• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alphasnakes cousin attacks me on other forum...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
cause I said the DB's in Espn 2k5 are retarded and that I can call a hot routes and catch the ball 90% of the time in triple,double and man coverage.I also made a comment which is true..that I can run the same play in over and over on Legend mode against the computer and the D AI never adjusts to what I'm doing,its not a money play when you can do it on everything you call.

Oh well I'll let you read this since it pissed me off..

PS- Magoosh is my screen name on the forum...

"OMG Magoosh what are you retarded, that what you are doing is in every fucken NFL game it's called a "Money Play," and compare the amount of "Money Plays" the ESPN 2K5 has compared to ESPN 2K4, also Madden had many Money Plays also, and i after experiencing ESPN NFL 2K5 i would have to change my stance and say that Madden 2004 was a better game then ESPN 2K4 because of things like Rushing was too easy in 2K4 but then again Passing was too easy in Madden 2004.

I'm sorry magoosh but every NFL game has Money Plays, which are plays where you will make the pass and probably get yards almost 90% of the time.

"Certain in and out routes, with good receivers, pretty much turn into money plays where, if you time the pass right, you can get a completion around 80 percent of the time. Cranking the difficulty up to all-pro (from the default pro difficulty) remedies this a bit, because coverage gets tighter, and it's easier to throw interceptions when being careless."
- By Alex Navarro, Gamespot - ESPN NFL 2K4

Now as for the Rushing game that has been fixed from 2K4, it's not that easy to just switch which way you are going without having any delay in 2K5, which was 1 of the biggest flaws in 2K4 and those who have played both will notice it.

Another thing fixed in this game was the Passing game, receivers don't drop the ball as much especially when they are wide open. This will take some time in the game to notice.

Ok now there are defenitly flaws to ESPN 2K5 and that comes in like every other game. Now the game is fairly easy on it's default setting which makes it boring unless you you change the setting to All-Pro or Legend. Then the AI becomes a lot better, but as for defense goes the AI in ESPN 2K5 has always had better converage on defense then Madden will ever have. Everyone knows that Maddens biggest flaw was it's defense conerage, even on All-Madden it was horrid. Like i've always complained about Madden the 1 biggest flaw in Madden was the Defense Coverage, and i am not the only one that sees that, if they would to fix that which year after year they have done jack shit to it, Madden would be the greatest NFL game out. This Defensive Coverage flaw in Madden 2004 allows you to complete every pass possible.

As for features, ESPN 2K5 is not as good as Madden is. I say this because it's obvious, Madden has some of the best features including the way the Franchise Mode is set up. ESPN 2K5 First-Person isn't anything special and is kind of stupid i mean they can keep it in as a feature but it's not that real when you play it, because your actual sight would be a lot greater. ESPN 2K5 online setup is horrid compared to any other game i have every played Online. The Franchise mode has improved significantly from 2K4 but still i will agree that it doens't match Madden's Franchise mode. The only significant feature change which i don't use much but i hear people using it a lot is the VIP feature in ESPN 2K5.

I'm sorry Magoosh but to call this game Arcade and not simulated is just screaming our of Bias over Madden, because anyone that knows Football can see that ESPN has evolved from 2K3 and 2K4 which i will agree that were more arcade but now they have set it down. The overall gameplay i love in ESPN 2K5, there are some flaws that are noticable after playing for a while but there biggest flaws are the features and the way they set-up Franhcise mode, which Madden is better on.

If you call ESPN 2K5 Arcade then i guess my friend scoring over 50 points in Madden 2004 on All-Madden isn't to you.

Every game no matter what has it's different feel to it but you can't call Madden nor ESPN Arcade, atleast after ESPN 2K3 you can't call it Arcade."

DMczaf

Now the game is fairly easy on it's default setting which makes it boring unless you you change the setting to All-Pro or Legend. Then the AI becomes a lot better, but as for defense goes the AI in ESPN 2K5 has always had better converage on defense then Madden will ever have

Bwahahaha, I got some circling CBs I'd like him to talk to.

every game does have money plays, but not every game has CB's running around the WR's in circles. not every game has offensive linemen looking at DT's going in for the sack instead of blocking, not every game has a lot of these problems.

i'm tired of complaining about ESPN, because it no longer angers me. instead, i just sit and laugh at all the garbage that goes on. literally, if i play bob or DM all we do is sit there and review plays and laugh at them all game long. i can't even have a fucking serious game if i have my mic on because me and my opponent are busy mocking and laughing at this game.

even with all that said, i have fun with the game. take that for what you will

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea I have fun with the game too,but some of the shit that came out of his mouth reminds me of Konex.

Top Bottom