• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 RUMORS!! Behind Scenes

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
*Pilotwings being developed by N-Space under Nintendo

*Nintendo development group subcontracted by NCL to develop Dragon Quest for Wii launch under Square-Enix design team. (Camelot? Alpha Dream)

*Diddy Kong Racing minus Banjo and Conker. Not by RARE?

*Nintendo promising several of its experimental IPs to be shown behind closed doors. Stage Debut? Cooking Game? Symphony?

*Nintendo Stars / Nintendo Club incorporation to Virtual Console

Ecrofirt

Shikamaru Ninja said:

*Nintendo development group subcontracted by NCL to develop Dragon Quest for Wii launch under Square-Enix design team. (Camelot? Alpha Dream)

*Diddy Kong Racing minus Banjo and Conker. Not by RARE?

*Nintendo promising several of its experimental IPs to be shown behind closed doors. Stage Debut? Cooking Game? Symphony?

First, source?

Second, Pilot Wings news disappoints.

Third, Who actually thought DKR DS would be developed by RARE?

Johnas

Metroid Dread for the love of everything good and decent! Is there nothing whatsoever on this game?

N-SPACE?!!!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Disappointed about the total no show of Smash Brothers, but I knew Nintendo would save some of its load for the rest of the year-so I'll get over it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Shikamaru Ninja said:
If that happens it better happen for My Nintendo also. Give me free shit for buying so many games.

RaidenZR

WTF is up with Mother 3? This shit was a no-brainer for NOA and they screwed it up.

Thanks for nothing... NINTENDO!

Rocked

Diddy Kong Racing has Wifi apparently. It kind of just looks like a cash-in on Mario Kart's success IMO...

Rocked said:
Diddy Kong Racing has Wifi apparently. It kind of just looks like a cash-in on Mario Kart's success IMO...

I guess.

But I always thought the multiple vehicle dynamic of DKR had some serious pontential ... the river rafting races were particularily fun.

Depends on who the developer is. Would be interesting as hell if its EAD.

Deku

Banned
What's so great about PilotWings? The original was an experimental game built mainly to show off the SuperFami's graphical features.

If N-Space can show off enough of the Wii control mechanism, that's what counts. Whether the game is good or not is hard to judge as the PilotWings game don't really have a point other than flying planes. It's all in the controls more than any other game.

pxleyes

Banned
Mama Smurf said:
N-Space? :(

I asked in the other thread too, but in case you miss it...DKR? Port or sequel?

is n-space that unliked here? I hope I get a chance to judge first hand if I get an internship there this summer.

lancubap

If Dragon Quest is developed by Camelot or Alpha Dream, it is really a good news, even if I hoped that Square-Enix would develop it. Never mind.

N-Space beghind Pilotwings: before say something, it is better to wait.

fresquito

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean... Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! This cannot be!!! You´ve shattered my hopes and crushed my day. N-Space cannot be developing Pilotwings. This is not real, tell me this is not real :(

Pilotwings has been the best news for me, and now it´s the worst. How it comes? :(

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Shikamaru Ninja said:

FUCK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

my hype for wii is slowly dying as the evening goes on

i remember a 1up editor saying pilotwings handled great cam't remember who it was, so if N-space can pull it off oh well.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
I don't think there is a chance of hell of Jungle Beat Wii for a while. Way too many DK games coming out. Could the original Mario Sunshine team be doing Galaxy? I don't see where Nintendo pulled out this new Mario team.

lancubap said:
If Dragon Quest is developed by Camelot or Alpha Dream, it is really a good news, even if I hoped that Square-Enix would develop it. Never mind.

Are any Dragon Quest games done in-house anymore?

fresquito said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean... Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! This cannot be!!! You´ve shattered my hopes and crushed my day. N-Space cannot be developing Pilotwings. This is not real, tell me this is not real :(

Pilotwings has been the best news for me, and now it´s the worst. How it comes? :(

How about you wait for people to play it before you get all gloom and doom?

Who was the developer of Pilotwings 64 again? I think it was a company called Paradigm ...

Whatever happened to them?

Didn't they do Beetle Adventure Racing afterwards?

fresquito

Robobandit said:
How about you wait for people to play it before you get all gloom and doom?
Yeah, I know I should, but until then I will be all gloomy and doomy :-/

Pilotwings it´s my most anticipated game for the Wii. I must admit it looked ace, but Geist was known for having slugish controls, and I couldn´t stand a Pilotwings game with slugish controls.

Pellham

Banned
Catchpenny said:
Are any Dragon Quest games done in-house anymore?

Well technically, Dragon Quest has never been done in-house, but companies like Armor Project are basically part of S-E.

In either case, it makes sense that a subcompany is making the DQ game but it seems odd that it's not a company under S-E. I was under the impression this game was a reverse engineering of that tv sword thing that john ricciardi posted a while back.

carlos

Deku said:
What's so great about PilotWings? The original was an experimental game built mainly to show off the SuperFami's graphical features.

If N-Space can show off enough of the Wii control mechanism, that's what counts. Whether the game is good or not is hard to judge as the PilotWings game don't really have a point other than flying planes. It's all in the controls more than any other game.

Whats so great? its just plain fun to play, nuff said;

and my I remind everyone that its more than just flying planes, theres also the handgliding and rocketbelt among other things;

In fact, I could see the rocketbelt being done using 2 wiimotes and working great; anyone else agree with me on this?

SuomiDude

Diddy Kong Racing video on Nintendo.co.jp looks exactly like the N64 version. Same courses and stuff. Very disappointing if it's JUST a port.

fresquito

carlos said:
Whats so great? its just plain fun to play, nuff said;

and my I remind everyone that its more than just flying planes, theres also the handgliding and rocketbelt among other things;

In fact, I could see the rocketbelt being done using 2 wiimotes and working great; anyone else agree with me on this?
I hated the Rocketbelt. I hope they´ve got rid of it.

SuomiDude said:
Diddy Kong Racing video on Nintendo.co.jp looks exactly like the N64 version. Same courses and stuff. Very disappointing if it's JUST a port.

Yeah seems so, definitely disapointing if true.

Johnas

I absolutely promise this is the last time I'll ask: Has anybody heard any scrap of info about Metroid Dread? I won't ask anymore. Thanks in advance.

SpiffyG

Dracos said:
Well the brief clip of Pilotwings looked pretty good IMO. Very clean and smooth.
Was that Pilotwings? That's what I thought... but I didn't see it being talked about anywhere so I just thought it was some third party flight simulator game. Yeah, it did look pretty decent.

FoneBone

DieNgamers said:
Will Super Smash Brothers Wii be playable at E3?
Since it's not even in the press kit... no chance whatsoever. And virtually no chance that it'll even show up on video.

Memles

Kabuki Waq said:
they said it would be a launch title.

They say a lot of things...your point? Plans have clearly changed...it looks like Zelda AT launch, Mario as a contender for shortly after launch, and Metroid/SSB for 2007 as flagship titles.

Hero

Interesting if these rumors are true.

I wonder how well this DQ game will wind up selling in Japan.

And I don't mind Smash Bros. being 2007 if it's online and there's more characters. It's one of those games where I can wait patiently for it.

Pellham

Banned
Hero said:
Interesting if these rumors are true.

I wonder how well this DQ game will wind up selling in Japan.

And I don't mind Smash Bros. being 2007 if it's online and there's more characters. It's one of those games where I can wait patiently for it.

It's not a traditional DQ game, so I doubt it will sell more than 100k copies. Unless its price tag is really cheap. Though it really depends on how well the Wii does.

Shikamaru Ninja said:
You know what, odds are we won't play Super Smash Bros. until next E3. Let's keep it real here.
That's too real, bro. Too real... :*(

<prays for Spaceworld>
<summons meteor>
<wallows in despair>

RaidenZR said:
WTF is up with Mother 3? This shit was a no-brainer for NOA and they screwed it up.

Thanks for nothing... NINTENDO!
Wait, what's going on with Mother 3? Have they given a status update on Western release?

Top Bottom