• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bill Cosby guilty on all three counts in indecent assault trial, jury decides

OH-MyCar

I hate the term "where there's smoke there's fire" because it's often bullshit, but this one was looking like Pompeii. Good.

the.acl

Prison is pointless for this old head. "Justice is served"? We know damn well he's gonna croak in less than a decade.

octiny

Banned
So if he gets 10 years (max concurrently) then he's looking at 5 years max on good behavior. In reality, he'll probably be in for max of 2 years once they lay down the final ground work.

KINGMOKU

While I have zero problem with this, a better/plus would have been having him use a portion of his wealth(figuring out that would take more time then I have currently. Can't take it all as then his own family would lose their minds e.t.c.)to build shelters for battered women e.t.c.

Jail time doesn't mean much when your 80. Taking a portion of your wealth absolutely does as it affects his whole family.

Look, I'm sure he did it and I believe Joe Rogan that he's probably one of the most prolific rapists in US history...
But where's the physical evidence that warrants such a conviction?

the.acl

Look, I'm sure he did it and I believe Joe Rogan that he's probably one of the most prolific rapists in US history...
I'm interested in this too. I haven't looked too hard into the case other than read headlines. But is there physical evidence or was it all testimonial. Eye witness testimony is the weakest form of evidence.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Jail time doesn't mean much when your 80. Taking a portion of your wealth absolutely does as it affects his whole family.

This is ridiculous. The family didn't do the crime. Bill Cosby did. So him going to jail is the only option for punishment.

They used his own words against him. You don't always need physical evidence.

Last edited:

KINGMOKU

This is ridiculous. The family didn't do the crime. Bill Cosby did. So him going to jail is the only option for punishment.

They used his own words against him. You don't always need physical evidence.
Part of me believes your correct and that same part agrees.

With that said, it is Cosbys money, and him doing something good with a portion of that money would be a better punishment then sitting in a jail cell at 80.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
With that said, it is Cosbys money, and him doing something good with a portion of that money would be a better punishment then sitting in a jail cell at 80.

Well of course, but that's not what the justice system is there for. The last thing I want to do is tell rich people, "you don't get to go to jail just give us a bunch of money and everything will be okay". No! You are human like the rest of us. Be it at 50 years old or 80. You lose your freedom like the next man.

Atrus

Gold Member
I was surprised at the outcome but it’s good to see molestors get their comeuppance.

To think, all those years he built a career out of being a comedic family man, he’s been abusing people in private.

The bigger issue for me is the system in place that protects powerful people from accountability. With so many victims, there are likely others who are guilty of assisting Bill in his escapades.

I haven’t read up yet on the evidence used in this trial that found him guilty but it will be interesting to find out.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
Is it weird that a majority of my black facebook buddies are "OJ'ing" for him?
Like, posting pictures of Weinstien, Matt Laurer etc.. and saying shit like "I wonder why they ain't in jail? Hmmm"
I.e. Cosby is in jail cause hes black.

Also, I've learned this is all a set-up cause he was gonna buy NBC?

Lister

Banned
Is it weird that a majority of my black facebook buddies are "OJ'ing" for him?
Like, posting pictures of Weinstien, Matt Laurer etc.. and saying shit like "I wonder why they ain't in jail? Hmmm"
I.e. Cosby is in jail cause hes black.

Also, I've learned this is all a set-up cause he was gonna buy NBC?

Don't lie, you don't have any black facebook friends.

iconmaster

Banned
He's about to turn 81 and there's still the appeal to get through. I can't see him spending much if any time in jail.

I suppose the conviction matters, though.

Smoke6

I’m still trying to figure out how any of you can fix your mouths to say he’s guilty after all this time?

Them women knew what they were getting into and as we all know “history repeats itself”! These kids out here popping pills like skittles and corn nuts and we all know for damn sure this was the case back in his day too

NovumAngel

Banned
I’m still trying to figure out how any of you can fix your mouths to say he’s guilty after all this time?

Them women knew what they were getting into and as we all know “history repeats itself”! These kids out here popping pills like skittles and corn nuts and we all know for damn sure this was the case back in his day too
I'm sorry but how can you insinuate that someone being spiked with drugs and then raped while they were unconscious is their own fault?

Smoke6

I'm sorry but how can you insinuate that someone being spiked with drugs and then raped while they were unconscious is their own fault?

Some went back to him after they claimed of having these symptoms from pst interactions with him!

And on top of that, if you were drugged and couldn’t remember nothing, then how 30yrs later do you remember now?

It all sounds Fishy as hell and we know the man us money as one sought just that and got a settlement!

If you were this mad you shoulda been just as mad back then! Who holds 30 yr old grudges?

NovumAngel

Banned
Some went back to him after they claimed of having these symptoms from pst interactions with him!

And on top of that, if you were drugged and couldn’t remember nothing, then how 30yrs later do you remember now?

It all sounds Fishy as hell and we know the man us money as one sought just that and got a settlement!

If you were this mad you shoulda been just as mad back then! Who holds 30 yr old grudges?
Reputation or not, rape / sexual assault is inexcusable, the women involved in these cases shouldn't be held up to the same scrutiny.

As we've learned from the Jimmy Saville and Weinstein cases, money and power can keep a lot of people quiet.

Smoke6

Reputation or not, rape / sexual assault is inexcusable, the women involved in these cases shouldn't be held up to the same scrutiny.

As we've learned from the Jimmy Saville and Weinstein cases, money and power can keep a lot of people quiet.

So u are implying these women were compensated in someway?

Because there was just one who was paid to go away. Other than that there was a juror who had already had their mind set on him being guilty and they were never removed from the jury!

I think there words were something like “ I know he is guilty so let’s get this over with”!

But who am I?

NovumAngel

Banned
So u are implying these women were compensated in someway?

Because there was just one who was paid to go away. Other than that there was a juror who had already had their mind set on him being guilty and they were never removed from the jury!

I think there words were something like “ I know he is guilty so let’s get this over with”!

But who am I?
I wasn't trying to imply that each woman was given money and sent away but this is involving a high profile personality which would hold a lot of sway for some people. Not to mention that some women in general are afraid / embarrassed to come forward to report the incidents.

Anyway it seems your mind is set, so I'm just leaving this thread alone.

Sorcerer

Wow. I thought he was going to get away with it.
He probably will on appeal. There is some controversy because the Judges wife deals in sexual harassment cases and that may be cause to prove that the Judge had a bias.
Or he will probably just serve house arrest.

Last edited:

Sorcerer

I am not sure on the exact details but Didn't Cosby admit to doing such things a long time ago when he thought too much time had passed for him to get into any legal trouble? If that is the case it says everything right there.

'

Top Bottom