• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axios: Trump suspects Bannon of leaking, putting job in jeopardy

JettDash

Its not really a suspicion. Its documented that Breitbart etc. went to war with McMasters last week. it forced a statement from the WH saying they fully side with McMasters.

Does Trump actually give a fuck? Doubtful. If Bannon goes its because the Generals are exerting their power on trump

Does Trump give a fuck about leaks that make the White House look bad? Are you kidding? That's probably one of the only things he cares about.

Zetta

giphy-downsized-large.gif

We've been saying this for ages, nice that the last horse finally crossed the finish line :lol

He was clearly the one leaking info about Kushner. As soon as we heard about there being friction between them suddenly Breitbart started running stories about his Russian connections. And now the same thing is happening to McMaster.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
So the call is coming from inside the house

Also boldstrategy.gif on Bannon. Seeing that lump of a human surgically removed from the office is going to be beautiful.

lmao

The entire damn ship is leaking. Go ahead and get rid of Bannon, though. That'd be a pretty good way to lose just a little more white nationalist support.

VariantX

If this is true, why would Bannon leak stuff? So he would be the only confidant?

I'm pretty sure he wants to burn down the US govt and rebuild america as some white supremacist utopia anyway, so why not cause a little more chaos here and there. Trump is likely just a means to an end. He gives no fucks about the system in place anyway because its allowing others to come up.

Red

I don't know if the site's trustworthy, but I want this to be true. I mean, I hate Bannon, but he probably actually was involved with some of the leaks.

Side-note, I misread this as "Barron" at first & could totally believe Trump would get angry at his 10 year old kid out of his own paranoia about leaks.
How did you reconcile the rest of the headline with that? You thought Trump would fire Barron as his son?

Joe

Fuck this. Until Bannon is actually fired this is just a publicity ploy to superficially push aside Bannon and his politics while Trump simultaneously relies on his guidance for management over a white-nationalist and anti-foreigner government.

Spoiler: Literally everyone in the WH has leaked at one point or another. That's what you get with a dysfunctional admin full of back stabbing opportunists.

This. Everyone in this administration, including Trump, has leaked anonymously to the press. Bannon's just as culpable as anyone.

CD'S BAR

There are probably growing tensions there. Presumably the Scaramucci comments were more or less how Trump feels about him at this point.

Dabanton

It's such a disgusting situation that it's hard to say wether it's wiser to have that toad in view at the White House or out of it sowing even more trouble.

Top Bottom