• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

50th Anniversary Collection - Arcade Classics by Konami classified in Australia

Andyliini

A few days ago, Konami registered a game on Australia called 50th Anniversary Collection - Arcade Classics, you can read about the game here.
The page does not tell you much else than that, but some kind of Arcade Collection from Konami seems to be underway.
Hopefully they can secure right for some old TMNT-games, and and more.
I personally hope for some Castlevania titles as well.

KOMANI

KOMANI
It’s going to be the non rare games like frogger, twinbee, pooyan.
I would love for it to include the Contra arcade games, Aliens, GI Joe, Asterix.

angelic

Banned
Konami certainly have a solid history of remasters.

CjJRynVWUAAFWzf.jpg

Ozrimandias

No TMNT, No Xmen......
Probably Sunset Raiders, Contra, Parodius, Frogger, Haunted Castle Track & Field among others

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That has nothing to do with cheapness. That has to do more with losing/throwing away the source code and their fonts that they used.

Yep, from what I read, Hijinx had to work off an earlier build because the final source code was lost.

angelic

Banned
That has nothing to do with cheapness. That has to do more with losing/throwing away the source code and their fonts that they used.

So you're saying the terrible sh collection, handed off to an inexperienced mobile developer, that wasnt patched on 360 to avoid the fee, that couldnt even use a ripped pc texture or even a photographed image of the iconic silent hill sign so therefore used comic fucking sans, had nothing to do with being cheap? In which case, you cannot be helped.

KOMANI

KOMANI
So you're saying the terrible sh collection, handed off to an inexperienced mobile developer, that wasnt patched on 360 to avoid the fee, that couldnt even use a ripped pc texture or even a photographed image of the iconic silent hill sign so therefore used comic fucking sans, had nothing to do with being cheap? In which case, you cannot be helped.
Why does everyone feel they need to win debates on these forums? You’re doubling down on a statement that you’re wrong on. On top of that you end off your statement with a dickish remark. I provided you video evidence why the font is wrong in the hd collection. But go on man, continue thinking you’re all righteous. I’m not wasting my saturday arguing with you.

Bakkus

I know little of programming, but fonts surely can't be hard to re-create

93xfan

Banned
I hate the Contra arcade. It’s just so vastly inferior to the NES game in terms of gameplay. Is there a reason why we can never get the NES version, even on Nintendo Consoles?

Also, wish we got some TMNT arcade games, without the redone character select art, like on 360. I’d pay $30 just for those two games.

DW74

Of the ever-diminshing number of old game houses, few have the stable of IPs that Konami does. Maybe Capcom.

It's just a shame they don't do anything with them and haven't for a long time.

SALMORE

probably just 80s stuff , like the recent SNK collection but i hope they add some 90s games like Sunset Riders & Martial Champion

Top Bottom