• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Virtua Fighter 5 PS3 Screens - 56k 50/50 shot

crunker99

IM pretty sure this isnt old, then again search is disabled, looks good but u can see the jaggies for sure

gr.image.jpg

gr.image.jpg

oh boy-o!

more: http://www.gamersreports.com/media/540/recent/

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
You lost some points with that 'jaggy' comment. C'mon now. I need VF5 in my life, like yesterday. This game alone will determin whether I cop a PS3 at launch or not.

*sigh*

gr.image.jpg

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
It's coming to 360 after the PS3 exclusivity is all done

REK

Let me see! Sega has never released any HD shots of this game running on the arcade board then right after the Sony Conference BANG! HD pics galore!!! I think we are having the wool pulled over our eyes here folks. These are the Arcade shots presented as PS3 ones. I am not buying it! They look real good but I don't think the PS3 will even have a demo of this to try out on the show floor so that leaves only video which as we know Sony loves to doctor up. We will see!!!

REK

REK said:
Let me see! Sega has never released any HD shots of this game running on the arcade board then right after the Sony Conference BANG! HD pics galore!!! I think we are having the wool pulled over our eyes here folks. These are the Arcade shots presented as PS3 ones. I am not buying it! They look real good but I don't think the PS3 will even have a demo of this to try out on the show floor so that leaves only video which as we know Sony loves to doctor up. We will see!!!

REK

Umm, I think PS3 is more powerful than the Lindbergh arcade board and this is Sega AM2 we are talking about.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I really, really want to love how this game looks, but the plasticness, lack of AA and heavy reliance of lighting and bump-mapping to hide everything...

But I love the detail on the hands in that Akira pic - nice...

I wonder what it will look like on the PS3 now though... :D

Davew49

OK, is El Blaze, I think that is his name, like under 5 feet tall? I was under the impression that Wolf was only around 5' 11". There is a huge disparity in the size of the the two characters. Is that not wolf?

gr.image.jpg

Davew

jett

D-Member
VF5 truly looks excellent in those pictures. Namco should just fucking decapitate themselves.

GhaleonEB

Bear in mind the game does not ship until spring next year. And it still looks AWESOME in those shots.

This ain't no Tekken 6.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Davew49 said:
OK, is El Blaze, I think that is his name, like under 5 feet tall? I was under the impression that Wolf was only around 5' 11". There is a huge disparity in the size of the the two characters. Is that not wolf?

Davew

What the hell is going on there?

El Blaze is a midget?

SaitoH

Davew49: Wolf and Jeffry are monsters now. El Blaze is about the same height as most of the female cast.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
DaCocoBrova said:
VF5 seems to have taken a hit in IQ.
What? That's exactly what everyone was bitching about when they first saw shots on LB. WHY would it take a hit? This is not the PS2, ya know. Both LB and PS3 use nVidia hardware as well, with PS3 offering a more advanced chipset. The image quality won't be downgraded.

VF5 looks truly stunning in person, though, no doubt about it. Easily the best looking next-gen fighter thus far.

Tekken 6 is garbage. I'm starting to wonder if Namco just doesn't know anything about handling the features offered by the new hardware. They haven't shown anything impressive on either machine.

Drek

Sega, particularly AM2, took a big fat shit in Namco's cornflakes this morning by unveiling those screens.

Tekken 6 & DOA4, the ugly, retarded twins who wish they could be as cool as big brother VF5.

the problem with T6 is that the lighting is horrible and makes the characters (their skin, in particular) look like plastic action figures.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
I'm guessing Tekken is in early stages but why show something that clearly looks like shit at this point and time and will only draw criticism.

ShowDog

With a lot of polish and work Tekken could look respectable. And for anyone saying VF5 has jaggies, remember your going to be playing this at 60 fps. Your not going to be able to tell sitting 5 feet from your tv when everything is moving, those 'jaggies' are miniscule.

Tekken could end looking pretty sharp when it actually rolls out of the gate, but god damn they shouldn't have unveiled it now. The pics also just look so random to me. You have Jin and the Tekken 5 DR chick duking out and all of a sudden Hwoarang just crashes through the window on a motorcycle. :lol

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
goddamn. sega kicked namco's ass with a gf 6800. namco should be ashamed. fine with me, though, as vf is the better game. :D

and lili's panties are just a flat texture! itagaki would never permit that in one of his games! tekken am 3rd place total

VF5 is looking good and Tekken 6 seems to look a little better than it did last night. It is probably still in it's early stages, but what has Namco been doing within the last year since they showed the Jin demo at E3 2005? Oh well, both of these will be mine as soon as they become available.

Top Bottom