• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Reveals The Resident Evil Series Has Sold 146 Million Copies Worldwide

Draugoth

Gold Member
ResidentEvilDeathIsland-1-min-768x404.jpg

The Resident Evil series has now surpassed 146 million units sold globally, Capcom has announced during its first quarter report

Its most recent instalment, Resident Evil 4 Remake, has already sold five million units worldwide following its launch on PS5, PS4, PC, and Xbox Series X/S in March 2024. While the game has seen the release of The Mercenaries as free DLC, Capcom is also planning a PSVR 2 mode for the horror title, and is reportedly developing Separate Ways, which features Ada Wong as a playable character.

Arachnid

Well deserved. I wonder what percentage of that has been their post-RE6 games. They've been putting out banger after banger, culiminating in arguably the best RE they've ever put out with RE4make. I'll give Capcom all the money

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
GTAV actually makes this seem like a small number eventhough it is unquestionably wonderful.

Sadly, I was never a big Resident Evil guy. Never could get into the controls and playing Dead Space back in 2008 became my survival horror experience.

cortadew

GTAV actually makes this seem like a small number eventhough it is unquestionably wonderful.

Sadly, I was never a big Resident Evil guy. Never could get into the controls and playing Dead Space back in 2008 became my survival horror experience.
Incomparable, Rockstar spent at least 100 million in marketing for the game. The amount of sales RE franchise has amassed is impressive for a horror franchise which most of the time is a very niche genre.

Kronos9x

Where are the spin offs like Revelations? or the AAA multiplayer games? Outside of Remakes they are not doing much with the IP. They can't even fix the GFW Steam games like Operacion Raccoon City.

Mr Hyde

baby hat GIF

One of my all time favorite franchises. I was there from the start in 1996 and hopefully I can be there until the end too. Resident Evil is as good as it gets when it comes to video games and Capcom has nurtured this series to become a juggernaut in the industry. Let's hope for another 25 year of survival horror excellence.

Top Bottom