• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4 Play 10/20/2017: THE FARMER WITHIN

ZHZn9Zd.png

8-4 Play 10/20/2017: THE FARMER WITHIN
The Evil Within 2, Stardew Valley, Donkey Kong Country, South Park: The Fractured but Whole, Dragon Quest XI, Nintendo World Championships, Super NT, Mario Odyssey speedruns, and more!

Running Time: 1:20:24
・ Direct Download (46.1MB)
・ Subscribe to 8-4 Play via iTunes
・ Subscribe to 8-4 Play via RSS Feed
・ Follow 8-4 Play on Twitter (twitter.com/84play)
・ Follow 8-4 on Facebook (facebook.com/hachinoyon)

Time – Topic Discussed:
1:32 – Donkey Kong Country
9:30 – Stardew Valley
22:42 – The Evil Within 2
43:00 – South Park: The Fractured But Whole
45:30 – Dragon Quest XI
57:20 – News: Switch update, Odyssey amiibo unlockables, Nintendo World Championships, new Oculus, Super NT, Mario Odyssey speed runs, Visceral closing
1:15:58 – Closing Comments

Strings

Looking forward to that Evil Within 2 discussion, especially after seeing how positive a bunch of you were on twitter.

EDIT: Not a true crime podcast? But that DQXI guess at the end was murder!

I'm so sorry.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Ha, that's the description from the previous episode.

Here's the correct one!

The Evil Within 2, Stardew Valley, Donkey Kong Country, South Park: The Fractured but Whole, Dragon Quest XI, Nintendo World Championships, Super NT, Mario Odyssey speedruns, and more!

John's talk of DQ11 has me super excited for its release. Here's to hoping we get as many versions as possible in the West.

I'm looking forward to the next episode to hear all the talk about Super Mario Odyssey. It's always a blast when the whole crew is excited about the same game.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Okay, so, this is a personal and somewhat complex web of nonsense involving a highly unstable individual I was friends and briefly FWBs with, but I can only assume there will be a never-ending clusterfuck on gaf now until the end of time, which inevitably involves you guys and gals on the mod team in some way, so I'm an open book here. The woman in question ended up being completely psychotic and held a grudge against me after a bizarre love triangle situation developed a few years ago between me, her, and another girl (the other girl I ended up in a long-term relationship with shortly thereafter). This NOLA story she apparently just put up on social media is a delusion of a deeply disturbed person who had a total psychological breakdown as a result of me and the other girl getting together, because she (phew, yeah...) became obsessively infatuated with the other girl (she's bi) on sight when the three of us met up. I wanted to just stay friends with the girl making the accusation and made it super super clear ahead of time that me and the other girl were interested in each other romantically and that could play out as such when we met up. Supposedly this was not a problem for her from accusation, but in reality she uhhh wanted me to die painfully after seeing me and the other girl interact. Plus she became infatuated with the other girl simultaneously to this (she's bi), which created the aforementioned bizarre love triangle that ended up causing her to implode and have an apparently very intense and long-lasting grudge. The whole story about how that love triangle thing played out is, frankly, nuts and scary, and involves this girl bringing us to a compound of dangerous scientology spinoff cultists on that same trip, who roofied us, attempted to recruit/scam me and attempted to abduct/rape the girl I ended up dating, in what was a fucking scary situation that resulted in me and the other girl and the rest of my friend circle never speaking to this girl from the accusation again.

1upsuper

I find it weird how much people hate Donkey Kong Country these days. It was widely acclaimed in the 90's.

DKC very much follows euro-platforming sensibilities and a lot of console gamers didn't/don't have a lot of exposure to them. I'm personally not a big fan.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Okay, so, this is a personal and somewhat complex web of nonsense involving a highly unstable individual I was friends and briefly FWBs with, but I can only assume there will be a never-ending clusterfuck on gaf now until the end of time, which inevitably involves you guys and gals on the mod team in some way, so I'm an open book here. The woman in question ended up being completely psychotic and held a grudge against me after a bizarre love triangle situation developed a few years ago between me, her, and another girl (the other girl I ended up in a long-term relationship with shortly thereafter). This NOLA story she apparently just put up on social media is a delusion of a deeply disturbed person who had a total psychological breakdown as a result of me and the other girl getting together, because she (phew, yeah...) became obsessively infatuated with the other girl (she's bi) on sight when the three of us met up. I wanted to just stay friends with the girl making the accusation and made it super super clear ahead of time that me and the other girl were interested in each other romantically and that could play out as such when we met up. Supposedly this was not a problem for her from accusation, but in reality she uhhh wanted me to die painfully after seeing me and the other girl interact. Plus she became infatuated with the other girl simultaneously to this (she's bi), which created the aforementioned bizarre love triangle that ended up causing her to implode and have an apparently very intense and long-lasting grudge. The whole story about how that love triangle thing played out is, frankly, nuts and scary, and involves this girl bringing us to a compound of dangerous scientology spinoff cultists on that same trip, who roofied us, attempted to recruit/scam me and attempted to abduct/rape the girl I ended up dating, in what was a fucking scary situation that resulted in me and the other girl and the rest of my friend circle never speaking to this girl from the accusation again.

RE: the talk about the threads getting smaller, I can't speak for anyone else but I end up missing a lot of the threads because I don't always see them while browsing and the default search wasn't great at pulling them up, so I simply don't see them a lot of the time.

An 8-4 Community thread would be cool. I feel like it could be a way to get people into the podcast who don't yet listen. Plus people could ask questions and talk about older episodes all in one place.

I'd be up for creating the first post with info about the show, the hosts, and recommended episodes if that's the route things go.

I am not going to read an 8-4 mega thread. Same deal with Idle Thumbs, discussions just got way to insular. Happy to hear the positive buzz about Evil Within continue. One of these days I will play a Dragon Quest game...

Last week's episode with the interview was great. This week's episode was also good.

Top Bottom