• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN Editorial: "Trump is not evil, just an amateur"

You didn't listen to the song, did you? That is too bad. Karen Carpenter has the voice of an angel.

I don't claim to know any man, other than myself. I like a "choose you own adventure" worldview. Events will play out the way they were meant to and I'll still be here, and so will you. We will enjoy what little time we have on this planet and then in about 20 years after we're dead and buried, nobody will even remember who or what we were. Life such as it is will go on without you and me and President Trump just fine. Let's be friends.

I dare say that Forthefuture will have less than 20 years going by the amount of stress and outrage everything Trump does has on him/her. Stress and anxiety can have a severe effect on the human body.

You didn't listen to the song, did you? That is too bad. Karen Carpenter has the voice of an angel.

I don't claim to know any man, other than myself. I like a "choose you own adventure" worldview. Events will play out the way they were meant to and I'll still be here, and so will you. We will enjoy what little time we have on this planet and then in about 20 years after we're dead and buried, nobody will even remember who or what we were. Life such as it is will go on without you and me and President Trump just fine. Let's be friends.

Lay off the shrooms and get some context for that childrens picture book.

Barsinister

Banned
Lay off the shrooms and get some context for that childrens picture book.

Now you have raised my ire and I demand satisfaction. You can apologize to me now, and I will forgive you. Insult me again, and I promise I will not go easy on you. You seem a pleasant sort of chap, let me know!

Joe T.

So you love your internet troll president. Sorry but neither your puppet president nor his followers deserves the dignity of being called a human..

Every time I see such remarks I am reminded about an article from Time.com titled "How Trolls Are Ruining The Internet." An excerpt that I believe serves as an appropriate response to your remark:

"Troll culture might be affecting the way nontrolls treat one another. A yet-to-be-published study by University of California, Irvine, professor Zeev Kain and Amy Jo Martin showed that when people were exposed to reports of good deeds on Facebook, they were 10% more likely to report doing good deeds that day. But the opposite is likely occurring as well. "One can see discourse norms shifting online, and they're probably linked to behavior norms," says Susan Benesch, founder of the Dangerous Speech Project and faculty associate at Harvard's Internet and Society center. "When people think it's increasingly O.K. to describe a group of people as subhuman or vermin, those same people are likely to think that it's O.K. to hurt those people."

The temperature in the room needs to be taken down a degree or thirty, so to speak. The anti-Obama crowd made it through eight years without their heads exploding (literally, anyway), surely the anti-Trump crowd can survive four years. Hopefully the next US president at least attempts to reach across the aisle while governing, for the sake of us all, because continuing down this path of hyper-partisanship looks like a recipe for disaster to me. Compromise is fundamental to a well functioning US government.

Barsinister

Banned
What kind of a man spends his days talking about things that he hates? Keeps pictures of the thing around to remind himself of it at all times. A small man, I wager. No fulfillment......no joy. Just hate. Take away the hate, and I bet there wouldn't be enough of a spot to wipe up with a sponge. You have my pity if you are such a man. And another man's pity, where it should be praised, is worth nothing to the hateful man.

What kind of a man spends his days talking about things that he hates? Keeps pictures of the thing around to remind himself of it at all times. A small man, I wager. No fulfillment......no joy. Just hate. Take away the hate, and I bet there wouldn't be enough of a spot to wipe up with a sponge. You have my pity if you are such a man. And another man's pity, where it should be praised, is worth nothing to the hateful man.

The kind of man that needs something to constantly be outraged about to keep him going is usually a person that is deeply unhappy with themselves or their past actions.

Chiggs

trump, who is 72 is not an amateur.

Fuck CNN for running this op ed.

When you appoint numerous people to the presidential cabinet who take it upon themselves to hurt people. You are evil.

1. Nobody said an amateur in life, or business. Also, the author isn’t infantilizing him. But politics?
2. Why, because it presents another perspective? Come on, now.
3. Or because he, you know, had no idea what he was doing and was steered? I mean, a lot of people believe he was steered—and is being steered—by Putin, so is it really unreasonable to think he wasn’t influenced by others for some of those picks? Obviously, some picks were people he knew, and many were bad choices.

If you want to talk about vindictive/evil behavior with Trump, I’m surprised there was no mention of him going out of his way to overturn Obama-era policies with executive order after executive order. That struck me as petty. Then again, he was also sticking, or trying at least, to his campaign promises.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record: elections have consequences, and they’re usually very serious for the losing party.

Question: if Trump gets impeached, how will you handle President Pence?

I’ll take Trump over Pence any and every day of the week.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
This article seems like a white flag. He has been "evil", a "traitor", a "mysoginist", a "racist" since before he was elected.

But, y'know? We've decided to soften on the guy (since our ratings are plummeting like a rock). We just think he's incompetent. Evil? Sure, we may have been calling him exactly that for the last 2 years straight, but we're willing to downgrade that to "amateur" (please watch our channel, former-viewers-fleeing-toward-Center).

Chiggs

This article seems like a white flag. He has been "evil", a "traitor", a "mysoginist", a "racist" since before he was elected.

But, y'know? We've decided to soften on the guy (since our ratings are plummeting like a rock). We just think he's incompetent. Evil? Sure, we may have been calling him exactly that for the last 2 years straight, but we're willing to downgrade that to "amateur" (please watch our channel, former-viewers-fleeing-toward-Center).

What’s interesting is that CNN.com is actually quite a success, whereas CNN the channel, along with Headline News, gets smoked by Fox and MSNBC so hard it’s not even funny.

Cato

Banned
So you love your internet troll president. Sorry but neither your puppet president nor his followers deserves the dignity of being called a human..

Don't you think you are a little bit hysterical and over the top? Calling half of the US population non-human?
Chill down dude and stop with the hyperbole. The optics are bad.

Right doesnt care about other people. Person I replied to admitted that he enjoys seeing his president griefing people like a common internet troll. I refuse to believe such an aproach to politics is the fruit of a healthy human mind. So I stand behind my words.

Last edited:

Arkage

Banned
I mean Trump endorsed a pedophile for Senate and is an admitted serial predator/harasser of 19+ women. Is this being an amateur?

Barsinister

Banned
Don't you think you are a little bit hysterical and over the top? Calling half of the US population non-human?
Chill down dude and stop with the hyperbole. The optics are bad.

Pity him. He won't appreciate it.

Right doesnt care about other people. Person I replied to admitted that he enjoys seeing his president griefing people like a common internet troll. I refuse to believe such an aproach to politics is the fruit of a healthy human mind. So I stand behind my words.

Angry, angry man.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
He may not be "evil" but certainly is a shitty human being. He has displayed this on many occasions now.

Your posts really make you come across as an edgy 18 -24 year old know it all who only remembers Obama and Trumps presidencies.

Ke0

Evil or not he's a pretty fucking terrible President.

He said he doesn't believe his own intelligence agencies, who are basically in a sense first responders on a larger scale...and many people are right there with him with saying how absolutely shite they are and untrustworthy bunch of liars...in the same breath Trump and his voters believe Putin head of the freakin KGB who is the equivalent of America's CIA in terms of truthfulness both to Russia's own people and outside forces. Putin who whose dissenters are routinely made to disappear strangely.

Trump and Americans are basically saying with a straight face, "I don't trust American intelligence agencies because they have a history of lying and doing bad things BUT I trust Putin the head of the KGB who also has a storied history of lying and doing bad things because...."

There is more truth to this statement than you realize. The absolute lack of general respect is one of many reasons our society has turned to trash. It is President Trump. If you are an American, respect the office. We salute the rank, not the man.

Ever heard “respect is earned, not given”? Thus far I haven’t found too many reasons to respect Trump. To be fair I didn’t find a reason before he got into office either. Maybe that day will come some day. But respecting someone because of their job title even if their actions don’t warrant it? Yeah that’s gonna be a no for me.

Also “they are not free to lie though” about the media is pretty rich. Here in Europe NY Times is one of the most respected newspapers in the world, but if I were to believe the office that I’m suppose to respect, I should bury the Times and watch Fox and Friends. I’m gonna pass on that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom