• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15 Films to See in April (what are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Your Name actually coming out in theaters or is it on a streaming service, because looking up on yahoo movies I don't see this shit anywhere?

Xe4

Banned
I'm likely going to try see Your Name and My High School. Both look pretty interesting.

Edit: I really wish GKids had picked up Your Name instead of Funimation, cause they're the only company willing to make an effort to distribute animated movies in a serious fashion. It would've also had a higher chance of getting an Oscar nomination, since GKids pushes hard for those, but Funimation couldn't give less of a fuck.

I may end up going up tomorrow. FUCK!

MedicUnderFire

Neo Member
I saw Free-fire this week, and it was great. A well-paced and acted "single location" movie, I like all of Ben Wheatley movies, so i wasn't disappointed. If you like 70s and 80s crime thrillers, you should enjoy it.

adamy

Banned
What have been your recent favorites in the last 3-5 years? I could recommend some based on that. I've seen a handful and can confirm they are pretty great.

Green Room
It Follows
The Witch
The Babadook
Under the Skin
The Guest
Maniac (yes, the remake)

Me and the gf loved Your Name. Will definitely pick up the blu ray.

Colossal isn't playing anywhere near me which is a bummer

Green Room
It Follows
The Witch
The Babadook
Under the Skin
The Guest
Maniac (yes, the remake)

I'd definitely say Colossal would be up your alley. Also, The Void and Free Fire, but I haven't personally seen either. You might like Small Crimes too, which is from the director of Cheap Thrills.

The dub for Your Name is really good. I didn't read the fine print on the Laemmle website and ended up watching it instead of the sub and was pleasantly surprised once I got over my initial disappointment.

Going to try to catch Colossal and High School and maybe one more over the holiday weekend.

New002

I loved Your Name and will pick up the BluRay. Also, just wanna say I 100% agree with you that this Fast and the Furious second wind peaked with Fast Five, thought the subsequent ones are fun.

Quake1028

Colossal (Nacho Vigalondo; April 7)
The Fate of the Furious (F. Gary Gray; April 14)
The Lost City of Z (James Gray; April 14)
Free Fire (Ben Wheatley; April 21)
Small Crimes (E.L. Katz; April 28)

Bump because I was reminded that we are approaching the 25th anniversary of the Los Angeles riots of 1992, and there are quite a few documentaries on TV that I'm trying to catch. Given that one is available online right now, for free, and others are available via a cable/netflix subscription, it's not a bad time to get started. Other titles will release throughout the rest of April.

The Guardian has a good rundown

Watching this one tonight

THE LOST TAPES: EPISODE 2 LA RIOTS

The city of Los Angeles erupted into chaos on April 29, 1992, after four white LAPD officers were acquitted for beating African American motorist Rodney King. Over the next six days, television and radio reports, home video, and police footage captured the turmoil that led to 54 deaths, nearly 12,000 arrests, and over $1 billion in damages. Using these recordings, we take a look at one of the biggest periods of civil unrest in American history as if it were all unfolding in real time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom