• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Colin Kaepernick drama series from Ava DuVernay is in the works at Netflix

brap

Banned
Had no idea this guy was black lmao

Colin Kaepernick is getting the Hollywood treatment in a new Netflix show from Ava DuVernay.

DuVernay is working on a six-episode Netflix limited drama series about the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback, according to The Hollywood Reporter. It will be titled Colin in Black & White and, according to the Reporter, will "examine Kaepernick's adolescent life, focusing on his high school years and the acts and experiences that led him to become the activist he is today."

Kaepernick, who while in the NFL kickstarted a movement to kneel during the national anthem to protest police brutality and racial injustice, will produce and serve as narrator for the show. The series will be written by Michael Starrbury, and DuVernay will produce, although Deadline reports it's unclear if she'll direct as well. DuVernay and Starrbury last year worked with Netflix on When They See Us, an acclaimed limited series about the Central Park Five case.

"With his act of protest, Colin Kaepernick ignited a national conversation about race and justice with far-reaching consequences for football, culture and for him, personally," DuVernay said. "Colin's story has much to say about identity, sports and the enduring spirit of protest and resilience. I couldn't be happier than to tell this story with the team at Netflix."

Kaepernick said the show will "explore the racial conflicts I faced as an adopted Black man in a white community, during my high school years." He added, "It's an honor to bring these stories to life in collaboration with Ava for the world to see."

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Had no idea this guy was black lmao

Hard to fault you. He looked maybe Arab at most before he went full black panther mode.

599b75f021c1ca184e9ef55e7538b913.jpg

highrider

Banned
I don’t begrudge him cashing in on woke virtue, it’s easy money if you tic the right boxes. I do begrudge him acting like he’s still trying to ball. Naw breh.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
TLDR and Spoilers.

White people are racist.

THE END.

Maybe people just dont like someone disrespecting the flag and Anthem and it had nothing to do with this Arab guys supposed black skin. Kinda like how burning the flag leads to tearing down statutes and leads to riots and the end of freedom of speech, nah can't be that.

Its actually very fitting. Him pissing on America really was a catalyst for everything we are seeing today. Its his attitude is why the country is being destroyed. He shouldn't be celebrated as a hero he should be jailed as a terrorist.

diffusionx

Gold Member
If you have a problem with this blatant woke propaganda but have a Netflix subscription you are part of the problem. You’re subsidizing people who hate you. Just stop being a mindless consoomer and cancel.

cryptoadam

Banned
I wonder how they will make his white adoptive parents into bad people

They used their white privilege to rob him of his black identity. The injected their white supremacy onto him. And as racist they only thing they could think that a black person could do was play sports so they forced him into playing for millions of dollars in the NFL.

Back in the slavery days white families would take black kids away and raise them as their own as a way to show their WHITE POWER. What his parents did was just a continuation of the racist practice.

By the end of the movie Kap will doxxx his own parents and have the mobs go and burn down their house and get them fired from their jobs. Teach those racists a lesson.

Top Bottom