• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buster Sword made by 65 DualSense controllers

Gotta give credits to SE's (or maybe Sony's) marketing stunts.

GHCyGXkWoAAwKdn

GHCyAK7X0AAluIb

GHCyGXeW4AAcW7h

Last edited:
There are some rumors of it coming later this year, and since Team Asobi has probably been working on that game since mid 2020, I'd say it's pretty likely.

Oh. So no official announcement yet. I would have defo known about it. Really hope the rumours are true. Astros playroom was a joy to play and I've wanted a full game since.

Last edited:

Hudo

"Not available on other formats at least until 29.05.24". That's a pretty short exclusivity window Sony have bought.

skit_data

"Not available on other formats at least until 29.05.24". That's a pretty short exclusivity window Sony have bought.
IIRC correctly FFXVI had something similar and going by that it's probably gonna be a while til it releases anywhere else

I still love how Square like to pretend that the Buster sword wasn't anything but a starter weapon that you sold the first chance you got!
One of my biggest pet peeves of FFVII is that you replace Barret's default weapon after the first boss. He literally spends less than an hour of the game with his weapon on all the official art! Lol

Last edited:
Considering that Remake took 2 years to reach PC, don't expect Rebirth on PC to be released 30.05.24 or even 29.05.25

Last edited:

Hudo

Considering that Remake took 2 years to reach PC, don't expect Rebirth on PC to be released 30.05.24 or even 29.05.25
I know. They first want to put out the PC version of FF16 which is slated for this year. So I bet FF7 Rebirth will release on PC around 2025.

That's fine by me. I just wait.

Fuck me, I'm loving this. FFVII Rebirth is feeling like a much bigger event than FFXVI.

It was always going to be. I feel like they had a real chance with FF16 but they're still missing the mark and forgetting their core audience. I'll wait to play it on PS+ on a PS5 Pro or cheap second hand for 20 dollars. I want another turn based Final Fantasy.

With Helldivers 2, Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade in H1 2024, they're set in that regard. It's already my favorite Sony year since 2020, and I hope Astro Bot is ready for holidays to make stuff even better.

I thought Sony was going to have a pretty rough year this year, but I'm not so certain now. I still don't think Stellar Blade and Rise of the Ronin will be anything special, but with FF7 Rebirth sitting at a 92 on MC and Helldivers looking like it could be the next big GaaS phenom, Sony's starting the year in pretty good shape. With PS5 Pro and PSVR2 PC coming later this year, Sony could have a pretty healthy year.

I think it's interesting that Until Dawn is coming out this year but we haven't gotten confirmation on when the movie is coming out. It's probably at least a year away if not more and doesn't appear to be in production.

I thought they'd want to get Until Dawn (movie) out before Halloween, but they may have another feel on that. Get the game out before Halloween, and release the movie around May 2025 so that it hits streaming before the following Halloween.

Saber

Gold Member
I honestly find this pretty silly, but if people are happy with it thats ok I guess.
If there was a Dualsense literally themed as a buster sword then that would be cool.

Last edited:

skyfinch

The development team : We need a bit more resources to improve the performance mode.

Marketing team : Nah, let's use the resources to make a dumb sword thing with controllers.....

SirTerry-T

Give it a week or two before the Burger Boys somehow find themselves in possession of a job lot of Playstation controllers...

If this billboard was in my country, literally all of these controllers would be out of there after 1 hour of the billboard being put up there...

I feel like they could have found something more creative... Not to mention that it just feels like it's more about Sony, the it is about Final Fantasy 7...

But whatever.

Top Bottom