• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

British Sea Power’s new album ‘’Let the Dancers Inherit the Party’’ out on 31.03.2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Crap Wrong Forum, would appreciate if a mod moved it to the Off-topic

As a huge British Sea Power fan, I am ecstatic . I pretty much loved all their albums. Their tender musical composition, mature and empathetic writing, their vibrant lyrics and their compassionate yet deliberate vocals have always been a something that just resonated with me.

This new album have been written for over 3 years, and its largely a reflective one, mainly on the current climate of political and social disturbance UK is facing. Their new record was recorded in London, Sussex and on the Isle of Skye,

Cover art:

15894897_10154078303732536_8749865988825673268_n.jpg

Here is what the band is saying about it all

Martin Goble said:
It was made to a background of politicians perfecting the art of unabashed lying, of social-media echo chambers, of click-bait, and electronic Tonka Toys to keep us entertained and befuddled. All this can easily make the individual feel futile. But I think we've ended up addressing this confusion in an invigorating way, rather than imprisoning the listener in melancholy. Musically, it's our most direct album and maybe the first one where we maintain a coherent mood from start to finish. Perhaps a little clarity isn't a bad thing at this point. There wasn't a plan to create an album with any particular subject matter but we've kind of ended up with a case of 'think global, act local' – an album where individuals are dealing with their domestic and personal lives against a background of uncontrollable international lunacy.

Track listing[edit]
"Intro" - 0:29
"Bad Bohemian" - 3:16
"International Space Station" - 4:28
"What You're Doing" - 3:58
"The Voice of Ivy Lee" - 4:10
"Keep on Trying" - 4:15
"Electrical Kittens" - 5:07
"Saint Jerome" - 4:35
"Praise for Whatever" - 5:52
"Want to Be Free" - 3:47
"Don't Let the Sun Get in the Way" - 3:39
"Alone Piano" - 5:11

Bad Bohemian is out,

British Sea Power - Bad Bohemian (Official Audio)

and its great happy, yet melancholic track. It really remains me of the older BSP where rock was much more heavy rather than orchestrated

They also announced a UK tour promoting this album:

APRIL
06 Bristol Trinity
07 Leeds Church
08 Newcastle Riverside
09 Edinburgh Liquid Rooms
11 Manchester 02 Ritz
12 London 02 Shepherd's Bush Empire
13 Birmingham 02 Academy 2

Anyone else excited?

OT - British Sea Power - Joy of Machinery

EDIT: They posted a spotify link on their FB page hope that helps for people outside of UK https://britishseapower.lnk.to/NMFUKFP

belvedere

Junior Butler
Was trying all day Wednesday to find a working link for Bohemian. Edit - Dammit, still not available in your country

Also, hey wow, other people like BSP!

King_Moc

Banned
A BSP thread on gaf. Never thought I'd see the day.

Imo, the UK's best band of the last 15 years. I saw them last month for the 17th time and, as always, they were incredible.

Fun fact: in 2003 I saw them, and their support band was The Killers.

It's gotta be said though, this new song sounds a lot like The Cure's 'Just Like Heaven'.

Ruruja

Used to love Waving Flags when that came out, don't know much of their other stuff.

Will give this a listen.

IS IT OUT ON STEAM?

faridmon

I have asked a mod to move it. Apologies guys!

Sorry Didn't realise that the track is not view able outside of UK, Ill try to find a mirror somewhere!

A BSP thread on gaf. Never thought I'd see the day.

Imo, the UK's best band of the last 15 years. I saw them last month for the 17th time and, as always, they were incredible.

Fun fact: in 2003 I saw them, and their support band was The Killers.

It's gotta be said though, this new song sounds a lot like The Cure's 'Just Like Heaven'.

Hey man, I made a thread for ''Machineries of Joy'' You didn't show up. :p

But yeah, they are fantastic live. Saw them twice and the first time I saw them was that when they were promoting their Soundtrack of the documentary ''From the Sea to the Land Beyond'' and it was magical. definitely gonna see them again!

King_Moc

Banned
Hey man, I made a thread for ''Machineries of Joy'' You didn't show up. :p

But yeah, they are fantastic live. Saw them twice and the first time I saw them was that when they were promoting their Soundtrack of the documentary ''From the Sea to the Land Beyond'' and it was magical. definitely gonna see them again!

I must have missed it, I bet it wasn't on page 1 long. It pains me that these are such a small band, they should be huge.

I bet that gig was great. I never got to see those ones, nor the man of aran ones. I did see them three times in one weekend at Glastonbury once though after 'Do You Like Rock Music?' when they had the Bulgarian choir. They were pretty much the best three bands of the weekend.

Edit: Oh, they're doing some of the soundtrack to the game 'No Truce Within the Furies' by the way.

faridmon

I must have missed it, I bet it wasn't on page 1 long. It pains me that these are such a small band, they should be huge.

I bet that gig was great. I never got to see those ones, nor the man of aran ones. I did see them three times in one weekend at Glastonbury once though after 'Do You Like Rock Music?' when they had the Bulgarian choir. They were pretty much the best three bands of the weekend.

Edit: Oh, they're doing some of the soundtrack to the game 'No Truce Within the Furies' by the way.

Apparently the tickets to the Man of Aran ones were hard to find since I think they did a limited performance with a proper orchestral group and all.

But yeah The one I saw was an experience. They did a whole theatrical performance with members swapping in and out and two bears doing some sort of weird dance, which was good fun.

Yeah its sad to see this band not getting as big as they could have been. They were massive with their first two albums, but the more they became elaborate and complex, they lost their big fan base. which is a shame because Joy of Machinery was fantastic mainly because how expansive it was.

King_Moc

Banned
Apparently the tickets to the Man of Aran ones were hard to find since I think they did a limited performance with a proper orchestral group and all.

But yeah The one I saw was an experience. They did a whole theatrical performance with members swapping in and out and two bears doing some sort of weird dance, which was good fun.

Yeah its sad to see this band not getting as big as they could have been. They were massive with their first two albums, but the more they became elaborate and complex, they lost their big fan base. which is a shame because Joy of Machinery was fantastic mainly because how expansive it was.

The highest charting record is actually the third one, 'Do You Like Rock Music?'. Waving Flags, No Lucifer and Atom are among the most commercial sounding songs they've done, so I guess it's expected.

They have the bears at most gigs. I saw the guitarist, Noble, put a mic stand through it's head once. For a brief period they had wrestlers on stage too. I've no idea why.

Fuck it, i'm going to see them again. I paid £44 (!) to help crowdfund the new album, so it'd be rude not to.

belvedere

Junior Butler
The highest charting record is actually the third one, 'Do You Like Rock Music?'. Waving Flags, No Lucifer and Atom are among the most commercial sounding songs they've done, so I guess it's expected.

They have the bears at most gigs. I saw the guitarist, Noble, put a mic stand through it's head once. For a brief period they had wrestlers on stage too. I've no idea why.

Fuck it, i'm going to see them again. I paid £44 (!) to help crowdfund the new album, so it'd be rude not to.

I still kick myself for not going to see them when they visited my nondescript, Midwestern state back in '08. They played a small venue and I opted to go see a friends band instead.

SolKane

Anyone have a working link for US? None of them have worked for me.

Edit: Never mind, BBC link seems to work.

By the way is all BBC radio this good? This is a fantastic playlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom