• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Joe Lieberman is front-runner for FBI director [Edit: Nope.]

Trump met with Lieberman to supposedly discuss the FBI job
Trump picks a guy from Lieberman's firm to represent him in the Russia investigation
Lieberman cites Trump picking someone from his firm as the reason to turn down the FBI job

Is that right?

I think the takeaway here is that Lieberman, unlike Trump, is smart enough to know how bad this looks.

ICO_SotC

I guess I'm being too cynical and thinking there's no way Trump didn't use that interview at some point to discuss legal representation for the Russia investigation with Lieberman, or even if the interview served solely as a cover to have that discussion so the media wouldn't find out, and the job was never really there for Lieberman.

kirblar

I guess I'm being too cynical and thinking there's no way Trump didn't use that interview at some point to discuss legal representation for the Russia investigation with Lieberman, or even if the interview served solely as a cover to have that discussion so the media wouldn't find out, and the job was never really there for Lieberman.
Trump pulled this kinda rope-a-dope shit w/ Romney, Lieberman backing out once this smelled fishy was smart on his part.

Top Bottom