• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD Radeon RX 460 reviews

Sort of disappointing that these are mostly slightly better to no better than a GTX 950 which started coming in a bus powered variety early this year, twice the RAM at a theoretically slightly lower price is pretty nice though.

Has there been any word on when a GTX 1050 would come out and whether it would be bus powered? Always like to be on the lookout for ambassador cards to shove in people's dells.

I knew my 950 would age quickly but i'm kind of impressed with the performance of the 460 for it's rather low price.

*edit* ok maybe not as good looking at more benchmarks, but I love the jump in fps for doom under vulkan.

Bolivar687

Banned
Looks significantly faster than the GTX 960 in DX12 and Vulkan according to the Guru3D review. Lots of benchmarks where it approaches and reaches playable 30fps in 1440p Ultra too.

Pretty great for an entry level build but once prices normalize I expect most will want to spend the $50 more for the RX 470.

slash000

Zeboyd Games
I'm actually more impressed than I thought I'd be.

Like the other Polaris cards, these do really great in Vulkan/DX12. This thing looks like it mostly sits with or just under a GTX 950, but in DX12/Vulkan it beats out a 960 a lot of the time. And it's sure as hell better than a 750ti, for a lower price.

For like $110-$120 for partner boards.

It's basically a decent, $110 budget 1080p-Medium card with a good outlook for Vulkan/DX12 and OKish performance for price in DX11.

Nheco

I think it hits exactly the spot that it's aimed, but honestly I don't see it as a big success, imo the crown goes to gtx 470.

This will most likely be the card to replace my old but reliable ATI Radeon 5770(Still fucking amazing that a 2009 card lasted last gen and this gen still gaming at 1600 x 900) .

Durante

Interesting that this level of cards (from both manufacturers) seems to actually have somewhat worse price/performance than the RX470/GTX970 level -- at least going by Computerbase. I'm not really following developments in this price range much, so that price/performance is not more or less a monotonous function which decreases with higher prices was surprising to me.

Anyway, if the benchmarks show one thing it's that no one should buy the 2GB version at this point.

Irobot82

Does anyone know how well AMD's and Nvidia relationship is with China. Sometimes I wonder if these small cards are really geared for emerging markets.

LOLCats

Banned
i want a smaller one... i don't need 2 damn fans on my video card in my HTPC...

i want the reference model AMD shows on their website.

Interesting that this level of cards (from both manufacturers) seems to actually have somewhat worse price/performance than the RX470/GTX970 level -- at least going by Computerbase. I'm not really following developments in this price range much, so that price/performance is not more or less a monotonous function which decreases with higher prices was surprising to me.

Anyway, if the benchmarks show one thing it's that no one should buy the 2GB version at this point.

Not sure if I'm reading it wrong but digital trends says otherwise?:

In our tests, the AMD Radeon RX 460 generally came in just a bit short of the Radeon R7 370. That may sound disappointing, given the R7 370 was already the star of AMD’s previous budget line – but the R7 370 is currently priced from $130 to $160. The RX 460, at $109, is significantly more affordable.

It should be noted, of course, that the RX 460 we reviewed is $140. We don’t think you should buy this particular Sapphire model. The extra video memory is unnecessary and contributes almost nothing to the performance. If you do have $140 to spend, it’s clear the R7 370 with 2GB of memory is where you should head.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/video-...-nitro-radeon-rx-460-oc-review/#ixzz4GnEF2fLp

Top Bottom