• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Club Nintendo Platinum and Gold "Prize" Giveaway: Details Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, can't really criticize the physical rewards this year as there are none. And like many of you, I already have many of the games available as rewards. So as such, the purpose of this thread is to give your codes away. GIVE. Not sell or trade.

While you may give them away however you please, here are my stipulations:

1) You must contact Nintendo using this link and voice your displeasure over this year's rewards.

2) At some point in your message, you must say the following sentence: "I smell like a wet basement."

3) KEEP IT CIVIL. No cursing.

4) Copy and paste your message here for all to see.

The first person to receive a response from Nintendo (aside from any auto-response you might get when first submitting your message) gets to choose a Platinum or Gold tier reward:

xg0wvPy.png

Lastly, if you've received a free reward/club nintendo gift from me in the past, you are not eligible. Gotta spread the wealth.

Good luck!

Why is it that all this year's elite status prizes are digital? Not even a calendar or a pencil pack? I'm sure the lot of you over there are pretty busy, but honestly I'm over here at home after a tough Wii Fit U workout, I smell like a wet basement, and I was just looking forward to getting to order something in the mail that I could physically hold and/or display. I don't mean to be overly critical, but I just wondered if there was some kind of explanation as to why this year's prizes are all digital, with not a single physical good in the entire mix.

Funny thing is, I don't even care that they're all digital. Beats the heck out of last year's rewards IMO.

"So I woke up this morning and to my surprise, the Club Nintendo rewards were finally up! I was quite disappointed the selection, because I was really hoping for something physical, such as another soundtrack or maybe even an Amiibo. I just got my wisdom teeth and I smell like a wet basement, so I was hoping to maybe get something to keep me excited from this painful day. Just an inquiry and sharing my sadness over the lack of a physical item for my continued service in supporting Nintendo platforms."

maxcriden

Haha. Not participating, but very funny way to enter. Also, I'll just re-post my EBF ode for all to see:

To know him, the electric one
The man whose very blanket sets minds
ablaze
Whither are we known as GAFers
when the truest among us
Are something more
With the keenest taste
and the sharpest palate
(despite an admitted dislike of bluest cheeses)
and a mother
who discovered
Warp Zones
all by her lonesome
Perhaps the moniker
By which we know him
Is actually a grouping of the three adjectives
Which best describe his respective nature
Electric for his creative spark
Blanket to represent
His comforting words
and Fire to denote his passion for games
ever since that fateful 1991 when he was gifted
The Most Super of Nintendos
Sometimes children throw up in his presence
Simply when awed to be around him
He knows that beer is best from a tap
But when it comes to a bottle or can specifically
His opinion is firmly in favor of that aluminum cylinder
His generosity is boundless
Always giving away
Platinum Gifts from that exclusive club of the Big N
and Alerting us to Bombas
Be they Mario Blankets or otherwise
With a keen eye for art
He can recognize Superintendent Chalmers
deep in the heart of a Burrito Stronghold
And perhaps most relevant to OT GAF
His taste for Milk Duds and TMNT
is absolute
Ever since that destined day
when his kindly grandfather took him
to see his first movie
Knowledge he would later generously share
With GAF
Just as he humbly offers
Wares and advice and musings
on this very forum
to this very day.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
"Hello,

I just wanted to voice my displeasure at the Platinum Prize this year.
The prize this year is an array of digital titles. What happened to the neat physical prizes of past years? Those were items I could at least keep and treasure forever whereas now I just smell like a wet basement.

The insult to injury is that the grand majority of the digital titles being offered I already own, and were a part of why I got Platinum status in the first place.

I hope you guys take this into consideration in the future. For now, I will look longingly at the adorable Yoshi plushie that is being given to Japanese Club Nintendo customers as their yearly prize.

thank you,
-xxx xxxx"

Sure, I sent them an email.

My message to Nintendo:

I want to ask about the possibility of physical Platinum and Gold rewards that will be equivalent to what Japan and Europe receives. A LOT of people want soundtracks like Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Also Japan just got that ADORABLE Yoshi plushie! I want one! XD

I hope Nintendo will consider this in the future.

Thank you very much.

With kind regards, (name and address, withheld).

Ah poo, I forgot to mention I smells of wet basement. LOL

I'm certainly disappointed with the new "rewards" this year. All the money I spent on Nintendo games this year and not even a specially crafted prize to show your appreciation. Driving down to GameStop in my car in Florida with no A/C just to pick up the newest game out for Wii U. Standing in line smelling like a wet basement next to a bunch of people giving me looks for picking up the newest Pokemon game as a 21 year old man. The stuff I put myself through just for my glorious platinum prize at the end of the year and all I get is a digital reward.

I'm hoping next year Nintendo will show some appreciation with the form of a new desk calender so all of my middle aged coworkers know I play Nintendo games still.

doowrah

"I'm fairly dissatisfied with the platinum rewards this year. I don't really understand why I'm being rewarded for buying games, with free copies of the games I already bought to receive this award. This is likely the day I stop bothering with club nintendo."

grkazan12

My inquiry to Nintendo

Saw the gifts and although they were decent, I wish there were more physical rewards to give away as gifts. I understand that it is free, but it would be cool if you added some more variety to the rewards. Finally, I smell like a wet basement. Thank you and please understand.

Symphonic

I LOVE CLUB NINTENDO AND THE REWARDS THIS YEAR ARE REALLY DISAPPOINTING. I WAS HOPING FOR ANOTHER REALLY COOL STATUE OR HAT OR SOMETHING BUT IT'S JUST GAMES. I LOVE YOUR GUYS' GAMES, YOU ARE MY FAVORITE VIDEO GAME COMPANY, BUT I HAVE MOST OF THEM AND MOST ARE JUST VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAMES THAT I DON'T REALLY WANT TO GET. PLEASE TELL ME THERE ARE GOING TO BE MORE REWARDS OR SOMETHING.

SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT I SMELL LIKE A WET BASEMENT.

MaxiLive

Wow this all whiffs of crazy self entitlement.

Hopefully this won't kick off and loads of gaffers end up sending mails. Poor customer service staff :(

zma1013

"Why are all of this year's Gold and Platinum rewards all digital games that everyone else can get? I thought Club Nintendo was about getting unique things that can only be obtained by showing intense loyalty to Nintendo? If you ask me, these rewards are not enough. I also want special posters, or hats, or whatever, as long as it's something unique. I don't feel like I'm actually coming out ahead considering the time I've spent doing surveys and I think someone showing their commitment to a brand should feel like they get something special. All I do is sit down here in the dark and play Nintendo games all day long and now I smell like a wet basement. I wear that smell proudly when I venture out to get a snack from the fridge, even in protest from those around me who'd rather I take a shower. Can't I at least get a cool Mario T-shirt or some Luigi deodorant to show them that it's not all in vane?"

Crap, I used the wrong "vane." Now they will think I'm an idot.

My entry
This year's Club Nintendo are pretty awful. Most of these games are worth a mere fraction of what we've earned through the year. It would have been cheaper to buy all those games you are offering than to get one of them now through Gold/Platinum status. In the past years, at least the non-downloadable prizes had some novelty even if they weren't exactly worth it, but this year's don't even have that. After returning from my run this morning, I smell like a wet basement and I wasn't pleased with all these digital rewards. This year's offerings are a disrespect to all members of Club Nintendo who earned Elite status. Games are nice but, they aren't as rewarding as a special exclusive good. Even Doc Louis's Punch-Out! would be nice to see.

Castcoder

Banned
"As I got distracted from my work, I lurked over to a game discussion forum I frequent to find to my surprise that Nintendo had released the Club Nintendo Platinum rewards for 2014. I noticed in the title the words 'You're not gonna like it,' and braced myself like this morning when I had to endure fixing my flooded basement before leaving my house. Much like my basement's pipes, I burst in outcry with the flood of other forum members. After investing hundreds of dollars and effort into a service that guaranteed a premium reward, I was disappointed yet another investment wasn't capable of delivering, much like my basement's pipes. Now that I've been ripped off twice today, I smell like a wet basement AND I have interesting to show from my Club Nintendo investments, Nintendo. Please do us all a favor and clean your mess like I cleaned my basement, Nintendo."

We'll see what happens.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Hopefully this won't kick off and loads of gaffers end up sending mails. Poor customer service staff :(

They have a suggestion inbox for a reason.
I suggested they offer physical prizes again in the future.

"Hello, I would like to voice disappointment with the Gold and Platinum Tier rewards for Club Nintendo. The game selection seems pretty poor compared to previous years, as well as the complete disappearance of physical rewards. Thanks for reading my opinion, I still have hope that more/better rewards will be announced retroactively."

I didn't want the wet basement part to send my feedback to the shredder.

Fireblend

Banned
Here's my attempt:

I was disappointed to see all-digital rewards for Platinum members this year. I was hoping for a soundtrack or at least some posters like last year, but that was obviously not to be. And to think it was my first year as a platinum member too! I feel as desolate and smelly as a basement that's been recently flooded and then promptly drained so it's just wet now.

Seriously though, as a passionate Nintendo fan it's sad to see the state CN is in now. Just my two cents. Have a nice day!

ohlawd

sent mine

sup Nintendo

yo, your rewards this year are kinda wack. I tend to pick your physical rewards like posters and while they look stylin', I just kinda leave them in my closet. They look TOO good to hang up. That ain't your fault though so just chill. Have you been in my closet? Whenever I go in there, I smell like a wet basement.

Thanks for the Earthbound. I'm actually gonna get something this year I can use but posters or another cool physical item next time please. For real, this is how I feel.

Hey uh can I have another reward? Plat members should totes get one Plat and one Gold. Maybe leave out the high value stuff like DKC3D and G&W.

PEACE,
ohlawd

Lkr

When I awoke this morning, I saw the club nintendo prizes had been revealed. I was very upset with the announcement of said prizes, because they are 30 year old games for gold status, and the platinum users are likely to already own the games they can get!

I am so distraught by this decision, that I smell like a west basement. This is even more troubling as I live in Florida, and we do not have basements!

Thank you

forgot to put please understand :(

I recently achieved platinum
status on Club Nintendo and
might probably have been too
excited about my reward. It's
like, I expected something
lovely that my hands could hold
like previous years prizes, but
instead it's just download
keys for games that almost
everyone has probably bought
already. Was there any reason
why you made the decision to
exit the arena of sending actual
things to people which they'd
be able to treasure as long
as they live in favour of
sending them games which almost
everyone will forget in a single
moment when the next major
entertainment release comes to
nearby stores? I look forward
to hearing your thoughts.

x2 Bitches LOL :)

I registered for Club Nintendo in order to receive physical rewards, not only have they not been almost entirely removed from the rewards shop, I got a Kirby that said, "I smell like a wet basement", and the rewards for Platinum this year are horrible. Where is the physical merchandise, that we all save for all year long. Thank you for making me feel like I smell like a wet basement, and not valuing me as a customer.

Aiustis

I'm okay with the selection. I actually don't have most of that since I rarely buy games digitallly. And now I feel good about hording my coins for the Kirby patches instead of downloadable games.

Kyzer

Banned

Well we did do them a favor and spend a fuckton of money on their products time and time again and filled out surveys for them....the normal prizes were better than this. Its a really lame thank you for our loyalty.

My entry:

Your Club Nintendo Platinum/Gold rewards this year are great. There are some good games in there that I missed out on, like Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D!

Thanks!

I am totally stoked for DKCR3D. I missed out on that one. I played the Wii version and that was enjoyable, but I never finished it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I didn't realize getting a free game was something to get angry about.

I'd rather get a game than some useless thing that's going to sit in a closet somewhere.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If you write in to complain about free games then I'm afraid you are an entitled manchild.

Well we did do them a favor and spend a fuckton of money on their products time and time again and filled out surveys for them....the normal prizes were better than this. Its a really lame thank you for our loyalty.

Didn't you get hours and hours of entertainment out of their products? You filled out a 60 second survey a few times a year and you get a free game, there is nothing to complain about.

I didn't realize getting a free game was something to get angry about.

I'd rather get a game than some useless thing that's going to sit in a closet somewhere.

I'm not angry whatsoever. You can be displeased without being angry.

If you write in to complain about free games then I'm afraid you are an entitled manchild.

Technically, these prizes should be exclusive rewards, not something anyone can get.

Also, as a professional wrestling fan who gets Happy Meals for Mario Kart toys, of course I'm a manchild.

lt519

NoA got back to me:

"We've been waiting to announce this at the appropriate time but the outpouring of feedback regarding lack of physical prizes for Club Nintendo Platinum members has forced us to reveal our next big market opportunity: Cosmetics. We'd like to present to you for the first time the new Mario Cosmetics line and for Club Nintendo platinum members we'd like to offer our first fragrance as a reward for your loyalty"

LNTEJL4.jpg

only doing it to get free shit from EBF ;)

LOL same! XD

NoA got back to me:

"We've been waiting to announce this at the appropriate time but the outpouring of feedback regarding lack of physical prizes for Club Nintendo Platinum members has forced us to reveal our next big market opportunity: Cosmetics. We'd like to present to you for the first time the new Mario Cosmetics line and for Club Nintendo platinum members we'd like to offer our first fragrance as a reward for your loyalty"

LNTEJL4.jpg

Where's my Wet Basement scent Nintendo?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom