• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Surface Pro Alternative?

I have a Surface 3 and it's long in the tooth. It's mad slow and even everyday things like YouTube takes a while to load. Tried to reset it but it's not getting me anywhere. Anyway I'm looking to buy the best Surface Pro alternative. Main reason I don't want an actual surface Pro is because it lacks USB-C.

Couple things it must have:

USB-C for data and charging
Micro-SD Support for expansion
8GB RAM
Core i3 or better
Detachable keyboard and stand for the tablet
Don't wanna spend more than around 1000-1200.

The 3 I am looking at currently are:

Lenovo Miix 720
HP Spectre X2 2017
Dell Lattitude 5285

Leaning towards the HP right now. They have B&O speakers but pretty much they seem all about the same. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I was lucky enough to get the Lenovo Miix 510 for €259 on a misprice, and think it is a fantastic product with great quality. Based on my history with that I would go for the Lenovo you listed - unless something incredibly horrible happened with the step up.

If the Iris Graphics in the HP perform well, you could have a good machine for light gaming. Otherwise, take the Lenovo because Lenovos sre great. And the keyboard of the Miix 700 is great, so the 720 should be too.

Top Bottom