• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Callisto Protocol Exclusive Skins are now available to everyone

Draugoth

Gold Member

To celebrate the holidays, The Callisto Protocolis giving away previously exclusive skins to all current and future owners starting December 21 – and we wanted to debut the news with our Xbox community.

First, by popular community demand, everyone will receive the Gore Skin Collection, previously a Twitch exclusive, for free. So, if you missed out on the Twitch Drop at launch and want to ring in the New Year by battling your way through Black Iron Prison covered in the viscera of your enemies, now’s your chance!

TCP_GoreSkin_XBW_12.21.23-44e03f6c5a28d9063372.jpg

We also added the Snake, Retro Prisoner, Biophage, and AMD Radeon Skin Collections for all Digital Deluxe Edition and Season Pass owners with no strings attached. Whether you’re playing through the campaign, Final Transmission story expansion, Contagion Mode or Riot Mode – players can commemorate the New Year in style. To access the skins you need to have the Season Pass content installed on your system.

• Retro Prisoner Skin
  • AMD Skin
  • Biophage Skin
  • Snake Skin
  • Retro Prisoner Skin
  • AMD Skin

With the end of the year almost upon us, we looked back at the previous twelve months. We launched four DLCs alongside dozens of updates that added new modes to the game, improved the combat, and added quality of life and optimizations. But mostly we were excited to see millions of players join us to face the terrifying creatures lurking the halls and shadows of Black Iron Prison. Since The Callisto Protocol launched, players have bludgeoned, bashed, and blasted their way through the monstrosities stalking the penitentiary – but just how many abominations did players dispatch?

Kuranghi

I will reinstall this and play the DLC soon, me and flatmate thoroughly enjoyed it, its not an amazing game but its great fun and really fun for others watching you play as an experience, like the REmakes, RE7/8 and Alan Wake II. The upgrading of the guns was well done imo, they actually felt meaningful and even if you searched all routes for every mat you could you couldn't become OP.

Like REmakes/8 you would have to play through many times to get all the guns upgraded so you had to choose what your favourite was. I don't really get the hate the game got, the face capture, animations and graphics were really awesome, the performance was fucked at launch but was fixed fully (on console) shortly after, but even PC was shored up to a reasonable level within a week, meanwhile plenty of other PC releases are still fucked even years after or don't work properly on older HW that should be able to run easily like Psychonauts 2, that game needs a lot of brute force to get locked 60 at anything over 1080p, the framepacing is trash.

Was there more story DLC outside the one where you play as the asian lady?

Mr Hyde

Was pleasantly surprised by Callisto. Heard so much negative shit about it but when it was on PS Plus, I subbed for a month and claimed it. And it was pretty damn good. The graphics were of very high quality, the combat was fun and engaging ( although a little bit repetitive at the end) and the story was serviceable enough for keeping me interested until the end. In fact I liked it so much I bought the entire game, with all the DLC, as I plan on doing NG+ and play through the story expansion. It's a shame it flopped because I think a sequel could have improved so much from the base game and maybe have the potential to be a great sci fi horror franchise.

Last edited:

Ywap

I just bought it on the Epic sale, got the Digital Deluxe Edition since the price difference was so small.

I don't expect Dead Space quality but hopefully some decent entertainment for the price asked 👍

Last edited:

simpatico

Gameplay will still be punch out ? Even if i change skin ?
Getting drawn into mini game like fist fights takes the tension away. Imagine just using Anderson Silva dodging techniques when the most grotesque horrors the mind can imagine are running at you. It's really a weird melee action game with horror aesthetics. Such a weird design choice. They had to have consciously decided to take everything from Dead Space but the decapitation mechanic. Why did they stop there? It's really all this game needs. Just a laser knock off of the plasma cutter and enemies designed around it. Can't think of many games with one single easily identifiable design decision just tanked the product. Minimum 1.5 Metacritic boost if they traded the melee for decap shooting.

Eiknarf

Banned
Where in the menu can I find the free gore skin? I’m at “menu > options > gameplay > character skin” , and I don’t see it on the PS5

I just see my ‘default’ skin. My ‘outer way’ skin and my ‘gold’ skin.

WorldHero

Underrated game, sad we won’t see another. Also speaks bad for companies trying to launch new IPs. This is almost like a repeat of Order 1886.

cjp

Everyone? I see one skin for everyone with the others still locked to digital deluxe or season pass owners?

Top Bottom