• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 Films to See In April (what are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I couldn't make it through Sunshine, maybe I should give it another chance, or maybe not based on what you said?

Is Machina only doing a NY/LA deal tomorrow? Couldn't really find much info on where it's showing.

Yeah, only NY/LA. Can't find anything about additional roll-out, maybe they are waiting to see how it does.

An-Det

Yeah, only NY/LA. Can't find anything about additional roll-out, maybe they are waiting to see how it does.

Damn, that explains why I couldn't find any showings near me. Hopefully it goes wider soon, that was the main one I was looking forward to this month.

GutsBlade

Neo Member
Ex Machina and Lost River for me. I know Lost River is getting alot of crap, but Only God Forgives did too and I love that movie. Going to give it a view tonight.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of Lost River (got a critical thrashing at Cannes), here's an hour loop of

LOOK AT MY MUSCLES

Oddly enough that isn't in the theatrical cut (the uncut version of the film that debooed at Cannes is ~10 minutes longer). I kept waiting for it to come but it never did, haha. Also, I've said before that I prefer the film's original title ("How to Catch a Monster"), however I now understand why WB had the title changed: the mystical element of the story rears its head when Bones meets Rat but then falls completely to the wayside until the end of the film. Given that early articles and at least one recent review mention that the film is partially set in an underwater town, which is a stone's throw from not being even the slightest bit true, I can only assume the "curse" played a larger role in the original script but was significantly pared backed to the point of being virtually non-existent due to logistical or budgetary issues (which isn't to say that I was expecting Gosling and co. to literally set up a town underwater, haha).

Toothless

Do you know anything about if While We're Young is going to go wide?

I'd be surprised if Ex Machina doesn't go wide eventually though, I've gotten trailers for it in front of really high profile movies like Sniper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom