• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

50 minutes gameplay of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 w/ GameXplain & Treehouse

Looks like the opening area of the game?

From a quick skim through it does seem to be less eventful than Xenoblade X - though that game did start with the last of humanity crashlanding onto an unknown planet, and you discovering what became of that spaceship you were all on...

kkg1701

Only one problem with these videos; I WANT MORE!
Can't wait for December!

EDIT: And I'm really feeling the music!

jpadula

Neo Member
Wont watch! All blind till december 1:)

I had great time with XCX. Like really - one of my best games ever. it totally nailed what I like in games (exploration, complexity, big unknown world on unknown planet etc).

XC2 is different but still gona like it;

Looks like the opening area of the game?

From a quick skim through it does seem to be less eventful than Xenoblade X - though that game did start with the last of humanity crashlanding onto an unknown planet, and you discovering what became of that spaceship you were all on...
There's no telling what happened before they aired this gameplay. Also, I think they were trying to minimize spoilers.

darklink28

Neo Member
Does anyone know, have review copies gone out?

I'm being told by some random guy some outlets have them. I've been told decisions haven't been made and won't for another week.

Does anyone have any insight about this? I'm not a huge outlet, but I'm not small (40k US Alexa Ranking) reaching at least 100k Unique hits per month (that's a low estimate).

I know the Wii U was the Wii U, but I got Xenoblade X on a site through my personal contact (she's gone now) for a site that like was 2 months old and getting like 3-4k hits per months. That review put us on the map. People simply thought it was that good.

I personally don't think this rep would lie to me. She said they are deciding in like a week. But have most review copies gone out yet?

Jezan

The characters designs are horrible. Also that fucking fetish of scantily clad girls being the weapon of the protagonist, why?

Please Monolith Soft just go back to XCX2, but keep the kids out of the party this time.

Astral Dog

The characters designs are horrible. Also that fucking fetish of scantily clad girls being the weapon of the protagonist, why?

Please Monolith Soft just go back to XCX2, but keep the kids out of the party this time.
Nonono Xenoblade X's plot was HORRIBLE, ill take generic animu trash to tired Tatsu jokes and barely any cutscene 😣
though i really enjoyed Xenoblade 1 plot and localization so i hope 2 gets some of dat magic despite appareances

RPGCrazied

Someone should have asked them if you really can't change armor looks in the game? I guess they would have shown that off by now if you could.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Heh!

Personally i think the designs are great but then again i also liked the character designs in the first game as well as in X when most people hated them.

The biggest problem Xenoblade X wasn't the character design, it was the horrible 3D models of those characters.

The biggest problem Xenoblade X wasn't the character design, it was the horrible 3D models of those characters.
Or may be lack of a strong, central story. I think the hype took some of us over. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 seems back to a strong, story based experience with enhanced exploration and combat from the original.

Top Bottom