• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Transformers Movie in the Bumblebee Reboot Universe Officially Coming!

ManaByte

Following a lengthy search, Paramount Pictures and Hasbro Studios have set Steven Caple Jr. to direct the new Transformers pic in the reinvented universe.

Transformers has been one of Paramount’s biggest draws since the franchise was launched in 2007, grossing more than $4 billion worldwide over five films. Following the release of 2017’s Transformers: The Last Knight, director Michael Bay parted ways with the series to focus on new original material. After that, the studio decided to do a full revamp of the property, starting with a writers room that would develop multiple ways to pursue a new film, leading to 2018’s Bumblebee.

Bumblebee was actually filmed as a prequel to the Bayformer movies. They did test screenings with that version and it had Megatron frozen in the ice and the appliances became Transformers like in one of the Bayformer movies.

But then when they did reshoots they removed most of the Bayformer stuff to make it a reboot and we got THIS:

Ballthyrm

Bumblebee was pretty good, really showed that you need an animation director behind the camera to get good transformers.
It felt a little bit like the old Herbie line of Disney movie

The animation guy did such a good job with Bumblebee I was sure they'd want him back. He had perfect control over framing and movement.
Bayhem is fine (The Last Knight is my favourite) but I wanted more movies like Bumblebee.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
The animation guy did such a good job with Bumblebee I was sure they'd want him back. He had perfect control over framing and movement.
Bayhem is fine (The Last Knight is my favourite) but I wanted more movies like Bumblebee.
I never botherd with the last knight. I was done after age of extinction. It was legit good?

Last edited:
I thought Bumblebee was hot garbage.

tenor.gif

GreyHorace

Bumblebee was so good and actually made me excited for another Transformers movie. That said:

I want the first ten minutes or however long it was of that movie to be a whole movie.

This. They really should stop shoehorning humans into these movies. The draw has always been the robots so give us what we want.

Last edited:
Top Bottom