• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D flight from a full-size heli!! 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

I've never seen anything like this before.

That's a full-sized German BO-105 heli doing rolls and loops. 8O I'm planning on getting into RC helis in the near future, and someone posted a link to this vid. Some of you might know that model helis can do something called 3D flight. Basically anything you want in 3-dimensions can be done. Inverted flight, tumbles, rolls, loops, the whole nine. However, the power:weight ratio and material strength of the rotors works well for models. I didn't know you could pull this sort of stuff off in full-scale.

I expect that in the coming decades, we'll see stunt choppers and maybe even some scout military craft that'll be able to sustain inverted hover and even perform inverted maneuvers. It's just about getting stiffer rotors and a better p:w ratio. But for now, a heli of that size doing stunts like that is extremely impressive IMO. I've seen stall turns before, but nothing inverted. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom