell saga now. How they managed to keep the quality bar up ever since has been impressive.

Space Australia....Hoooooly shit. I wasn't looking at this game much at all, but I'm buying it now. Unconditionally, I'm going to get it, that's just fucking amazing, omg.

Tsunamo

Massive props to Bandai Namco for actually doing this. I've always thought how awesome it'd be to have tfs Nappa as a voiceover option in a DBZ game but didn't actually think it'd actually happen.

Justifies my purchase even more.

Nightbird

Does anyone else here feels like Abriged is actually better than the original Series?

Eitherway, this is one damn good Fanservice, and it sparked my interest in the Game.

Massive props to Bandai Namco for actually doing this. I've always thought how awesome it'd be to have tfs Nappa as a voiceover option in a DBZ game but didn't actually think it'd actually happen.

Justifies my purchase even more.

This was likely entirely Chris Sabat's doing, he's been a big supporter of Abridged and has even made a cameo appearance in it.

Top Bottom