• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Bang Theory Stars to Earn $1 Million Per Episode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

capturetvalk.png

RPGCrazied

I really like the show, its funny. I thought Sheldon's actor wanted to do something else, but I guess with the paycheck he is getting now, he isn't going anywhere. At least for a few more years.

xaosslug

'thanks, Sheldon!'

seriously, tho. Jim Parsons is a really nice guy to stay with the group as a united front. He could EASILY be making this by himself, which I'm sure producers/his management have told him. LOL Really goes to show how different this cast is from Two and a Half Men's... I'm pretty sure Charlie Sheen was making 1mil an episode, while Jon Cryer was only getting 350-750k?

that said, I really don't get it.

UrbanRats

'thanks, Sheldon!'

seriously, tho. Jim Parsons is a really nice guy to stay with the group as a united front. He could EASILY be making this by himself, which I'm sure producers/his management have told him. LOL Really goes to show how different this cast is from Two and a Half Men's... I'm pretty sure Charlie Sheen was making 1mil an episode, while Jon Cryer was only getting 350-750k?

that said, I really don't get it.

Scraping by,

It was embarrassing to see how little Raj's actor is getting in comparison. I hope the rest of the cast can negotiate enough to not feel cheated.

Watched the first three seasons or so and enjoyed them, but then it just got so boring and predictable.

If you want a good "nerdy" comedy, watch Silicon Valley instead.

Alric

Never watched the show, but how much does each episode bring in that they can afford that type of pay?

meijiko

This, this and aaaaallll of this. Much better writing and way less pandering.

I like both. But they're written incredibly differently and for completely different audiences. I know my mom wouldn't get most of the jokes in Silicon Valley, but she loves TBBT.

TBBT is very accessible to a large audience, and therefore successful. The actors definitely should get paid what they do, because they're almost the entire reason the show is loved by so many people.

I actually commend GAF for not turning this thread into a shit show right off the bat. It makes me think that maybe people have calmed down about this show being successful and don't take it as some huge offense to their nerdiness anymore.

SRG01

Average commercial fees are roughly $400,000-$500,000 for a 30 second spot for a show like this

Yes. CBS is making a boatload of advertising money with each episode. And judging by how the production costs would be peanuts for this kind of show, it would be unfair for the network to pay the stars a pittance.

All things considered, CBS can probably pay them more than a million per episode and still walk away with a tidy profit.

edit: Some people say that Big Bang Theory is mean-spirited, but I don't think that's the case at all. Sure, the show may play on certain stereotypes and trophes, but I can relate to a good portion of the series' characters.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Hopefully Raj and Howard get paid too, both bring more to the show than Leonard.

SRG01

Hopefully Raj and Howard get paid too, both bring more to the show than Leonard.

That's like saying Phoebe brings more to the show than Rachel or Monica :( Raj and Howard are good for comedy, yes, but not much else.

markatisu

How much are the other members making?

Too true

Raj and Howard just signed "mid 6 figure contracts" which is reportedly 500k-750k per episode and CBS had threatened to write them out of the show if they did not sign by the end of the day.

Bernadette and Amy already signed contracts when they joined the show as regulars so they do not get any of the big money

Lothars

Raj and Howard just signed "mid 6 figure contracts" which is reportedly 500k-750k per episode and CBS had threatened to write them out of the show if they did not sign by the end of the day.

Bernadette and Amy already signed contracts when they joined the show as regulars so they do not get any of the big money
Hopefully they are getting quite the raise like that but the show would have been much worst off if CBS would have tried to write them off the show.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
That's a lot of money. I remember reading somewhere about last season of Friends, that all the actors got paid 1million per episode. But that show was fucking awesome. I have seen it many many times and I still don't get bored of it.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
This forum, this place, is the only place where I have read or heard negativity of this show. It is so popular, and among all demographics too.

I still watch every episode and I don't hate it by all means but you can't deny that the show has gone downhill since last 2 seasons. There is more love crap vs before it used to be all awesome and only about those 4 nerds and penny. Writing used to be so good, and some of the stuff they say is actually written by nerds and 100% accurate.

Though none of this is going to stop me from not watching this show, but it isn't as fun as it used to be.

This forum, this place, is the only place where I have read or heard negativity of this show. It is so popular, and among all demographics too.

I've never met anyone in real life who likes this show.

Also, I've never met anyone in real life who doesn't think this show is pure garbage.

Nether!

I have nothing bad to say about the show, I just think it's crazy how big it is and I've never seen a single episode.
It's been on for 7 years?
Makes me feel really disconnected from popular culture.
When I was a kid I would watch everything, regardless of quality.

leng jai

Utter nonsense that Leonard gets paid more than Howard. He and RAJ are by far the weakest characters in the show.

I'd like to get into this show. But I can't find it anywhere to stream at all. How is it not available on streaming sites?

I don't mean just the most recent season. I mean all of it. From season 1.

AKA the reason it's the #1 show in syndication by far. You can make more money that way than from selling the streaming rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom