• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Year in Underground Rap & Hip-Hop

Status
Not open for further replies.
WRkl413.jpg

Year in Underground Hip-Hop 2015

It's that time of the year again. With the close of 2015 we have gotten quite a selection of music in the rap/hip-hop genre. To those returning I'd like to inform you that this year's write up isn't as extensive as last year's because I had written during a time where I was very busy and didn't have much time to do what I wanted and thus spent time little by little to create a piece that would alleviate much of the frustrations I was going through. Music helped me through the nights of writing papers and doing homework and it was also a part of the time I spent to work on my drawing. Though I had a lot more free time this year, I felt that I generally listened to less music and felt just a bit less passion because of my current predicament. Overall, I found the quality output this year to not compare to that of last years, though that does not indicate that the majority was of low quality, it was just disappointing. Last year putting the lists together was a lot harder, while this seemed pretty simple. I'm also disappointed at the lack of projects from my sistas in this year. Most of the ones I listened to last year didn't put out anything this year and a couple that did released terrible projects and I hardly found any that were new to me. With that being said let's get into this and check out my write-up from last year if you're a new reader. This list omits mainstream rappers who have gone independent in the recent years, so no Czarface or Ghostface on here. Also, thanks Gaf for providing me with some last minute listens last month.

10. Broadcast One

Artist: Memory Man

Release Date: January 8

I was very late on the come up of this album. I just listened to this about two days ago when I was doing some last minute searches for albums I missed this year. I'm glad I found it because it ended up being a neat little treasure full of the more mellow and funky sounds that I like from time to time in my melodics. Memory Man does a great job on the production of this project. These jazzy and funk sounds have a serenity to them perfect for easy listening. While this is technically a production album since Memory Man drops no rhymes on here, I put it in with the main top ten because it is heavy with featured artists and these artists are pretty top notch. The likes of Kool Keith, Mr. Lif, and Open Mike Eagle are on this album and each of them do a good job on standing out on this album. The more jolly and silly flow from Busdriver on “Live from Death Row” made me do a double take at first, but it's good for what he's going for. Overall it's a great album with some stellar production and decent rhymes that edges out to making my top ten.

Notable Tracks: The Kool Keith Show, Story Time, The War Room

ChocQuibTown600.jpg

9. El Mismo

Artists: ChocQuibTown

Release Date: May 5

Colombian reggaeton group ChocQuibTown dropped their latest album today titled El Mismo (The Same in English) and I have to say that it is great. El Mismo is the group's fifth album to date and it brings the flavor and energy that the group is known for. The titled track is set to an upbeat instrumental and the trio does a decent job when it comes to flows and energy. It's serviceable and gives you an understanding of their style, but the proceeding tracks after the original version of "Cuando Te Veo" are the exceptional pieces of this project. The album has a varied range in terms of tone and sound. You have tracks like "El Mismo" and "Una Raza Llamada Sabor" that are the more upbeat salsa type songs while you also have the serene tracks like "Cuando Te Veo" and "Nuqui". "Salsa & Choque ft. Ñejo" is my personal favorite of the dance tracks.

I have to also point out that the production is exceptional on this album. Slow Miguel did a superb job on constructing this. The tunes are fine salsa and reggaeton beats. The guitars and xylophones featured throughout are my favorite instruments. The saxaphone on "Nuqui" was also a nice touch to add to the placid feeling the song evokes.
As far as the rapping goes, I feel that it is done rather well. Carlos has the best flow out of the group, Gloria's rhymes are a nice blend from her vocals, and Miguel has the best energy. I cannot comment on their lyrics as they rhyme in Spanish and not being well versed in it. I know Spanish well enough, but enough to dissect it from music, especially something as fast moving as rap. If I could find lyrics for this album I'll dissect them then.
This album also features four renditions of their leading single "Cuando Te Veo". All of them are pretty good and apply a different genre to each version. A couple of the mixes actually sound better than the original. I have to say I probably like the Pop version the most. Overall, this album is fantastic and I have to say their best album to date. This is a high recommend.

Notable Tracks: Salsa & Choque ft. Nejo, Una Raza Llamada Sabor, and Cuando Te Veo

8. Words Paint Pictures

Artist: Rapper Big Pooh

Release Date: March 24

This album was a little under my radar, but once I found out about it and listened to it, I liked what I found. It was a hard choice between this and Home Sweet Home, but I ended up picking this likely due to me naturally listening to it more. Though I feel Home Sweet Home to be on par with this I excluded it from this in favor for keeping the top ten diverse in terms of artists. As for this project Big Pooh's delivery is sufficient providing enough energy and flows that correspond with the beat and stand out to set your attention to. “Stop” is a particular track on this album where the delivery catches your attention enough and has you intensely listening to the lyrics. This track tells the story of a man driving while black and the risks that entails. The instrumentals on this ep I can say is the one thing that edges over Home Sweet Home. I'm a fan of soul samples and “Candlelight” is the best one on this project. You also have two remixes from L'Orange and Apollo Brown and when those two are involved you're getting a good instrumental. As far as the features go, they're okay to me mostly. Steve Roxx, Marv Won, and Eric don't do much for me, but don't take away from the songs in any matter, but veteran MC Ras Kass is great on “Eyes Wide Open”. Words Paint Pictures is an all around good album and I'm looking forward to listening to more of his work.

Notable Tracks: Stop, Augmentation

7. Time? Astonishing!

Artists: L'Orange & Kool Keith

Release Date: July 24th

L'Orange and Kool Keith dropped the anticipated Time? Astonishing! today and it's as good as I hoped. For those unfamiliar L'Orange is a producer from the Mellow Music Group label and Kool Keith is an underground rapper dating back to the 90's. I'm not sure if this pair could be any better. L'Orange's jazz and old film noir vibe instrumentals seem to be the perfect pairing for Kool Keith's laid back flow and his taste for the bizarre. On the touch of the production, this is among L'Orange's best. The beats are filled with saxophones, drums, and kicks. A lot of them remind me of performances in jazz night clubs. There also a couple of tracks that are boom bap. The instrumentals on"The Green Ray" seems to evoke a story on its own. All of them are served for easy listening as usual for the producer and as previously said, a good match for Kool Keith.
As far as Kool Keith goes, this album reminds me a lot of Dr. Octagonecologyst. Kool Keith's flow is remarkably similar, but it doesn't get old, Keith also has alter egos in this one as well, playing as a time traveler and a doctor with dual identities. As far as lyrics go there is quite a bit of wordplay. I am still quite unsure what to make of Keith's lyrics. I'm listening to every word, but I'm not sure exactly what he's saying. The words are clear, but they don't seem to connect to one another for the most part. "Dr. Bipolar" is one of the few tracks where I get lyrics and how they connect. It basically tells the story of a man living a dual identity. Regardless of that, it just sounds dope. His voice and his flow are so in synch with the beats that is sort of over-exceeds that. This album also has quite a few features on it, which also make this album great. You the oh familiar Blu, Open Mike Eagle, and Mr. Lif who all do fantastic jobs on their tracks. Mr. Lif and Open Mike Eagle's verses are my two favorites on the album and the others I'm unfamiliar with like J-Live and Montage One also do a fair job. This album is great. The chemistry is great between the producer and the rapper and the featured artists all add something unique to the album. This is a highly recommended album.

Notable Tracks: Twenty Fifty Three (feat. Mr. Lif), Dr. Bipolar, and The Traveler

RDF069-EFN-COVER_large.jpg

6. Another Time

Artists: DJ EFN + Various

Release Date: March 3rd

This compilation album is truly ambitious. DJ EFN puts together several rappers and producers of the 90's early 2000s and of upcoming underground for something special. You have the likes of Guilty Simpson, Scarface, Talib Kweli, Blu, Guilty Simpson, Redman, Masta Ace and Sa-Roc. These features are all that and a bag of chips, with the dip! I found myself in love with the few tracks ready to claim this album as a nine, but as it went on I didn't like it as much. The production on some of the tracks I disliked such as “Power” and “HomeTeam”. I was excited to hear Sa-Roc and Masta Ace's verses on that same track, but I came out disappointed. Sa-Roc didn't seem to rhyme on the beat while Masta Ace did, but his lyrics didn't live up to snuff. That comes to the end of the flaws of the album. Those two tracks are really my only issues, the rest is quality. I usually don't favor trap, but Scarface gave me one of my many exceptions with his verse on "Who's Crazy?". He might have been the proprietor of trap as Dr. Dyson suggested. Another Time is an album worth purchasing for any fan of rap.

Notable Tracks: Another Time, South-West, and Paradise

5. Phantom Limbs

Artists: Sadistik x Kno

Release Date: August 11th

This EP is a collaboration with producer/rapper Kno from Cunninlynguists and in this project he lends most of his talents to composition for a package that's all around superb. Sadistik is known for his gravely morose voice and flow which is present on this album in spades. You can feel the anguish he's going through in his words and he has a way of making his words visual. Take these lines from "The Darkness" for instance, "Petals falling off the daffodils, I can't appeal. There's never monarchs in this monarchy only caterpill. Hurts while leaving shadows on the moon, teach me how to drown in the shallowest lagoon". These sad and dark images of dying flowers shadows cutting into stone and attempted suicide helped create the somber tone and also added a bit morbidity to the song. These subjects are present throughout the entirety of this project. "To Be in Love" is about missing a lost love, "Hers Forever" expresses painful love for a woman who rejects him, "Phantom Limbs" talks about coming to terms with painful memories and thoughts, "Daydreams" is talking about getting caught in the nightmares that torment, but sooth him while also trying escaping from the pain, and "In Heaven" he talks confesses that he feels that he is too sinful for heaven and perhaps enjoys tormenting and being tormented in the bridge in between the two after lives. I could not pin down the theme of "Unaware" however.

As you can obviously see this isn't an album for partying or lifting spirits. Lyrically it is very layered in flow, rhymes and wordplay. Metaphors, alliteration, and puns can be found throughout this audio journey into descent. The featured artists also contribute in these respects, "Unaware in particular" has three guest emcees that lend their talents to the mic. Chino XL, Sheisty Khrist, and Metasota all add something unique to the track while also keeping in lime with the tone of the song. Chino XL's verse in particular impressed me the most. His flow is raw and unforgiving.

To touch upon Kno's contribution to this EP, his instrumentals play well in hand with Sadistik's rhymes. The beats are slightly electronic reminiscent with lost of drums, a couple of choir samples, and piano pieces. They are good instrumentals on their own and I hope that Kno releases an instrumental version of this album before the year is up. While Kno is a producer, he also raps from time to time. His only mic contribution is on "Hers Forever" and I'll say that he's as good as Sadistik on the track and I would've like to seen him rap on at least one other song. This is a great album by two incredible artists and right now I say it ranks among the best in the year.

Notable Tracks: The Darkness and Unaware f. Chino XL, Sheisty Khrist & Metasota

4. The Good Fight

Artist: Oddisee

Release Date: May 5th

One of the best albums put out this year was The Good Fight. Prior to this album I discovered Oddisee through yU who I found through L'Orange and I saw his music video for "Own Appeal". The beat and rhymes were straight so I kept watch on him. When I found out about this dropping this year I made sure to listen to it as soon as it came out. This ended up being one of the albums that stayed blasting in my ears throughout the year. Oddisee is both a talented emcee and producer. His skills at the mic are just as strong as his keys behind the instruments. The Good Fight is filled with keyboards, drums, cymbals, and a touch a soul. The melodies throughout invigorate and calm the soul are in tandem with emcee's rhymes. On the lyrical front Oddisee is stellar when it comes to flow and energy. His rhymes always catch your attention and play off well from the instrumentals. His lyrics are also a bit more layered than others, but nothing in particular stood out to me aside from his story of financial struggle in "Contradiction's Maze". The featured artists on this project also add their own flavor to this album. Vocalist/rapper Maimouna Youssef sings decently on "Contradiction's Maze" and "What They'll Say". The likes of Nick Hakim and Gary Clark Jr. are fine, but don't particularly stand out. The commentary at the end of the album by Tranquil is good and conveys the problems of the mainstream in the current day. This is a stellar album with some really catchy hooks, instrumentals, and rhymes. I'm looking to listening to more Oddisee.

Notable Tracks: Contradiction's Maze ft. Mumu Fresh, First Choice, and Worse Before Better

3. The Rapture: Live from Oaklandia

Artist: Zion I

Release Date:

As I was looking at the purchasers of Phantom Limbs on bandcamp, a certain user profile icon caught my eye and I decided to click on it. The user was Wyatt Armstrong Hunter and noticed that he had a few Cunninlynguists purchases in his collection so I figured he had great taste and decided to give a listen to the first album that appeared on his page, The Rapture: Live from Oaklandia by Zion I. This album released just a few days ago on August 7 and upon clicking on the first track I regretted missing it on release day. This is a live rap/soul album from artist Zion I who I didn't realize was already in a few tracks in my library as he did "In the City" with Cunninlynguists, and was featured on Nneka and J. Period's "God of Mercy". His features apparently didn't capture my attention before, but it certainly has gotten it now. In The Rapture the duo of Zion I focuses on unleashing riveting energy. Zumbi's voice is propelled and projected to get the listeners hype and his flow is at a steady, but quick pace. His energy and pace does start to slow down at the end however, but it's still energetic.

The live instrumentation from the band is also a main contributor to the sound. Drums, cymbals, saxophones, pianos, and guitars are present throughout the performances. There is also a nice electronic sounding instrument I don't recognize at the end of Human Being that I like a lot. It overall has a bit of a jazzy and soul flavor to it. What I like the most about the choice to go live for this album is that it really captures the feeling of being in a concert. The quality is superb and the crowd interaction really sets it home. What is also notable is that most of the tracks seem to flow into one another. In all but one song there seems to be not definite cuts from one track to the next further instilling the feeling of being at a live concert.

Now I haven't touched upon the lyrical skill of the album and I can say it's pretty decent. It's more straightforward and I didn't catch any instances of wordplay, but the themes of goals of this album seemed to be about uplifting the spirit which I typically don't see in those type of songs anyway. His style is more of the boom bap flavor. His pronunciations are clear majority of the time and the featured emcees hold up decently. The singers attached accompany the instruments well enough and none of them are bad, but none of them really stood out to me either except for that end note that Codany Holiday dropped on "Sorry". That was off the chain.

To conclude this, The Rapture: Live from Oaklandia is a great album that makes great use of live instruments and recommendation to those looking for a little more joy in their life. I'm now eager to hear more of him and I think his style would be greatly complemented to the likes of Blitz the Ambassador, Common, Akua Naru, Ben L'Oncle Soul, and Nneka. Oh yeah, I definitely made sure to listen to everything in that user's profile.

Notable Tracks: Boom Bip, Trippin, and Human Being

1. Cold Winter & The Miner's Canary

Artists: Sheisty Khrist x LoFidel / Akua Naru

Release Dates: Januray 26 (Cold Winter) February 20th (The Miner's Canary)

The best of 2015 for me was the beginning. Two juggernauts released in the first two months of the year and they remained in my attention throughout this trip around the sun. Cold Winter has some of the best instrumentals I've heard among music period. The mix and quality are excellent, providing great range and sounds, going from electronica, metal, and boom bap. LoFidel can't be recognized enough for his work on this album. Sheisty Khrist's rhymes are just about as great as LoFidel on this album. His flow and energy are superb. His sound on here actually reminds me of Jay-Z, but better. Khrist's lyrics are sound, but the only qualm I might say is that his enunciation isn't always clear. All of the featured artists are top notch and the two favorite being Natti, and spoken word poet Bianca Spriggs. The Miner's Canary is an entirely different sounding album from Cold Winter. While Cold Winter has some rock, ambient, and electronic influence The Miner's Canary is jazz and soul focused. The Miner's Canary is Naru's third album with The Journey Aflame in 2011 and its live variation Live & Aflame Sessions which dropped in the following year proceeding it. Akua Naru delivers on the poetic front just as strong as she did on The Journey Aflame. Her flow is perfectly blended with the instrumentals and her lyrics evoke emotion. In this album she spreads the messages of love, music, freedom and there's a tribute song to novelist Toni Morrison. The title of the album projects a metaphor in that she wants to relay messages to a community to prevent cancerous thoughts in comparison to the caged canaries miners used to take into mines to warn the miners of poisonous gases.
The featured artists on this album all do a stupendous job. R&B singer Cody ChesNuTT, provided some sensational vocals to "Canary Dreams", Ben L'Oncle Soul evokes a John Legend sound on “Fly”, and emcees Dynasty and Sa-Roc kill it on the microphone in "Boom Bap Back". I hope that the featured artists will gain notoriety in their own right down the road. The Miner's Canary is an excellent follow up to Akua Naru's previous works. I'm not quite sure if it's better than The Journey Aflame and Live & Aflame Sessions, but right now it's sitting right next to them. "Fly" has to be my most listened track from 2015. Thought these two albums are radically different with The Miner's Canary arguably doubling for a jazz album, they are both worthy of the top spot of best album of 2015.

Notable Tracks Cold Winter: All but, Cold Winter, Havanna Nights ft. Natti, and Jewelry ft. Emtre Hollis & Rob Jackson
Notable Tracks The Miner's Canary:All but, Canary Dreams ft. Cody Chesnutt, (Black&) Blues People ft. Christian Scott, and Fly feat. Ben L'Oncle Soul

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
Holy Shit! Akua Naru on GAF?!?!? It's like some cosmic convergence of things I never expected to mix. That's my home girl form the wayback machine. She has a song called "Divine Slave" we played it every day. I didn't know she blew-up as big as she did till just now.

Best Nerdcore Album of the Year

Toonami Tsunamis

Artist: Noveliss

Release Date: June 27

This was an easy choice for me as the competition in this genre isn't much. Nerdcore gets a lot of hate, but Noveliss aka J-Roc from Clear Soul Forces in genuinely good. There are some cats in the subgenre that I find are okay, and the rest are overwhelmingly terrible, but Noveliss good not for a nerdcore artist, but good period. Toonami Tsunamis is the second solo EP by the Clear Soul Forces member and it's full of the energy and talent that Noveliss is known for. Like the title of the EP suggests this is heavily centered around anime from the Toonami era of Cartoon Network. References to the likes of Dragonball Z, Naruto, and others are sprinkled throughout the project. With his freestyle-like flow and energy these don't come off cheesy or corny as is often the case, but raw and hard. The production on this album is decent. They have an ambient and slight electronic vibe to them with some tv static thrown in. If there was an instrumental version if it would be good for some study music. There isn't much more to say since this is only a six track ep, but it's a good project and a recommend to anyone wanting to get into nerdcore.

Most Disappointing Album of the Year

Peace or Power

Artist: Deacon the Villain

Release Date:

This solo album from CunninLynguists member Deacon The Villain was originally supposed to be released on September 30, but due to unknown reasons it was released the next day on the first of October. Peace or Power was a highly anticipated release for me since CunninLynguists is my favorite hip-hop group and their last few projects have been stellar. I wish I could say the same about Peace or Power. This is Deacon's first solo project. Some may bring up Niggaz with Latitude, but that was a duo project with Sheisty Khrist.

Deacon produced all the tracks on this album along with emceeing throughout most of it. Most of the instrumentals have a funk vibe to them, but they don't provide the same kind of energy or fun that funk sounds usually tend to bring. The non funk tracks aren't much better. They're not bad, just not memorable. On the vocal front Deacon's singing is a neutral element to me. It's usually just part of the hook and his voice is good enough for the purpose. His rhymes I'm more critical of. For a while I couldn't differentiate between Deacon the Villain and Natti when it came to rhyming. They both have similar voices, but thanks to this solo album I'm now able to distinguish them properly. Deacon's voice is a bit softer with less energy. As far as the rap skills go, I find Deacon's flow to be pretty average. There aren't any parts within the rhythm of it that catches my ear in a way to instill excitement. I ended up tuning him out majority of the time on my first listen. Lyrically, he is pretty sub par on this album as well. Little wordplay and he has a lack of making his words visual or an impact of any kind. Most of the featured artists on here actually outshine him and make what would otherwise be a mediocre song, good. I actually find myself listening to the Sheisty Khrist and Natti tracks most on this album.
This album isn't bad, but it's not good either. The overall result comes to an average album. I would recommend listen to the Natti and Sheisty tracks, and skip the rest. The album art is fantastic however.

Edit: I also forgot Sa-Roc's Legend of Black Moses was probably more disappointing than this considering Nebuchadnezzar was my #1 last year, but I don't feel like typing up a write-up on it right now.

Top Five Production Albums.

1. Origin
Producer: Vanilla
Release Date: September 20

Notable Tracks: Dreamcatcher, All in My Mind, and Summer

2. Cold Winter Instrumentals

Producer: Lo Fidel

Release Date: April 18

Notable Tracks: Cold Winter, Jewelry, Dreams

3. Chapter 10

Producer: Brock Berrigan

Notable Tracks: Chapter 10, The Preacher, Buisnessman Dave

4. Mixed Jawns III

Producer: Small Professor

Release Date: May 6

Notable Tracks: Nigga, i don't sleep, Think i made a wrong turn back there somewhere, Wish cops would stop killing unarmed black people

5. Hexual Sealings Pt. 8

Producer: Knxwledge

Release Date: January 27

Notable Tracks: E​.​R​[​WTT​]​_ realuhv​.​bkop​[​WTT], and mylove​[​WTT]

Top Ten Album Art

1. The Miner's Canary
This piece by Tamara Natalie wins the number spot for a riveting portrait of Akua Naru that displays remarkable talent, an interesting color palette, and representing the theme of the album successfully.

slum-village-yes-cover-680x680.jpg

2. Yes!

3. Peace or Power

4. Chapter 10

5. Cold Winter

6. Mixed Jawns III

RDF069-EFN-COVER_large.jpg

7. Another Time

8. Origin

jmt_the_thief_and_the_fallen_cover_w_sticker-500x500.jpg

9. The Thief and the Fallen

10. The Rapture: Live from Oaklandia

List of Albums I Listened to This Year:

Oddisee: The Good Fight
Sheisty Khrist x Lo Fidel: Cold Winter and Cold Winter Remixes/Instrumentals
Deacon The Villian: Peace or Power & Instrumentals One
Small Professor: Mixed Jawns III, Tiny Jawns, and Nasty Jawns III
Gavlyn: Make Up For Your Break Up
Pumpkin: PEINTURE FRAICHE | Vinyl, CD & Digital
20syl: Motifs
Bambu: 5 am in Manila & Red Rider
Rocky Rivera: Nom de Guerra
DJ Roza: Rose Gold
Cannibal Ox: Blade of the Ronin
ChocQuibTown: El Mismo
Chinese Man: Sho-Bro
Dead End Hip Hop x Salem Psalms: The Joint
DJ EFN: Another Time
Dutch Rebelle: Kiss Kiss
Esbe: Bloomsday
Jean Grae: isweatergod & Saix
Jedi Mind Tricks: The Thief and the Fallen
Knxwledge.: H​.​S​.​PRT9_, Hud Dreems, and Hexual Sealings Pt.8
Linn Mori: invisible vision
L'Orange & Kool Keith: Time? Astonishing!
Mega Ran and Storyville: Soul Veggies
Mega Ran: RNDM, Com Mission
Moderator: The World Within
Mura Masa: Someday Somewhere
Narcy: World War Free Now!
Noveliss: Toonami Tsunamis
Onra: Fundamentals
Papa J. Ruiz: HR 1955
Pete Rock: Petestrumentals 2
Pharoahe Monch: Lost in Translation
Poetic Death: Purity in Love and War
Rapper Big Pooh: Words Paint Pictures & Home Sweet Home
Red Pill: Look What This World Did To Us & Day Drunk
Sadistik x Kno: Phantom Limbs
Sahtyre: LSD
Sa-Roc: Extra-Terrestrial & Legend of Black Moses
SkyBlew: Jazz for Autumn Kismet
Slum Village: Yes!
Soul Chef: Good Vibes
Tairrie B: Vintage Curses
Vanilla: Origin
Zion I: The Rapture: Live from Oaklandia

Holy Shit! Akua Naru on GAF?!?!? It's like some cosmic convergence of things I never expected to mix. That's my home girl from the wayback machine. She has a song called "Divine Slave" we played it every day. I didn't know she blew-up as big as she did till just now.

Yeah, I think I'm one of the few on here who listens to her. I looked up that track you mentioned. Is it part of any particular ep or mixtape? I could only find low quality videos of it so I couldn't get a good grasp of it. If you only knew her from that one track from 08 I highly recommend you to check out The Miner's Canary and her two other albums. I linked them with the write-up.

SeanC

Thanks for this, bookmarking for a later read and some listening. I am so out of touch when it comes to rap and hip-hop of any sort these days.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
Yeah, I think I'm one of the few on here who listens to her. I looked up that track you mentioned. Is it part of any particular ep or mixtape? I could only find low quality videos of it so I couldn't get a good grasp of it. If you only knew her from that one track from 08 I highly recommend you to check out The Miner's Canary and her two other albums. I linked them with the write-up.

We used to do shows at the same venue, and hang around some of the same crowds in the Philly Underground Hip Hop scene. If they came through Philly AND was DOPE, I probably at least met them, maybe had a cypher or 2. Good Times.

sammelito

I just listened to Human Being by Zion I, the remix with some other collaborators.

Holy shit. Now that's what I'm talking about.

edit: Does anybody know of any similar tracks? Really enjoy hip-hop with that kind of music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom