• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus 2024 Aspirations Teases Unannounced Games by Shin Megami Tensei, Persona Developers

P3R-696x392.jpg

4Gamer has published their annual feature for next year aspirations of Japanese creators in the game industry, discussing what they paid attention to in 2023 and what they’re looking forward to. This time, 176 Japanese creators were interviewed.

Nine of these developers are from Atlus. Below is an excerpt of the interview, focusing on what the Atlus staff are focusing on next year.

Eiji Ishida (1st Creative Department)​

Eiji Ishida is one of the producers and directors behind Soul Hackers 2. He has also worked on Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE as director, as well as the art director on Shin Megami Tensei IV.

<Question 4> What are your aspirations for 2024 and what is your message to 4Gamer readers?
I am currently involved with an unannounced title.
While the title hasn’t been revealed yet, I am working diligently alongside the director towards its completion. When the time comes for the announcement, I hope for your continued support. Thank you.

Atsushi Kitajoh (Atlus Sound Team)​

Atsushi Kitajoh is an Atlus Sound Team composer who has worked on the Persona 4 Arena series, the Persona Q series, Persona 5 Strikers, and the upcoming Persona 3 Reload.

<Question 4> What are your aspirations for 2024 and what is your message to 4Gamer readers?
The year 2023 flew by so quickly that I can hardly recall what I was doing. I will continue to cherish each day and strive to make a lasting impression […]! Additionally, in 2024, we have upcoming releases for titles I’ve been involved in, including Persona 3 Reload, Unicorn Overlord, and Metaphor: ReFantazio. Major titles and sequels have been announced for both domestic and international release, so time never seems to be enough. Let’s be mindful of sleep deprivation in 2024, everyone.

Toshiki Konishi (Atlus Sound Team)​

Toshiki Konishi is an Atlus Sound Team composer who has worked on Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, Shin Megami Tensei V, and Persona 5 Tactica.

This year, I was able to successfully release the project I was in charge of, P5T! Personally, it became a deeply cherished project for me, having been responsible for the entire soundtrack, hosting a mini live concert, and releasing the game and soundtrack simultaneously.
As for next year… what will happen?? I’ve been hearing all sorts of discussions, but I feel like I’ll be summoned soon, so I’ll keep my shoulders (!?) warmed up. First and foremost, please look forward to Kitajoh’s work on Persona 3 Reload!

Shinjiro Takada (1st Creative Department)​

Shinjiro Takada is the product manager of Atlus’ 1st Creative Department, which handles the “Shin Megami Tensei” series. He’s worked on the Devil Survivor series, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, and Shin Megami Tensei V.

During the adjustment period for the upcoming release of Unicorn Overlord on March 8th, I helped out in a small way, with my experience in strategy games. If you are interested in the 90s inspired style of Unicorn Overlord, with a classic storyline and SRPG elements, please give it a try.

Ryota Niitsuma (2nd Creative Department)​

Ryota Niitsuma is a producer for Atlus’ 2nd Creative Department, which handles the “Persona” series. Previously working at Capcom until 2022, he has served as producer on Persona 5 Tactica and Persona 3 Reload.

The title I’ve been working on, Persona 3 Reload, is finally set to be released on February 2nd! Persona 3, which became a turning point for the Persona series, has been revived with a fresh look under the current P-STUDIO! I am confident that you will enjoy playing it, so please look forward to it! Thank you very much!!

Atsushi Nomura (2nd Creative Department)​

Atsushi Nomura is a producer for Atlus’ 2nd Creative Department, which handles the “Persona” series. He has worked on the remastered version of Persona 4 Golden as well as Persona 5 Tactica.

I am delighted to have successfully delivered Persona 5 Tactica, and I hope the journey of the Phantom Thieves, Erina, and Toshiro has served as a positive catalyst, even if just a little.
In 2024, the Persona Team will release Persona 3 Reload. For those who have not played the original, I wonder how you will spend that year and what emotions you will experience? I am already looking forward to it. Just a little more until the release! Thank you very much.

Naoya Maeda (2nd Creative Department)​

Naoya Maeda is a director for Atlus’ 2nd Creative Department, which handles the “Persona” series. He has worked on Persona 5, the Persona Q series, and Persona 5 Tactica.

Persona 5 Tactica was a title that challenged us to try something new, and the unique game system is something that is hard to convey the fun of until you actually try it. I would be delighted if you could pick it up and play!
In 2024, the entire team will work together to deliver even better titles for everyone. Please continue to support the Persona Team (Second Production) at Atlus in the future!

Takuya Yamaguchi (2nd Creative Department)​

Takuya Yamaguchi is a director for Atlus’ 2nd Creative Department, which handles the “Persona” series. He has worked on Persona 4 Golden, Persona 5 and Persona 3 Reload.

Finally, on February 2, 2024, Persona 3 Reload will be released! We created it with care so that both fans of the original version and those who haven’t played it yet can enjoy it. If you’re curious, I hope you’ll give it a try.

Kazuhisa Wada (2nd Creative Department)​

Kazuhisa Wada is the Creative Producer and Chief Director of the Persona Team. He has worked on the Persona 4 Arena series, the Persona Dancing series, and Persona 5 Royal.

This is a year in which the required scope of vision has significantly expanded. To improve our decision-making, a more robust approach in communication will be crucial in the coming year. With certain preparations already in place, we will do our best to handle unforeseen events of various sizes that may arise during long-term development, and do our best to deliver good news to everyone as planned!
Following the release of Persona 5 Tactica last November, the Persona series will be followed by the release of Persona 3 Reload on February 2nd! This is a remake of a classic from 18 years ago that laid the foundation for the modern Persona series, so I hope many of you will play and enjoy it!
We will continue to work hard in order to deliver even more memorable games to everyone, so please continue to support us!
The complete translated interview with the Atlus staff members will be published at a later date.

The 2023 developer aspirations from Atlus developers can be read in last year’s post, featuring Shinjiro Takada, Eiji Ishida, and Kazuhisa Wada.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
No way in hell they have Persona 6 out next year ... But man imagine if they do.

Bkdk

smt5 definitive edition, include a new expansion and pc version! Also all past smt games on pc.

Last edited:

Pejo

We need somebody at Atlus to go to George Kamitani's house and sit him down and say "listen George, I think it's about time we get Vanillaware on Steam, and we're here to help you do it".

I will literally buy every single game again, even though I've already double dipped on most of them.

Top Bottom