• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ChessGAF |OT| Tricks are for KIDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
World Rapids are going on right now. Round 3 under way. Carlsen had a very pretty sacrificial win in round 3 and Salem had a wild game against Anand. Rapid is my favorite time control because you see lots of new positions.

yeah, was fun seeing the vallejo-carlsen game unfold

sadly, my man moro lost to bologan when i was right next to the board watching. that was a bummer, lol

but yeah, kinda crazy to have, like, ivanchuk, radjabov or aronian just walk right past you, definitely had a bit of those weak fanboy knees going

maybe i'll post pics at some point

jchap

Good performance by Carlsen in the Qatar Open. It's the first tournament in some time where he has played so many aggressive games. The blitz playoff was a bit of a letdown but the classical chess was good throughout.

jchap

I was a little disappointed in the tie breaker situation at the Candidates. It forced Caruana to play for a win as black in the last round. Still I'm looking forward to Carlsen vs Karjakin .

MaxHouse

Banned
The King and Prince of Chess

13507239_1066304760124319_8931731433057816553_n.jpg

jchap

Very interesting win by Levon Aronian today against Magnus Carlsen. He scarified a pawn and an exchange to isolate Carlsen's queen in his territory then made a pretty bishop sacrifice to get a winning position. It was very instructive of the dangers of grabbing material before development is finished. Carlsen couldn't do much with his bishop trapped on the back row isolating his rooks from each other. Lots of interesting tactics at play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom