• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Ryza Producer Surprised That Fans Find Lead Character So Sexy

Isa

How do you look with a wig and thigh highs?
Hopefully better than ProJared....

I think Danjin is on point, she isn't really designed to be like those other gals, more of a cute adventurous girl next door type in my humble opinion. However, also as mentioned with such a culture war at play I'd hazard a guess that most guys are suffering from a little thirst for wholesome feminine girls. She comes off as a diamond in the rough in this age of character design, and I for one appreciate it whole-heartedly. Can't wait to play this one, and I hope they bring the artist in for the next game too.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Hopefully better than ProJared....

I think Danjin is on point, she isn't really designed to be like those other gals, more of a cute adventurous girl next door type in my humble opinion. However, also as mentioned with such a culture war at play I'd hazard a guess that most guys are suffering from a little thirst for wholesome feminine girls. She comes off as a diamond in the rough in this age of character design, and I for one appreciate it whole-heartedly. Can't wait to play this one, and I hope they bring the artist in for the next game too.
Its basically similar to Kat, She has very playful personality and cute design but she never designed to be "sexy" like Bayonetta and Catherine.

Reactions: Isa

Isa

[QUOTE="Danjin44]
Its basically similar to Kat, She has very playful personality and cute design but she never designed to be "sexy" like Bayonetta and Catherine.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I also like the innocence of Kat and what I assume Ryza will also share. It helps them share the wonder and discovery of their worlds with the player. While I'd normally gravitate towards characters like Lila in the new game, I think Ryza's personality, design, voice, and animations are superb.

I actually see where he is coming from. Her outfit is fairly sexy, but, I doubt they had the intentions of making her a hyper sexual character when they were creating her. Imho, looks like something a girl would wear to a mall on a hot day or something. Seeing thigh or skin in Japanese games isn’t seen as a significant deal because they are more open to females showing skin or accentuating their sexuality.

Showing skin is now a rarity in most Western games, that’s probably why characters like this stick out more compared to the many Western game’s females that are covered from head to toe and aren’t feminine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
atelier-ryza-receives-new-trailer-showcases-the-8220-summer-adventure-8221-free-costume-AUQT1ps_qXI-1038x576.jpg

I actually see where he is coming from. Her outfit is fairly sexy, but, I doubt they had the intentions of making her a hyper sexual character when they were creating her. Imho, looks like something a girl would wear to a mall on a hot day or something. Seeing thigh or skin in Japanese games isn’t seen as a significant deal because they are more open to females showing skin or accentuating their sexuality.

Showing skin is now a rarity in most Western games, that’s probably why characters like this stick out more compared to the many Western game’s females that are covered from head to toe and aren’t feminine.

Scarcity captures the mind.

vkbest

Well people calling this series for pedophiles because slender girls main characters before. So really this is biased series who some people always will complain for something

The funny thing this series is usually most played for girls on Japan and west

Sakura

Oh come on now. Her ass literally hangs out of her shorts in the game, and you have preorder bonuses like this
shoplist01.jpg

Of course you knew she was sexy

YukiOnna

Well people calling this series for pedophiles because slender girls main characters before. So really this is biased series who some people always will complain for something

The funny thing this series is usually most played for girls on Japan and west
People can call it whatever the hell they want, it still sold 100k+ and no one's taking that back.

Top Bottom