• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone reduce brightness for night levels?

I'm currently playing AC4 Black Flag and I think the game still looks good for an early PS4 game. However, I have been to places similar and the night is really dark without any cities nearby. So I thought, I should reduce the ingame brightness like I did back for Far Cry 2 and MGS5... The game looks spectacular with 1/10 or 2/10 brightness (for night levels only)...

I can't be the only one who does this? I'm playing on the C1 Oled and it crushes the SHIT out of blacks, but IRL, in the wilderness you can't really see shit so I guess it's okay this time. For day time I set it to 5/10, the og settings.

Anyone done this to fix an older game's night lightning?

Graciaus

I hate not being able to see. The first thing I did after modding the hell out of Skyrim was figure out how to increase the night brightness since you couldn't see anything without a light source. Realism isn't always fun.

Roni

Gold Member
I'm currently playing AC4 Black Flag and I think the game still looks good for an early PS4 game. However, I have been to places similar and the night is really dark without any cities nearby. So I thought, I should reduce the ingame brightness like I did back for Far Cry 2 and MGS5... The game looks spectacular with 1/10 or 2/10 brightness (for night levels only)...

I can't be the only one who does this? I'm playing on the C1 Oled and it crushes the SHIT out of blacks, but IRL, in the wilderness you can't really see shit so I guess it's okay this time. For day time I set it to 5/10, the og settings.

Anyone done this to fix an older game's night lightning?
Brightness settings are a constant struggle for me as well, each game does something different and there I go into my TV settings.

Also play horror and stealth games with low brightness to enhance the experience!

Top Bottom