• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Belgium-GAF |OT| De rest is parking

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I'm in Brussels right now and everyone here is speaking French, but everyone here is speaking Dutch. Is no one in Belgium-GAF from Brussels (or Wallonia) or what's the deal??

I was wondering the same thing.

Anyways, what are the must-see / must-do's in Brussels?

Heeft er iemand hier aanbevelingen hoe het beste terug je Frans op te krikken en uitendelijk het ook genoeg te leren om op je CV onder talenkennis "Frans - Goed" te zetten? (Hetzelfde voor Duits)
Heb het nooit meer gestudeerd na mijn secundair, al is de basis altijd wel redelijk bijgebleven (ben 26 nu). Had me gestort op een sportcarrière maar die zal ik zo goed als zeker komend jaar gaan stopzetten en nu wil ik me terug voorbereiden op de arbeidsmarkt.

Ringo

Heeft er iemand hier aanbevelingen hoe het beste terug je Frans op te krikken en uitendelijk het ook genoeg te leren om op je CV onder talenkennis "Frans - Goed" te zetten? (Hetzelfde voor Duits)
Heb het nooit meer gestudeerd na mijn secundair, al is de basis altijd wel redelijk bijgebleven (ben 26 nu). Had me gestort op een sportcarrière maar die zal ik zo goed als zeker komend jaar gaan stopzetten en nu wil ik me terug voorbereiden op de arbeidsmarkt.

Probeer de app Duolingo eens. Hiermee krik je je niveau terug op naar dat van het secundair.

Ringo

Belgians who have French as their mother language mostly go to French websites.

Must-sees in Brussels...Manneken Pis, Atomium. If possible take a train and go visit Ghent and or Bruges :)

Really depends what you're into.

If you like tourist traps and Japanese tourists, go visit Manneken Pis.

If you like big metal things, go visit the Atomium.

If you like museums, there's plenty to do: the Magritte museum, the music instruments museum, the Royal Museum of Fine Arts, ... etc. Near Brussels, in Tervuren, there is also the Royal Museum for Central Africa.

If you like to eat, plenty of places to go to as well. Go eat an authentic Brussels waffle near the Grand Place. Try "carbonade flamande" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbonade_flamande). Lots of good food out there. Many beer cafés in Brussels too, so if you like beer, be sure to go try some Belgian beers.

If you like architecture, make sure to follow the Horta tour: http://www.arau.org/en/t/8-totally-horta/8

Keep in mind though the Brussels is a bit of a difficult town to "grasp". It's not immediately appealing. Actually, it may even be a bit off-putting at first. If you want to be wowed at first sight, do as Ringo suggested and go to Ghent or Bruges, maybe even Antwerp. Brussels is not like that. It's a town that, due to its history, requires you to put an effort to seek out the good places. They are more scattered throughout the city.

LaB_NL

Nederlander hier...en ik ben zo weer weg, maar euh.....die frites uit de OP...dat zijn geen Vlaamse, wel?

Fijne feesten vanavond mannekes!

Top Bottom