• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Bloomberg] Amazon’s Twitch to Cut 500 Employees, About 35% of Staff

Twitch should have pivoted towards being like YouTube. I think twitch will collapse sooner or later.

I hate Google but YouTube is much better.

Last edited:

AGRacing

Happy Ya Ya Ya GIF by CreateDrop

Mustache Doc GIF by MTN DEW GAME FUEL

Fuck em

simpatico

Why does Twitch needs employees? I mean, outside of a marketing and sales department you could run the company with a poorly trained AI. These tech companies have so much fat on the bones. This year is going to be bloodbath. Learn to weld.

Krieger

Amazon is also firing hundreds of people at Prime Video, while at the same time forcing people to pay a new monthly fee to not see ads during a movie/show. I don't care if the twitch hoes lose their simp money, what pisses me off is the fucking greed of Amazon. They already increased the price for Prime, want an additional fee for the same service that was free before, and make the video player shittier with each update.

SaucyJack

I like Twitch. I use Twitch. But what would 1500 people even be doing there?

Exactly.

Elon showed the way by getting rid of a whole bunch of people who added no value, and often created problems, with no detriment to the service.

Celcius

°Temp. member
As a senior software dev I'm suddenly feeling super underpaid. Are those salaries real?
Hire me Twitch... I'll do the job for half that.

Last edited:

Quantum253

Honestly this tech salary bubble will burst, and a lot of software engineers will be shocked with the reality
In some places it's already happening, many tech firms have reduced positions limited hiring (some freezes), and reduced growth. Competition is pretty fierce and I've seen overqualified people trying to get Helpdesk and entry-level desktop/system admin positions. Programming is probably even worse. "learn to code" needs to turn into learn ITIL and Agile...do better in the long run.

AGRacing

All streamers suck. Even Anders Holmvik here with his fake mustache and wig.
1. YOU suck.
2. That moustache is definitely real. You probably can't tell because you're a blonde-banged chubby cheek kid who grows pimples on his face instead of hair.
3. You DO NOT disrespect the two-time back to back champion. Amazon tried it and now a third of their Twitch staff are joining the sidewalk shitters in San Francisco.
200.gif

SJRB

Gold Member

Saw this earlier and it blew my mind. After 10+ years they're still not profitable? With the insane amount of subs and ad revenue they get every month?

Their projection was to have 5.8 million subscribers in 2023. That's 5.8 x 2.50 = 14.5 million dollars in monthly revenue. Excluding all the adds and merchandise and sponsored shit.

How the hell is this even possible? I legit don't understand how this is possible.

Top Bottom