• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR: The next witcher game won't be "just a Witcher 3 in new clothing"

But will it be...
JZ1tfPz.jpg

Freeman76

this is probably 7 years away at least, who knows what advancements will happen tech-wise in that time. Guarantee it will have all the queer shit we get rammed down our throats nowadays though to appease Resetera

Cyberpunkd

this is probably 7 years away at least, who knows what advancements will happen tech-wise in that time. Guarantee it will have all the queer shit we get rammed down our throats nowadays though to appease Resetera
This is the company that did “Switch it Up” ad for Cyberpunk.

knguyen

Weighty, bloody combat, open world with interesting locations and loots. And please, no woke nonsense.

Last edited:

Inuteu

I hope that does not mean more Ciri levels

as we got more mary jane levels in spiderman that absolutely no one asked for

GymWolf

They just need a good combat system, a more balanced challenge (w3 was piss easy even kn death march after a while) and letting the dude who wrote the dlc for w3 and cb2077 to write the main plot aswell.

An advanced nextgen monster\npcs ecosystem in the open world would be the icing but i don't really expect that from the people who had to patch their last open world for 2 years to get on par with fucking gta3.

Oh almost forgot, gimme different weapons or make the swords different with different moveset, i was done with the fucking spinning ballet 5 hours inside the game :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

GymWolf

Ah, true. Combat could be less brain dead without "auto lock" on targets.
No lock on is not more challenging or less braindead at all, it is only one aspect of combat.

Latest example, Dogma series is way easier than a fuckload of games with lock on.

Dazraell

They just need a good combat system, a more balanced challenge (w3 was piss easy even kn death march after a while) and letting the dude who wrote the dlc for w3 and cb2077 to write the main plot aswell.

An advanced nextgen monster\npcs ecosystem in the open world would be the icing but i don't really expect that from the people who had to patch their last open world for 2 years to get on par with fucking gta3.

Oh almost forgot, gimme different weapons or make the swords different with different moveset, i was done with the fucking spinning ballet 5 hours inside the game :lollipop_grinning_sweat:
Well, it looks like Marcin Blacha aka the guy who was a head writer for Witcher 3 dlcs and Cyberpunk is still in Warsaw, so it's safe to assume he might be working on the next Witcher as Cyberpunk's team was moved to Boston

GymWolf

It is. Use no softlock mod and see it.
It doesn't work like that, a combat system, its enemies, the mechanics are all made around lock on in a game with lock on, you can't just mod out the lock on and say that it is more difficult because the game wasn't made with no lock on in mind so the balance is gonna be completely fucked.

And i vastly prefer when the challenge comes from strong, capable enemies over what type of lock on you use, if the challenge in your games comes from that, in my mind you failed at doing capable mobs\bosses and you only hope that the player is gonna miss half of his blows, good enemies make you miss blows even if you have a lock on.

A lock on is not gonna make you avoid fast combos or multiple enemies attacking at once nor does it make you better at timing attacks and parries if you are not skilled.
Sekiro has a lock on and tsushima didn't had one until later with a patch and yet sekiro is tough to beat and tsushima is piss easy, both games based on parries, but sekiro just has way more capable enemies and bosses that make the biggest difference.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
It doesn't work like that, a combat system, its enemies, the mechanics are all made around lock on in a game with lock on, you can't just mod out the lock on and say that it is more difficult because the game wasn't made with no lock on in mind so the balance is gonna be completely fucked.

And i vastly prefer when the challenge comes from strong, capable enemies over what type of lock on you use, if the challenge in your games comes from that, in my mind you failed at doing capable mobs\bosses and you only hope that the player is gonna miss half of his blows, good enemies make you miss blows even if you have a lock on.

A lock on is not gonna make you avoid fast combos or multiple enemies attacking at once nor does it make you better at timing attacks and parries if you are not skilled.
Sekiro has a lock on and tsushima didn't had one until later with a patch and yet sekiro is tough to beat and tsushima is piss easy, both games based on parries, but sekiro just has way more capable enemies and bosses that make the biggest difference.
It works exactly like that and it becomes more difficulty.

I am not saying this resolves IA problems and other issues.

GymWolf

It works exactly like that and it becomes more difficulty.

I am not saying this resolves IA problems and other issues.
A game balanced around lock on get more difficult without lock on, umm no shit? the whole balancement goes out of the window.

b0uncyfr0

Well, they're not the best at building great open worlds from the get go. Witcher 1 was meh, 2 was good and 3 was great. That punk game was quite devoid of life at first too. It was just empty.

I wouldnt get excited about it. Last i heard the peeps who worked on the witcher already left (could be wrong though). And more left after CP.

Whose left to actually deliver?

Dazraell

Well, they're not the best at building great open worlds from the get go. Witcher 1 was meh, 2 was good and 3 was great. That punk game was quite devoid of life at first too. It was just empty.

I wouldnt get excited about it. Last i heard the peeps who worked on the witcher already left (could be wrong though). And more left after CP.

Whose left to actually deliver?

The Witcher 1 and The Witcher 2 were never designed as an open world games though. This was a trend they started with the third game and Cyberpunk. Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 were more linear with hub-like areas similar to older BioWare / Obsidian games like KotOR, Dragon Age: Origins or Neverwinter Nights 2

A lot of core developers are still at the company. Some indeed left, but it doesn't mean none of the ones who worked on past games aren't still employed at the company. Quite the contrary

Plus, some of people who left CDPR and formed their own studio are also working on The Witcher 1 Remake now and it seems this time the game will be remade as a fully open world game, so that's one is interesting as this transition will require some changes and adjustments to make it work

I really hope CDPR focuses on gameplay this time. Combat barely evolved from 2 to 3. It's serviceable at best. I wanna look forward to fighting monsters on the next game, not treat it only as an obstacle on the way to the next story beat. And they need to improve not only combat but traversal as well, both on foot and on horseback.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
what a random statement lmao, I have never come across anyone who was worried about that. However, it being broken is surely on lot of people's mind. So yeah

Top Bottom