• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arenajuegos: Original Metal Gear Solid Remake is still in development,

Draugoth

Gold Member
Original%20Metal%20Gear%20Solid%20Remake.webp

According to the Spanish website Areajugones, Konami has been working on the original Metal Gear Solid remake for years, and after Metal Gear Solid Delta is released, the remake will be the studio's primary priority.

The report claimed,

"Multiple sources tell us that Konami is still working on a remake of the first installment, although right now Metal Gear Solid Delta is a priority in the studio."

According to the website sources, the Metal Gear Solid remake would only be accessible on the PS5, not the PS4, suggesting that this potential upcoming title is restricted to the current generation of consoles. Although a Windows or Xbox release was not mentioned, it seems likely that the Metal Gear Solid remake will be distributed like that of Metal Gear Solid Delta, which will be available on PlayStation, Xbox, and Windows.

I really don’t see the point, please make new games
You're right, too many Remakes making new games look bad in comparison.
They should focus on making new games actually good and take note of what those older games did right.
Theres legitimately people out there who look at ps1 games the way we look at cave drawings. Shit is ridiculous.
I agree with this...but not for Konami. At least not yet. They are barely dipping their toes back into the video game pool and you guys are wanting them to throw a large amount of money into a new unproven I.P. when they don't even know themselves if the public still hates them, if their old I.P. will still sell well, or if they even care about getting back into the video game business.

I'll take remakes as baby steps instead.

Last edited:
This is like the fifth time I've heard that Metal Gear Solid is getting a remake
I remember hearing Bluepoint was gonna remake the game in 2020/2021

Here's the point: game development has become so bloated and takes so much time and money to finish that these companies think the only way to basically guarantee a return of investment is to sell people a game they already know they like, rather than take a risk with something new
According to the Insomniac leaks, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart has still not turned a profit

Last edited:

Dis

Should’ve started with MGS2

“Everybody remembers who they where and pay for it daily”

While I agree with the sentiment, I have 0 hopes for a new Konami game, let alone one in the MGS franchise so I will take what I can.
I for one would be open to David Hayter writing, directing, and starring in a new Metal Gear game. Dude has writing chops, and gets the Solid Snake character.

Who makes a remake of a remake first, Konami or Capcom.
Probably Capcom, with Re-REmake. I bet it will be the grand finale of their remake series.

Last edited:

EDMIX

No.

They made that Metal Gear Survive shit and it completely flopped.

Their best bet without that main team anymore, just remake the older ones that already have an established story and add in the mechanics of MGSV in terms of movement, gameplay etc

This is one of the rare times where I'd actually support them just remaking the series vs attempting a new entry.
Remaking it a second time...

I know some people hate Twin Snakes, but just remaster that. I liked the MGS2 aiming that was added to it.

God no lol That makes no sense. We are talking about a game over 20 years old lol Soooooo remaking it a second time, regardless of people repeating the fucking "derrr remaking it a second time" or "remake of da remake" doesn't change that we are talking about a game that released over 20 years ago sir

I called this shit long ago

The first remake of a remake likely would be Resident Evil 1 or MGS1

I see no law saying that remaking a game once, means you can't do it again and i have zero clue why gamers act as if its some sin or something disregarding the generations and the 2 decades that have passed. It would be very, very fucking stupid of them to simply do a remaster and no remake.
Here's the point: game development has become so bloated and takes so much time and money to finish that these companies think the only way to basically guarantee a return of investment is to sell people a game they already know they like, rather than take a risk with something new
According to the Insomniac leaks, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart has still not turned a profit

lol People say this, yet shit most of the industry is not doing remakes, in fact...remakes are amongst the most rare type of development. Even the same developer you are refencing doesn't even have 1 game being remade coming out and ironically those same fucking leaks LITERALLY SHOW A NEW RATCHET! lol So it still hasn't turned a profit yet that resulted in zero remakes by Insomniac and instead resulted in a new Ratchet anyway? How the fuck does that even prove your point?

Those leaks show a Venom game, X-Men game lol
Who makes a remake of a remake first, Konami or Capcom.

^ I'M SAYING! Adam knows whats up lol We knew it would come to this! I put a lot of my bets on Resident Evil 1 since we already knew MGS3 was being remade, but this changes everything if indeed they've been working on a MGS1 remake at the same time, so chances are Konami might pull it off first.

I still think we get a remake of Resident Evil 1 this gen, but I feel Resident Evil CV might be the next that gets the remake treatment.

MiguelItUp

If it's linked to Konami I'm forever cautious for obvious reasons. At least until we get proof that we're gonna get some quality. I miss when Konami was trustworthy. 😟

The only remake we need without killing the charm of the original SOLID is MG1 nad 2 which are basically the SAME walkthorugh with different characters, Solid was already a kind of remake of the MSX ones so, those are needed and keep the classic as a classic (definetly can't remake the FEEL of the Mantis fight)

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
After Solid, Kojima's DNA spunk is all over this series. Without his load encapsulating the production, it's just a soulless journey to completion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom