• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V - Charlie Nash trailer; beta for all pre-orders in NA

Ikon

I would like to lobby a little bit against my two most recent mains: Akuma and E. Honda.

Honda in particular has no real place in the series anymore and if they have to have a sumo wrestler they should do something interesting with it and give him (or her? Hm?) some actual character. What's even in it for Honda anymore?

Akuma I just feel has run his course. He's tried and failed to turn Ryu so many times by now that he's starting to seem like a cartoon villain more than anything. Give him a rest at least.

I'd include Bison but he's already confirmed it seems.

Yes I care about the storyline of SF. It's not great (SF4 sucked in this regard) but I've grown up with it and there are some cool things they could do with it.

Dubz

If Blanka is not in I think I will main Chun. That being said o have full faith in Ono to include Blanka in the main cast.

I would like to lobby a little bit against my two most recent mains: Akuma and E. Honda.

Honda in particular has no real place in the series anymore and if they have to have a sumo wrestler they should do something interesting with it and give him (or her? Hm?) some actual character. What's even in it for Honda anymore?

Akuma I just feel has run his course. He's tried and failed to turn Ryu so many times by now that he's starting to seem like a cartoon villain more than anything. Give him a rest at least.

I'd include Bison but he's already confirmed it seems.

Yes I care about the storyline of SF. It's not great (SF4 sucked in this regard) but I've grown up with it and there are some cool things they could do with it.

I didn't mind Akuma in SF3, he mostly gave up on Ryu and was just focused on bettering himself (destroying mountains with his fists and shit). I hate when they make Akuma all cartoon super villainy, considering he isn't really evil/nor is he villain (he's just some dude that takes fighting extremely seriously, he won't murder anyone that doesn't agree to it first).

0ky0jkO.jpg

SkylineRKR

I think both Blanka and Guile are a lock. Charlie has been made different and its his resurrection, which is why I think Guile is a cert. Blanka will probably always be present as long as Ono is involved.

Abel and Viper are a cert too I think, they were posterchilds of SFIV. Now that didn't mean much for Alex, but SF3 was a flop. As for Alex, I hope hes in this time.

Tizoc

I didn't mind Akuma in SF3, he mostly gave up on Ryu and was just focused on bettering himself (destroying mountains with his fists and shit). I hate when they make Akuma all cartoon super villainy, considering he isn't really evil/nor is he villain (he's just some dude that takes fighting extremely seriously, he won't murder anyone that doesn't agree to it first).

0ky0jkO.jpg

Yup for a time I kept believing that and wish they'd go back to it...but they needed another Capcom villain for UMvC3 :p

I think both Blanka and Guile are a lock. Charlie has been made different and its his resurrection, which is why I think Guile is a cert. Blanka will probably always be present as long as Ono is involved.

Abel and Viper are a cert too I think, they were posterchilds of SFIV. Now that didn't mean much for Alex, but SF3 was a flop. As for Alex, I hope hes in this time.
Blanka wasn't in the initial SFxT roster

mbpm1

Any SF3 character with their full animations would

Imagine Elena dancing or Hugo twitching.

Fuck, Makoto with advanced cloth physics

I'm okay with never seeing Hugo twitch again after Ultra, but Elena in this engine could finally be given justice perhaps

orioto

Good Art™
Any SF3 character with their full animations would

Imagine Elena dancing or Hugo twitching.

Fuck, Makoto with advanced cloth physics

Except SFV animation is not even touching SFIII for now.. Nothing seems to be morphed or flexible, they are like animated skeletons basically.

Swarna

Ken has appeared in every single Street Fighter game but wasn't present in MvC3. Would not be surprised if he wasn't in the initial 16.

I say this because of how Ono stated they're looking to have different characters this time around. Having Ryu, Ken, and Akuma in the initial 16 seems like a bit much that I think either Akuma or Ken won't make it in (at least initially).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Ken has appeared in every single Street Fighter game but wasn't present in MvC3. Would not be surprised if he wasn't in the initial 16.

I say this because of how Ono stated they're looking to have different characters this time around. Having Ryu, Ken, and Akuma in the initial 16 seems like a bit much that I think either Akuma or Ken won't make it in (at least initially).

Source on Ono's quote, please?

Ken is going to be in the game. SF without him is unimagineable.

0ky0jkO.jpg

Dude has red eyes. He's evil all right.

Swarna

Skab

Wouldn't be hard to make Ken stand out from Ryu and Akuma. Give him his kicks back, give him his roll from alpha, etc.

In fact, if I'm right about Charlies teleport being his instinct move thing, then I wouldn't be surprised to see them give Ken his roll as his.

fader

I just don't see SF without Ryu/Ken/Akuma also they may share moves but they play very differently from each other.

Aditya

Neo Member
I would actually be slightly concerned if there are 19 selectable fighters in the game.

For balancing purposes, and insurance that they are investing a lot of time in each fighter, 16 would be better.

I agree with the balance issue, especially with the V-trigger mechanic it'll be really challenging balancing individual match-ups. That's why the online beta is an excellent idea. They'll be able to collect more character and match-up data than any loketest, which should help a lot with the initial balance of the game.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Hey.

Hey.

Hey Ken.

Hold that L. You piece of shit.

Verendus knows his stuff, I'd be wary of what he says. Also, what do you think about those 4 characters that were spoken about? I remember one being from North Africa if I'm not mistaken. It was mentioned somewhere but I don't remember where the french stream is and who talked about it here on GAF.

Top Bottom