• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT2|

I've been playing this exclusively again after I bailed on BLOPS probably in March or April for good.

If anyone wants to see an old friend called MW2 on its death bed, now is the time. Its close. I have probably over 18 days of play time in on this game and probably in the last month ts reached what I call "unplayable" status.

Keep in mind this is not another MLC or Danger Close complaint in the least. That is not an issue for me this late in the game.

The player base that is left has simply adapted to the game to the point of making it near pointless for people to just play this for enjoyment. All traveled routes are covered, you have literally three to four seconds after you make a kill to make a decision on where the player is coming from that is closing on that skull/death icon the nanosecond it popped up. Be assured that if you see one enemy team member the rest are not far behind so make your kill accordingly, the maps have been split into eighths at this point, the entire enemy team WILL be localized even if they are randoms.

Map mastery at this point, super interesting super unfriendly in my opinion.

I'm still playing and loving MW2 after nearly 30 days play. Usually put in a few good hours every week at the moment.

As much as it pisses me off with all the tubes(I'm guilty of this sometimes)qscopers/knife runners, the game for me is just 'fun'.

I hope MW3 isn't missing the 'fun'. Or it's missing the shit hit detectionsand sluggish running speed of Blops. But with the confirmation of MW3 running on the MW2 engine, I'm sure it'll be fine :)

Also, I'd pay big bucks for more maps in MW2 right now :( Would love to play OilRig and Gulag.

Anerythristic said:
The player base that is left has simply adapted to the game to the point of making it near pointless for people to just play this for enjoyment. All traveled routes are covered, you have literally three to four seconds after you make a kill to make a decision on where the player is coming from that is closing on that skull/death icon the nanosecond it popped up. Be assured that if you see one enemy team member the rest are not far behind so make your kill accordingly, the maps have been split into eighths at this point, the entire enemy team WILL be localized even if they are randoms.

Do you ever play Team Tactical? Having only 3-4 players per team makes things less hectic and you can actually move around the map a bit more freely then. TT has been my favourite mode for a long time now and there seems to be a pretty decent amount of people playing it all the time.

Sethos

Banned
Bumping time.

So I've decided to give the PC version another go. Ever since I got rid of my Crossfire card, game is actually running smooth now. However, I can't get rid of the strict NAT and I can't find any games.

Done it all, given myself a static IP, opened all the required ports, enabled UPnP on its own and while the ports were forwarded etc. I even tried opening every single port for my computer's IP but it's always strict, always impossible to find games.

Windows Firewall off and my other firewall disabled.

Is this a known issue or me just being very unlucky?

kuYuri

Sethos said:
Bumping time.

So I've decided to give the PC version another go. Ever since I got rid of my Crossfire card, game is actually running smooth now. However, I can't get rid of the strict NAT and I can't find any games.

Done it all, given myself a static IP, opened all the required ports, enabled UPnP on its own and while the ports were forwarded etc. I even tried opening every single port for my computer's IP but it's always strict, always impossible to find games.

Windows Firewall off and my other firewall disabled.

Is this a known issue or me just being very unlucky?
I had an issue with strict NAT and fixed it by turning off my antivirus. Have you tried that?

J2d

Could someone with the PS3 version please check if the online population is still healthy? I'm thinking about picking this up again since it's on the ps store.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I guess nobody still plays this?
Today I finally got my first nuke. (team deathmatch on wasteland)
11 days of in-game playtime, 30k+ kills, and I still think this is the best multiplayer fps of all time. :)

zeelman

So good, hardly anyone plays it (on consoles)!

And don't say hackers ruined COD4 on the consoles, because hackers didn't stop people from playing MW2.

Still my favourite Cod multiplayer experience. Was really into MW3 on 360 then I switched over to PS3 and after prestiging again a million times I started to get bored. So I switched back to MW2 and I'm still loving it. I just feel it has the best weapons in the series in the sense that you really can use any weapon, whereas in previous and future iterations there were some weapons that were just no fun or useless to use.

I decided to get back on MW2 this weekend and play a little bit. I've already seen two games where the team text colors in the kill feed were all fucked up and different. What's the deal? Is this game hacked now like CoD4 and WaW too?

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I have yet to play a (fps) mp game on ps3 that felt as good as MW2.
BlackOps mp was a huge step down imo and I didn't even bother with MW3.
If anyone has anything good to say about mw3 ps3 or recommendations for other ps3 mp games I'm all ears.

Nobody probably cares at this point but .....

Anyone remember how MW2 PC took an age to put you into an MP game ? That's seemingly fixed now, it's putting people into games almost immediately, like it was when it first came out.

Top Bottom