• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Wave of New Xbox Update Features Ship to Select Xbox Insiders Today.

Redesigned home and guide, btw

Edit: Anyone else get a message from Xbox last week saying that you were put into the Insiders program for your participation in the beta program?

RoKKeR

Digging the subtle tweaks to the dash and quick menu.

Updated-Home_Xbox-One.png

Updated-Guide_Xbox-One.png

Preview "window" for active content is gone it looks like.

Nephtes

Dammit, I need this now...
I don't want to wait.

How do I upgrade from the Preview Program to Xbox Insider?
😦

Double-tap to guide has got to go!

PrankT

"Blu-ray player bitstream passthrough beta: The Blu-ray disc player on Xbox One now supports a beta of bitstream passthrough, which allows your receiver to decode audio natively. All bitstream formats are supported, including newer ones like Dolby Atmos."

This is all I care about. Release asap.

"Blu-ray player bitstream passthrough beta: The Blu-ray disc player on Xbox One now supports a beta of bitstream passthrough, which allows your receiver to decode audio natively. All bitstream formats are supported, including newer ones like Dolby Atmos."

Amen.

Fuchsdh

It'd prefer pins to be above recent, or shrink down the recents so pins are easier to access, but it's still an improvement.

Go, Xbox Insiders, fix the bugs before I get my hands on it!

Also like the fact that they centered the guide so it's less scrolling up or down no matter what menu you're trying to get to.

Noobcraft

Copilot sounds awesome for playing games with my 3 year old.

https://news.xbox.com/2017/01/23/xbox-creators-update-preview/#ZEUvX2eV2zeutscp.99 said:
Take for instance our new Copilot feature which allows two controllers to act as if they were one. This will help make Xbox One more inviting to new gamers needing assistance, more fun by adding cooperative controls for any game and easier for players who need unique configurations to play — whether that is with hands apart, hand and chin, hand and foot, etc..

As testing it, as im in preview, it does work. DTS:X with Jason Bourne sounded fantastic!

to note on the future updated for the system level: I can't wait to hear what games in the future support dolby atmos as im ready to hear the gooodness all over my room.

ev0

I'm curious about this. Ever since the last OS update, bluray audio is always out of sync and I had to stop using it. Hopefully this fixes that.

Also, now that the big box for your current game is gone from the home screen, what happens to people who still use hdmi in for the TV (are there any?) I always thought it was neat how the TV show or game would just appear smaller in the box, still running.

Trup1aya

Looks great! Definately some long overdue improvements.

I hope it's as fast as they make it appear.

I love the way the home screen looks and how is centered around the your current activity. I wonder how it looks when watching tv.

MrBenchmark

I'm curious about this. Ever since the last OS update, bluray audio is always out of sync and I had to stop using it. Hopefully this fixes that.

Also, now that the big box for your current game is gone from the home screen, what happens to people who still use hdmi in for the TV (are there any?) I always thought it was neat how the TV show or game would just appear smaller in the box, still running.
My biggest concern is how tv and games will work if I can't have the news snapped playing while I play I'm gonna be pissed as I have the USB tuner specifically for this reason.

muzzymate

I'm a fan of the new guide button menu. Seeing it in action in the podcast really convinced me. Really curious to see how well that will work with their Media Remote (and re-programing my family on how to use the Xbox)

The initial home screen, looks really odd to me without the shrunken down version of the game. The home screen look really busy to me. Audio bit streaming is incredibly welcome! Hoping that goes system-wide eventually.

But my favorite feature, that I'll probably never use but will mean the world to some people out there is Copilot. That sounds great for people who need assistive technology products.33

Not a fan of the overlay. I've always been a proponent of the snap feature, but that seems to be on the way out. At least the overlay can be moved around.

Zedox

I'm interested in knowing if they will change how the guide looks/works for Windows 10 PCs. I'm hoping for some consistency.

Flipyap

I guess my "worse than sliced bread" comment wasn't sarcastic enough lol

I always have a chuckle when people say the Xbox UI is impossible to navigate.
It's not impossible, but it definitely can be confusing if you don't use it on a daily basis.
I actually keep forgetting about the "my games and apps" button because it's placed in the ad block and right next to the other text box displaying information I'm never going to care about. It's one of the most important UI elements placed in a spot reserved for stuff I'd rather not have on the dashboard at all.

Jumeira

Banned
WTF background music is in? Do they mean Groove music or music off hardrive/iPod?

New achievement overlay is slick.

Top Bottom