• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

billbil-kun: Returnal and Assassin's Creed Valhalla to be included in the April 2024 Humble Choice

Update: It looks like the leaker was completely wrong with this one.

GKLerIzXwAAaEMW

GJ1NlAWWcAAtm3w

Full list:
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  • Returnal
  • Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood Champion of Gaia Edition
  • Noita
  • Fashion Police Squad
  • BLACKTAIL
  • Pâquerette Down the Bunburrows
  • Spirittea

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Haven't played Returnal but at $12 why not? I was told this is easily the best PS5 game ever released so far, Steam reviews are pretty positive, and this bundle will come with other games too. So I'll be picking this up.

Puscifer

Returnal on PC is not that worth it. They abandoned it. It has a lot of stutters and crashes which are massively annoying considering this specific games gameplay. Get it on PS5.
This just isn't true at all, if it ever was it isn't anymore. Give it another try

How does Returnal run on Deck?
Ok, but I'm telling you this is a 60 fps experience

Last edited:
But why not get it during humble choice? You’re unlikely to see such price on other key sites or consoles in the coming years at least.
Because it's the only game there that interests me. Humble choice games usually drop to around $2 with resellers. That's significantly cheaper compared to the $12 sub especially since I don't plan to touch the other games.

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Because it's the only game there that interests me. Humble choice games usually drop to around $2 with resellers. That's significantly cheaper compared to the $12 sub especially since I don't plan to touch the other games.

Oh, that explains everything. Just be careful of the reselling scam

TheStam

Returnal on PC is not that worth it. They abandoned it. It has a lot of stutters and crashes which are massively annoying considering this specific games gameplay. Get it on PS5.

They did abandon it and it's not a perfect port but I think the issues are more prevalent on some systems. It runs without any huge stutters or other issues for me, maybe because of brute forcing it, but it is very CPU intensive.

The thing I've seen people complain about most is that textures go low rez after a while, where you need to restart but I haven't noticed that myself. I honestly have a very hard time believing this would be better on PS5 than on a high-end PC. Definitely not one for the Steam Deck, sadly.

For me it's the best game out of all the Playstation games that I've tried on PC. It's a shame it didn't do better sales wise. There is nothing quite like it. AAA TPS bullet hell roguelite.

Puscifer

They did abandon it and it's not a perfect port but I think the issues are more prevalent on some systems. It runs without any huge stutters or other issues for me, maybe because of brute forcing it, but it is very CPU intensive.

The thing I've seen people complain about most is that textures go low rez after a while, where you need to restart but I haven't noticed that myself. I honestly have a very hard time believing this would be better on PS5 than on a high-end PC. Definitely not one for the Steam Deck, sadly.

For me it's the best game out of all the Playstation games that I've tried on PC. It's a shame it didn't do better sales wise. There is nothing quite like it. AAA TPS bullet hell roguelite.
I just want to add they even added frame generation last year when they fixed the stuttering. I would just give it another go, I've finished it twice in the past year and most recently a month ago and it's smooth as butter

Last edited:

El Muerto

Good bundle. I legit liked Werewolf The Apocalypse. It's like a janky PS2 game with a competent story. Blacktail is neat too.

M1987

I wanted to try Callisto Protocol,but with how shit everyone says it is I don't know if it's worth it

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wanted to try Callisto Protocol,but with how shit everyone says it is I don't know if it's worth it
Physical PS5 copies were selling for $5, and most people said it was still too much.

This month is a pass from me.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I liked it well enough. It doesn't overstay its welcome. It certainly looks great. I think it got a lot of hate because it was basically the dead space guy remaking dead space just not as good.

Denton

It is 7/10. Some decent scifi horror atmosphere, I mostly enjoyed it, but by the end I was glad when it was over and did not bother with the DLC, only watched it on youtube since it finishes the story. The story ain't great.

I am skipping this month, but if I didn't have Callisto, I would have picked it up.

Shame, I was looking forward to testing Returnal and Blacktail.

Pejo

I remember trying out Callisto Protocol on PS5 since it was a PS+ freebie and I got to the part in the intro where the ship crashes. I thought they did a good job of showing how a ship's video log would react to a collision, only to not be able to press any buttons or progress the story at all for a few minutes. Then it dawned on me that the actual game crashed at the same time. Super immersive, but I never went back to the game.

Anyways, probably gonna skip this month, shame the leaks were wrong.

Top Bottom