• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Prime Memberships Drop To $67 On Friday Only [new members only]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

did we ever get a clear cut understanding on how the sharing of amazon prime accounts work. AKA I know older accounts will for sure be able to share the same way until the membership is up, but when you go to renew it will that stay true? I mean the new method in general is so dumb.... no way in heck that I would ever trust anyone in my family with my credit card @_@

either way I think personally getting a fire phone works better for me as I need a new phone and they are getting down to $110 with a free year of prime and there really isn't any phone that can compete specs wise for $50 (after reducing the cost of prime).

BigMack

Thanks for posting this. Couldn't get it to work on the mobile site or app. Had to get on the laptop. But I got it for $67 easily enough from there.

I've had Prime before but let it lapse back in March for those wondering about lapsed accounts vs new ones.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Yup, I had Prime in the past but not atm, and it let me get the deal.

Also ordered One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 with free same day delivery, thank you based Bezos.

Daingurse

Meh. Now that everybody can price match Amazon, I don't see the point. I used to buy almost everything from there but now I only go online to PM them, lol. Same price and I don't have to wait a few days.

Really kinda depends on the kind of shopper you are. I honestly don't have any desire to shop in a physical store unless I need to, so I still get a convenience factor with Amazon.

Man, renewed my account on the 18th damn it, could have took advantage of this.

I've had Amazon Prime Student for like 4 years. It recently cancelled, and I let my Prime membership lapse.

I picked up this deal at $67 no problem.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Just picked this up, but why the hell am I paying sales tax on a membership fee? Kinda bullshit.

Jimrpg

The only problem is that international shipping is still really expensive for anything other than a DVD/game. My 27" monitor was $75 shipping to Malaysia, a kids book rack was $40 ( the book rack itself was $25). I wanted to get a kids toy organizer, shipping was $200 ( the item itself was $100). If they can sort out international shipping to be a bit more reasonable, Amazon is going to take over the world. So many things there I just can't get locally.

Without that Amazon prime isn't as good a deal.

Carm

Happy about this, I missed out on that Fire Phone+Prime for $130 because I hesitated to long. Instant Video isn't great but I buy enough to justify $67 when I get cash back on Amazon purchases already.

zma1013

I guess I'm dumb because I don't see how to actually buy this. I'm on a free trial at the moment but it's ending soon. Where do I go to actually pay for it?

Meh. Now that everybody can price match Amazon, I don't see the point. I used to buy almost everything from there but now I only go online to PM them, lol. Same price and I don't have to wait a few days.

Its because some of us don't want to go to the store 5 times a week, and Amazon (and other online stores) offers many things that might not be easily to find at your local store. For example REI didn't have the Osprey pack I was looking for, and it would of taken 5 to 7 days for them to ship it to me. Amazon had it to me in 2 days at a lesser price plus no tax. Also while big box stores like Best Buy will price match (to be clear I buy video games and most of my electronics from physical stores), most of us buy different type stuff online. I'm not white knighting Amazon, but your post about online shopping with your 'Meh' and 'lol' is like from 2001.

Prime member for years, never paid anything.

Most years I only pay $15 (sharing memberships).

I guess I'm dumb because I don't see how to actually buy this. I'm on a free trial at the moment but it's ending soon. Where do I go to actually pay for it?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prime/pip...ampaignId=PrimePromo&ref=dvm_us_promo_prime67

It will only let me pay $99 (changes when I put it in the cart), since I am currently on prime. I don't see how to gift it.

zigg

I judged $100 to be too high and dropped it when my renewal came along last year.

At checkout it seems I still qualify. Still debating whether I want it at $67 or not though. I haven't really missed it.

meanwhile I just reupped for 100.

QE8hREXIgRXeo.gif

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I had Prime Student, then when I graduated they cracked down. Reupped for $99. Canceled in February of this year - joined my mom's Prime since all I needed was the shipping.

All that to say, I can upgrade to full Prime for $67, and the promotion is available to me. It got applied in the cart. I think I'll pull the trigger, because by the time it expires, I will be in graduate school and able to do Amazon Student again.

Edit: And I don't have to gift it. So I think when they say new members, they mean if you don't currently have Prime.

I'm trying to gift prime to myself but it keeps showing $99 in the final checkout. Is the discount applied after the order is placed?

never mind... Amazon closed the loophole to gift prime at discount.

Krakn3Dfx

Looks like gifting is disabled for this deal. Amazon locking it down from the people who want to gift codes for later use.

I'm seriously considering cancelling my Netflix for a year and going with Prime Video. Not because there's anything wrong with Netflix, but just to have a different selection and change things up. Plus I'll save a bit of money with this offer vs Netflix.

I like how they don't let their current amazon subs benefit off the sale.

I'm seriously considering cancelling my Netflix for a year and going with Prime Video. Not because there's anything wrong with Netflix, but just to have a different selection and change things up. Plus I'll save a bit of money with this offer vs Netflix.

I wouldn't cancel Netflix. Amazon has barely anything on Prime Video.

I don't think so. I can't do that.

They may have changed this. There was no restriction before. Either that, or the instructions on how to gift yourself are very specific.

Keep Netflix. We have Prime exclusively to save money, but there's definitely more variety on Netflix. Prime at the discounted price today is <$6 a month, so it doesn't hurt to try both for a little bit and see.

How do you get this?

It was by people selling their Amazon Prime sub accounts, but Amazon changed the way it does Amazon sub accounts (it is now more like Apple's family sharing) so the $15 Prime is pretty much gone. I think only grandfathered people can do it, but if they ever move off the shared account they lose it.

I like how they don't let their current amazon subs benefit off the sale.

I wouldn't cancel Netflix. Amazon has barely anything on Prime Video.

Hannibal, The Americans, Justified, The Shield, Banshee, Vikings, Transparent, Mr. Robot, Jeremy Clarkson's new show, Mozart in the Jungle.

That's a lot of great stuff that isn't on Netflix. Not to mention the HBO stuff.

Grym

sweet. Now that I finally have Prime give me some diamonds in the rough for tv/movies on the service.

First thing for me will be to watch the rest of Six Feet Under. I have a list of other shows to watch but am not really sure about their movie selection....I'm kinda browsing through it now. Any really good under-the-radar documentary stuff worth taking a look at? Or other movies (other than "He-Man and She-Ra: A Christmas Special" of course. That one goes to the top of the list)?

Caja 117

Was planing to do Prime this year, and couldn't stop to the opportunity now, Im working to be a cable-cutter, and this is my first step for it.

Amazon has been such a bad value proposition for years now, especially with other places price matching them. Still way too much money for prime.

Armadilo

Banned
So I add to the cart and it says " get $30 off instantly upon approval of a Amazon Visa rewards card" is it a trap ? and not what I want ?

ed_fusion

Banned
always considered getting it all these years, so i just signed up...

Already using it and watching Strike Back Season 1....

look forward to increasing my bluray collection now also thanks to the prime deals...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom