• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine to Scrap All Episodes Written for Season 8

Slaylock

The cast has been talking about how to address the issues of systemic racism and police brutality in the upcoming season as well, Crews added: “We’ve had a lot of somber talks about it and deep conversations, and we hope through this, we’re going to make something that will be truly groundbreaking this year. We have an opportunity, and we plan to use it in the best way possible.”

I had already given up on the show some time ago. Humor has taken a backseat to wokeness for the last several years.

Grinchy

Banned
I thought the first season was pretty funny, but I don't know how anyone watched beyond that. It got so bad. I can't even imagine how horrible and woke it already was by season 7.

Season 8 is going to be an absolute clusterfuck as they try to show how bad they are all just for being cops.

crumbs

Didn't realize this was still on, I thought it had been cancelled. The first couple of seasons could be funny, but it started to run out of gas during season 4.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Where’s the humor cutoff/wokeness start, in case I’m ever interested in watching the good seasons?

Me and my wife have been watching this on Hulu and are up to S7, I'd say somewhere around S3, maybe S4 is when it takes the turn for the worse. Can't say I've enjoyed the last couple of seasons. Losing Gina, and putting so much new focus on Diaz was just a bit much for my taste. Can't wait for an even woker S8 when the super diverse cast all agree on some sort of message to send, instead of I don't know, making a FUNNY TELEVISION SHOW.

Comedies are one of the only things I enjoy to watch on TV, and it's a great escape from teh real word BS out there, I don't want real world BS in my fake TV, I just want fake TV...

There's still good episodes up through to 7, but yeah, the quality started to drop noticeably since series 5.

Honestly this whole thing seems like a bone headed move.

Do they not think the audience for a police based sitcom might be very much in favour of the police and not in agreement with the rioters currently trying to have them abolished?

Fbh

It had been going downhill for a couple of seasons anyway, I guess this will just be the final nail.

Where’s the humor cutoff/wokeness start, in case I’m ever interested in watching the good seasons?

Maybe season 4 or so?
It has always had "progressive" themes, what changed is how they are portrayed. They used to be incorporated into the humor but in newer seasons they have started giving them more of a serious tone.

Season 1 would be like "I was the first gay black cop"--cuts to a funny flashback
Season 6 would be like "Being a female cop is hard" "wow yeah I never realized, I'll support you more now" --- both character hug

autoduelist

The only possible saving grace is Crews hard stance on the danger of black supremacism. That said, Terry Crew has backtracked before and B99 is often woke garbage.

But who am I kidding, we all know Brooklyn 99 will solve racism.

Top Bottom