• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone had any experience/got any tips for marketing a new website?

bitbydeath

I have a non-gaming related website going live, hopefully within the next week or so.

I have a phase one and phase two campaign plan in the making, and am interested in hearing if anyone has any do’s/don’ts/magic bullet tips from prior experiences?

ParaSeoul

Don't mess with this guy
Hulk Hogan Wrestling GIF

FunkMiller

No magic bullets. You need a strong offer, preferably with an equally strong USP. Make sure you know who your customer is, down to as granular a level as you can, and ensure marketing is targeted and focused. Maintain continuity across all platforms. Building a recognisable brand is paramount. Keep copy simple and punchy. Make the user experience easy and fast.

That’ll be $500, please.

anthony2690

Banned
I accept bribes, I'll tell my neogaf buddies about your site for a fee 😉

I'll even tell them it's great (watch it be a fursuit outfitter site now) 😱

Joking aside, I feel like different advertising/marketing works for different kinds of websites.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

No magic bullets. You need a strong offer, preferably with an equally strong USP. Make sure you know who your customer is, down to as granular a level as you can, and ensure marketing is targeted and focused. Maintain continuity across all platforms. Building a recognisable brand is paramount. Keep copy simple and punchy. Make the user experience easy and fast.

That’ll be $500, please.
My customer is me, i'm building a site for writers because what I'm looking for I can't find.

bitbydeath

I accept bribes, I'll tell my neogaf buddies about your site for a fee 😉

I'll even tell them it's great (watch it be a fursuit outfitter site now) 😱

Joking aside, I feel like different advertising/marketing works for different kinds of websites.
I don't know, I don't want to have to ban a bunch of people....

Currently, I'm going with LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook for phase one.

Top Bottom